What is the best way to counter weather?

So I've been playing Pokemon TCG for years, although I've only just recently got a 3DS and Pokemon White 2. I've managed to get the hang of breeding for IVs, EV training and so on and created a sandstorm team which has had some good results in battling. What I want to know now is how to counter the many weather teams out there. I'm assuming Magic Guard is a major play when countering weather but I've also had someone suggest Abomasnow but Hail is still weather.

There has to be a viable way to counter all weather types and be a contender in tournaments.

This may not be the best way to handle it, and I'm sure it's not, but I just use multiple pokemon that work well in weather.

example in my team there are 3 pokemon that introduce a weather conditions and two that work with a specific weather setup, and one that  can use all types of weather teams and can counter it. 

eggs!      pokes!

so yeah to edit later..

credit goes to evergreenn for the avatar!

Quote from flygoncool21 »

This may not be the best way to handle it, and I'm sure it's not, but I just use multiple pokemon that work well in weather.

example in my team there are 3 pokemon that introduce a weather conditions and two that work with a specific weather setup, and one that  can use all types of weather teams and can counter it. 

Basically this. At minimum, at least have a Pokémon with a weather move or ability that won't harm your team.

yay interactive signature | W2 FC: 0562-5626-2804

People use Kingdra for the sole fact that if a rain team pops up, they have to fear a swift swim, choice specs Kingdra that can has Hydro pump and draco meteor...

Last edited by Scizor77: 2/7/2013 4:20:33 PM

Your OU team has one of the following: Heatran, Latios,  Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, or Politoed

There is no best way to counter weather conditions, but a Pokemon like Rayquaza and Golduck carry the abilities that negate weather conditions. (Air Lock and Cloud Nine)

^Thank you, SlipperyBuizel!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes