So I have a blue DS Lite and the hinge is broken and its wifi code doesn't work with my wifi but the DSi/DSi XL/3DS all have the wifi I need (WEP2 or something) but I'm not sure which one I should get. DSiXL to me seems pointless because DSi is cheaper and has the wifi I need (i dont really care about screen size) but the 3DS costs more but I'll be able to get more games.... should I just wait to buy a 3DS or get a DSi
I was thinking of doing that, but would they take it because it does have a broken hinge... and what should I trade it in for DSi or 3DS
I traded in my old DS Lite to help lower the price for a 3DS. While you may not get as much for it as an unbroken DS, every little bit should help. I would suggest getting a 3DS if you fancy it because it still plays ordinary DS games as well the 3DS ones.
You won't see them cease production of DS games for another year or two. Definitely not while the DSi and DSi XL are still actively in production. Not everyone has the cash to spend a minimum of $170 on a handheld (which has it's own level of fragility; handhelds are easily the most endangered of devices).
I think it's worthy to note that Black 2 and White 2 are DSi/3DS region locked, so you can only play the Japanese ones on a DS or DS Lite. That happened with Black and White too. It happens for all DSi enhanced games.
I bought a 3DS about a week ago and now im selling, i love it no doubt but since the announcement of 3DS XL I'm trying to sell my ds now before too many people find out about it. and my friend let me borrow his DSi so even if i dont have the new 3DS when Pokemon Black 2 comes out... i have his DSi