How to Make a Userbar

Today I'm going to be showing you how to make a userbar.

1.) Install Gimp, or any other program like it.

It can be downloaded here

2.) Go to this http://www.webestools.com/userbar-generator-free-online-tool-userbar-maker-photoshop-forum.html and change the settings to what you want them to be, like text etc. Click "Download" when your happy with the results. 

3.) Open Gimp. Go to File----> Open. Select the userbar that you made on that site.
    By now you should have something like this

4.) Go to a place to get a sprite, Do NOT use a animated sprite for this tutorial, and save the image of the sprite you want to use. Now go to File----> Open As Layers(CTRL+ALT+O shortcut) 

5.) Shift+T to move the sprite where you want it to be, DON'T resize it. The sprite is probably cut off. So go to Image----> Canvas Size and change it to your needs. Then go to the first layer(the one with the userbar, not the sprite) down to the bottom and do the same with the sprite. Now, your probably seeing a checkered background like http://i.imgur.com/JLdD2jy.jpg, that doesn't mean anything.

6.) If you just click "Save" it will save as a Gimp file, which sites like Imgur don't support. Click File---> Export(Or Shift+CTRL+E) and save it as a png for highest quality AND IMPORTANT PLEASE READ! MAKE SURE THE MODE IS RGB! Go to image->Mode-> and change it to RGB if it is not in it!

7.) Now upload it to a image sharing site of your choice. I prefer Imgur as it's quick and easy, and you don't need a account. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll answer to the best of my ability ^.^

Last edited by Chespin1: 5/11/2013 2:42:18 AM

(✖╭╮✖) 

Thanks a lot for this Chespin! This will definitely come in handy.

I think that somebody should "sticky" this topic.

But what do you mean by no "animated" sprites?

^me^
    3DS FC: 0834-1267-2076 (Colin)
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)

Quote from pokemonuser2013 »

I think that somebody should "sticky" this topic.

But what do you mean by no "animated" sprites?

I think s/he means no animated sprites like this: 

And to use sprites like this:  

Hope that helps c:

^ZaneHallow^

Thanks a lot Chespin. The only problem I'm having is making the sprite's face show above the userbar

3DS FC:2964-9549-8938 Friend Safari: Helioptile Dedenne Luxio

Is there a way to use an animated sprite?

Credits to Shhmew for my avatar!

Quote from drk_blade92 »

Thanks a lot Chespin. The only problem I'm having is making the sprite's face show above the userbar

That's easily fixable :3 Just go to Image-> Canvas Size then adjust the settings the sprite isn't cut off.

Quote from Poliking »

Is there a way to use an animated sprite?

Yes.

^ZaneHallow^

The thing is I don't know what to select, I think i chose 350x36, I don't want the userbar to be stretched. The Sprite's face looks like this

3DS FC:2964-9549-8938 Friend Safari: Helioptile Dedenne Luxio

This won't stretch it. I think what your doing is resizing the sprite layer. Go to the userbar layer, the one without the sprite on it. Then go to Image-> Canvas Size and change it. PM me if that doesn't work.

Last edited by Kittyice: 4/21/2013 4:00:57 PM

^ZaneHallow^

Fixed and edited a bit.

(✖╭╮✖) 

Stickied as it should have been a long time ago. ^_^

^Made by the awesome Klave^

^Klave again^
    Ily Brian for the avatar. <3
    August SotM (ENTER) / Extended Sig / Mafia V16

Good girl Regine! ^-^

But this could really help so i don't have to keep bothering Liepard to make me some. :P

^Thank you, SlipperyBuizel!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes