Football Discussion Thread

Football. Is one of few sports which is enjoyed worldwide. By all ages and all people. So why not let the voices of those who enjoy this Fantastic sport be heard.

This thread is dedicated totally to football. Premier League, La Liga, MLS and so on. All competitons and all teams can be discussed (Though do expect blank faces when u talk about a team not well known)

Rules
    Standard Marriland Rules apply
    No Gloating Behaviour
    No insulting to other people for teams they support
    Have fun and enjoy yourselves

So thats it let the discussions begin.

Credits to Alice_Shards
    I'll do the kick off.
    Messi is god-like! Did anyone see the second match against Arsenal?
    Increndible match from Messi. 22 years old and allready the best player in the world.

paired up with monstahr, Firestorm a.k.a Arcane9 ,Ace Trainer Dawn and Lucario1545
    Oh god Messi.

I am an Arsenal supporter and I saw the match. I just wanted him not to perform for one night. Instead he steals the show >

Credits to Alice_Shards
    Messi 4 - 1 Arsenal

olol
    GOD ****IT MANCHESTER UNITED ISN'T THROUGH
    D:
    Manchester United was a surprise.

Risking Rooney and then to lose on away goals. Worst way ever.

But first time in what has to be around 5 years an English side will not play in the final

Credits to Alice_Shards
    I have been deceived by this thread. I come in expecting some discussion of the NFL draft and I am deceived by these soccer shenanigans.

I'm not huge into soccer, but I am excited to see some World Cup games again. during the 2006 World Cup, I was in France, and I have many memories of my exchange family and their friends and all the awesome 'football' parties. So I am excited to support the French World Cup team. Yes, I know that makes me a traitor to the United States. I'd still like them to play well too.
    Former global moderator and administrator of the Marriland forums
    Quote from HypnosProjectHQ »

I have been deceived by this thread. I come in expecting some discussion of the NFL draft and I am deceived by these soccer shenanigans.

I'm not huge into soccer, but I am excited to see some World Cup games again. during the 2006 World Cup, I was in France, and I have many memories of my exchange family and their friends and all the awesome 'football' parties. So I am excited to support the French World Cup team. Yes, I know that makes me a traitor to the United States. I'd still like them to play well too.

Sorry to dissapoint you but I don't think there will be much supporting. France isn't that strong a team this world cup, they only qualified by a second hand of God, this time by Henry.

And soccer will always be football. American Football is just that: American Football which is what it is called in the rest of the world.

paired up with monstahr, Firestorm a.k.a Arcane9 ,Ace Trainer Dawn and Lucario1545
    Haymaker speaks truth on both counts.

1) Football is just that around the world. I have no idea why Americans call football what it is when it is not a foot sport. But not gonna go into that. Will cause to many arguments.

2) France are currently not liked by many because of the 2nd leg of the World Cup Qualify against Republic of Ireland.

Also the English Premier League title race is way too close to call. Not many games to go either Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal could win it

Credits to Alice_Shards
    WHO SAID FRANCE?!

*breathes* Okay, I'm slightly calmer, but still annoyed. I was praying Aston Villa would avenge their 7-1 league defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup...Chelski look invincible right now.
    Quote from Moono »

Oh snap 'tis the man from Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/Harrison101HD
    My goodness The Gods of Football must of been smiling today.

Portsmouth a team which have had one torrid of a season have made it to the FA Cup Final.

So basically how I see it in terms of support it is Chelsea vs Rest of the world lol

Credits to Alice_Shards
    I hope I don't get scolded for bumping this, but making another thread in such a small sub-forum seems pointless.

Any (Manchester) United fans here? Liverpool? Inter? Barca?
    "Who is Bushido Brown?"
    "A bonafide bad mother****er, that's who."
    It has been a while. But I don't mind not locking and agree with logic.

I am sure there will be tons of United fans out there. Not sure Liverpool fans be eager to share the news though lol

Credits to Alice_Shards
    That's exactly why I mentioned them. hehe.

Whom do you support, Shadow?
    "Who is Bushido Brown?"
    I am an Arsenal fan.

(Anticipates a bit of stick now from anyone)

Credits to Alice_Shards
    I honestly don't know who to root for. I'd love to play Leeds again and bury them this time, so I guess it's them.

Go Leeds.

BTW, any other football fans here? Surely it's not just Shadow and I.
    "Who is Bushido Brown?"
    Hey, I figured something would be happening here.

- signature rework in progress -
    It's 2-2!
    "Who is Bushido Brown?"
    Go Pack. Period :|.

You must have realized that this isn't for American football by now.
    "Who is Bushido Brown?"
    It didn't specify. Or else, I didn't understand. Sorry.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes