What instruments do you play?

I have been playing the Piano for about 9 years and the Trumpet since last year. I am currently in my school's Jazz Band with the Piano. If you are wondering what songs I have learned, I have just memorized Moonlight Sonata. (1st Movement)

Last edited by Finnick: 6/25/2013 2:31:42 AM
    ^me^
    3DS FC: 0834-1267-2076 (Colin)
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)

I've been playing guitar for 2 years now, I'm not self taught I have been taking lessons from a jazz guitar student at ANU. I know how to read music, I know the frets on a guitar. learnt how to use Sibelius 7 to compose music.

Now and again i use Ableton Live 8 to make dance beats and I'm going to learn more about it when I go back to school. 

Last edited by Flowermouth: 2/1/2013 10:58:59 PM

Alright, I'm kidding. I have played the piano since I was 9 maybe. However, I have took a break from it due to university so I have played it for 8ish years before taking that break. Currently in Grade 5 piano.
    I've tried the trombone but I couldn't really use it well so I gave that up. Plus, the band's schedule was really messed up and I was busy. But it was an interesting instrument indeed.
    And finally, the recorder. I still have one but I don't really know any good songs for it except Hot Cross Buns.
    I really want to learn how to play the drums and I want to use the trombone again.

Dex completed: 4/27/2014 | Avi and sig by Shhmew| Extended Sig~
    Lake Valor (warning, no auto censors for swearing)

A few things.

1) lolscrafty^ I miss spongebob.

2) I love new topics in the music forum!

3) I'm learning the ukulele very slowly, and I like to sing but I'm not too good at it. Other than that, I haven't played any instruments, but I've wanted to play the piano ever since I was little.

Here comes the sun,
    And I say... it's all right.

Paws & Claws TribeMarri Kart RacersLucky Star Club

I play the piano. I taught myself when I was seven. I have a family of twelve children, so I couldn't get piano lessons.

white fc is 1421 5522 2930

black 2 fc is 4299 2102 8646

Pm me with your friend code if you want to trade, battle or anything like that.

Christianity is part of me.

I wish I could say I play something, but I don't. I wish I had learned piano as a kid though; I feel like I'll regret not doing so.

I dabble in FL Studio a little bit, but that's it.

trombone- for two years

(✖╭╮✖) 

Violin, for about 14 years now.  Some of the repertoire I've learned throughout the years:

-violin concertos by Sibelius, Mendelssohn, Bruch No. 1, Wienisawski No. 2, Vieuxtemps No. 2, Mozart No. 3-5, Symphonie Espagnole, currently learning Glazunov's
    -Ziguenerweisen by Sarasate
    -all 6 of 6 Sonatas and Partitas by JS Bach
    -Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens (I actually performed this at my high school's final orchestra concert my senior year)
    -Praeludium and Allegro by Kreisler
    -Tzigane by Ravel
    -Scene de Ballet by de Beriot

I'd like to learn the following:
    -violin concertos by Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Beethoven, Berg, Glass, Dvoark, Elgar
    -6 Sonatas for Solo Violin by Ysaye
    -Poeme by Chausson
    -Havanaise by Saint-Saens
    -some other short works I've listened to a lot since I was young, like Salut d'Amour by Elgar

Someone should totally make a music theory thread for music noobs or for people who want to know more about music theory.

I play the violin. I've been playing it for...4 years now? I'm part of the school orchestra, so it's necessary. When I decided what instrument to play for school, I was stuck between flute and violin. I went towards violin because I wouldn't lose my breath xD. I would play piano, but I don't have time for lessons and buying a piano is expensive. I also play recorder but not that much. I was going to learn how to play guitar, but it...didn't really work out. I sing, although I suck at it. 

I can play both the guitar and bass. I can also play a bit of violin and the cups (see the cup beat/game).

I learned to play the Keyboard years ago, but it had smaller keys, so I can't play it anymore, and can't afford a new one. So yeah, I play the keyboard. I also own a Guitar, but haven't learned anything about playing it yet.

Drums, vocals, bass, and other stuff. Been playing drums for 14 years.

All that we cannot sense is essential to that which we can sense, and that which we can sense is essential to that which we cannot sense. Everything is dependent on each other, but there is much more of what you cannot sense behind what you can sense.

Been playing the piano for four years now, going to learn the guitar soon. :)

EDIT: If vocals are an instrument then I do that too.

Last edited by Gary_Oak: 2/18/2013 4:21:36 PM

I am proficient with both the guitar and bass. I am rusty at the violin and I have a desire to venture into keyboards and keytars. :3

"Beyond the fiction of reality, there is the reality of the fiction"

I played the Clarinet for about 11 years, along with that I learned the bass clarinet and saxophone in high school. And I guess I do a little bit of piano and trumpet (but I am no where near good at it).

I swear my life and blade to defend this future you have won, Avatar.

Violinist here, been playing for about 7 years now, since 5th grade in elementary school.

yay interactive signature | W2 FC: 0562-5626-2804

I'm in band as well. I play the Baritone, drums, and a little bit of piano.

^Thank you, SlipperyBuizel!

I played the violin for a couple years but I'm currently playing the viola in school. I can also play the piano (somewhat horribly).

Quote from _Q2
    Who needs Valentine's Day when you have Brian and Quil at your sides? 8D

3DS ~ 3497 - 0719 - 0797

I play drums, and since I work on songs and not methods in my classes, I have some songs:

Fireflies, by Owl City,

Currently working on Holding Out For a Hero by Bonnie Tyler.

I haven't been playing for long....

Watch Rave Wurmple. You know you want to.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes