Best moveset for Umbreon[Bold]

Need to know of a good moveset list for my Umbreon, First time doing EV training with trying to get the right natures.

Raising him tanky with High Def and S. Def. From egg state.

Also good EV Training places for the 2 stats.

FC:4471 2216 9133 Black 2

First off, I moved this thread to the Competitive battling forum as BW2 isn't the place to go for battling movesets.

I would also want to know more stuff about this. Do you already have this Umbreon? Is it still an Eevee? What are the IVs? What moves does it have? And which ability does this Umbreon have?

I can't really tell you anything until I know those things.

Avy by Scrafty, Sig by Thundawave!  
    On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, Messy wrote:
    > "you can kill all the bluejays you want, but you must not kill a mockingbird"
    > close enough?

On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, bluejay100 wrote:
    > **** that line lol
    > blue jays are awesome birds
    ~My Drawings~ |~Trade Shop~ | <3

ahh ok sorry about that.

Well I got it to umbreon at lvl 18.(Current lvl 30)

Stats:

hp:97

atk:41

Def:95 (ev:trained)

Sp. atk:47

Sp. Def: 101(ev:trained)

Spd:44

Attacks so far:

Faint atk

Bite

Dig

return

I found a few forums and Thinking of a good move set would be:

Toxic,Moonlight(wish be better imo),curse,and payback

Last edited by xxghost08xx: 6/25/2013 1:49:57 PM

Foul Play is a good move for an Umbreon. Foul Play uses the opposing Pokemon's Attack power against them. I'd use it in place of Payback, since Umbreon naturally doesn't hit very hard. Most people have some hard hitting Pokemon, but your Umbreon can take it pretty well (perhaps unless it's a Heracross's Megahorn). The opponent won't be taking your Foul Play very well, on the other hand.

White 2 FC: 3654 8415 6755

Shadow Fist Gym Leader Rez Psyga, The Fighting Enigma.

Ringmaster of the Circus of Swords Tournaments

I reckon you want to rebreed that Umbreon, so you can get one with Wish. On something as bulky as Umbreon, Wish is almost indispensable, being semi-reliable recovery that can also heal others. If you don't want that, Moonlight's a good alternative.

Also, your EVs are off. If you want something to take hits, first EV it in HP (unless it has an enormous HP stat, like Blissey or Wailord), and then focus on the defences. Normally you only focus on one defensive stat or the other, and Umbreon can do both perfectly well. My ideal Umbreon set is this:

Sassy Umbreon @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize (Inner Focus doesn't really help her all that much)

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def  / 252 SDef

-Wish

-Protect / Heal Bell

-Toxic / Heal Bell

-Foul Play / Payback

Umbreon excels at Wish passing due to how difficult she is to actually kill. Wish is of course staple, while Protect guarantees that it'll activate, for when Umbreon's pressured. Toxic in slot 3 helps to wear down walls, while either Protect or Toxic can be swapped out for Heal Bell, allowing Umbreon to serve as a team cleric as well as a Wish Passer. If you have Toxic Spike support, or find yourself never actually using Protect, these would be good indications.

Lastly, two STABs in slot 4. Foul Play is the most recommended, as Umbreon tends to attract hard hitters, and she can use their Attack stat against them with a 95 base power STAB attack. However, there are times when Payback is more useful, like when Umbreon is facing something with very little Attack such as a Blissey. It still won't deal a lot of damage, but it's better than what Foul Play will do.

I chose the Sassy nature because it fits an Umbreon's personality better, complements Payback's strategy perfectly, lets Umbreon use attacks from both sides of the spectrum more easily during training, and lowers a stat she doesn't care about. If none of this matters to you, go Careful instead.

Does this help at all? :3

Last edited by KiwiDean: 6/25/2013 11:31:26 PM

Please click my eggs!

FC: 2964-9803-9830. Xatu, Munna, Wobbuffet.

Also, your EVs are off. If you want something to take hits, first EV it in HP (unless it has an enormous HP stat, like Blissey or Wailord), and then focus on the defences. Normally you only focus on one defensive stat or the other, and Umbreon can do both perfectly well. My ideal Umbreon set is this:

First off pretty much this. You don't ever want to have 252 Def, 252 SpDef for your EV spread unless you're Blissey (and I mean only Blissey).

To be honest with you, I don't see much use for a Bold Umbreon. Especially with the case of this one, where I put some stats into an EV calculator and it came out that your HP and Spe stats were near 0's, which is not good at all. Sorry to say but I think the best course of action is to get a new Umbreon (Calm nature preferably, since Foul Play doesn't require a good Atk stat), better IVs, and breed Wish on it too.

> close enough?

> **** that line lol

yeah, its first time really messing with ev's and Iv's and the breeding egg group. Looking at the umbreon, I knew i would have to rebreed it. the bold is meh to look at it.

nature isn't where I want it to be, capable of taking hits or the Sp. Def nature (More prefered). The nature of it says Strong Willed.

as for breeding for Wish, I need to first try and catch a alomomola(Caught one sadly male so breeding till find a female in either or evee or alomomola), if i can ever find another one in black 2.

As for I still need to farm out the power bands, but god awful slow to do(any faster ways of farming Bp rather than singles for 3 Bp per?).

All of these tips are very much helpful and welcomed.

Last edited by xxghost08xx: 6/26/2013 11:20:26 AM

The characteristic (stuff like "Capable of taking hits") just shows the highest IV of that Pokemon (and if the highest IV is tied between two or more stats, then it's selected by random). So having 'Capable of taking hits' just means that the Pokemon has the highest IV in Defense, and it doesn't provide any boost to that stat like natures.

Stuff like Power Bands, Anklet, etc. are also great for passing down IVs since it guarantees a pass-down of the corresponding stat (ex: giving a Power Band to a parent guarantees that the Special Defense stat of that parent gets passed down to its offspring). So it's recommended to have all of them if you can get your hands on it.

As for farming BP, going through the singles train would give you 16 BP after 3 rounds (assuming you beat the subway boss). Then if you're playing on BW2, then the World Leaders or Champions give a ton of BP, especially with Double and Triple battles.

And finally, you could probably just ask someone online to trade you over some Power items as a last resort. :/

Last edited by Messuduppotatoasia: 6/26/2013 12:34:17 PM

> close enough?

> **** that line lol

yeah I tried going through the big stadium and fighting the gym leaders but...well that didn't work to well there sadly. I think I will just end up taking the long painful road of single battles.

As for right now, I am trying to pass down wish to a female alomoma but not working to well. The whole steps of cross breeding to get the right egg moves is kinda harsh to learn.

Ohh, you've just gotta use the right egg groups.

Step 1: Get a female Eevee (obvious).

Step 2: Get a male Smeargle, and have it Sketch whatever egg move(s) your want your Eevee to learn. In this case it's Wish

Step 3: Breed them. It may take a while if they have the same trainer ID, but they'll get there eventually. If you can preserve any good natures or IVs along the way with the Everstone or Power items (respectively), by all means do so.

Please click my eggs!

yeah i figureed the alomoma not gotta work since not the right group and eevee is a field. Wonder if there is a Smeragle anywhere in black 2.

If you can't get a Smeargle, a breeding chain of Togekiss -> Raichu -> Eevee is also doable.

Please click my eggs!

Quote from KiwiDean »

I reckon you want to rebreed that Umbreon, so you can get one with Wish. On something as bulky as Umbreon, Wish is almost indispensable, being semi-reliable recovery that can also heal others. If you don't want that, Moonlight's a good alternative.

Sassy Umbreon @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize (Inner Focus doesn't really help her all that much)

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def  / 252 SDef

-Wish

-Protect / Heal Bell

-Toxic / Heal Bell

-Foul Play / Payback

Umbreon excels at Wish passing due to how difficult she is to actually kill. Wish is of course staple, while Protect guarantees that it'll activate, for when Umbreon's pressured. Toxic in slot 3 helps to wear down walls, while either Protect or Toxic can be swapped out for Heal Bell, allowing Umbreon to serve as a team cleric as well as a Wish Passer. If you have Toxic Spike support, or find yourself never actually using Protect, these would be good indications.

Lastly, two STABs in slot 4. Foul Play is the most recommended, as Umbreon tends to attract hard hitters, and she can use their Attack stat against them with a 95 base power STAB attack. However, there are times when Payback is more useful, like when Umbreon is facing something with very little Attack such as a Blissey. It still won't deal a lot of damage, but it's better than what Foul Play will do.

I chose the Sassy nature because it fits an Umbreon's personality better, complements Payback's strategy perfectly, lets Umbreon use attacks from both sides of the spectrum more easily during training, and lowers a stat she doesn't care about. If none of this matters to you, go Careful instead.

Does this help at all? :3

In Terms to this quote well I got a smeargle with wish Finally (Woot woot). So now the hard part is farming eggs for a female eevee. After wards once I have a eevee with Wish back to train station to get the single leader boss defeated to get the super train unlocked and get the two power items for Hp and Sp. Def First.

Move set list I will go with Wish,toxic, Heal Bell(Where ever that move is from) and Foul Play.

I will ev farm it off Audinos around lvl 55-64 with exp share but only after I can get it to go umbreon from the get go, meaning salon and cafe for happyness and run around then give it a level with a Rare Candy. Not forgetting the Vitamins, with the help of abyssal Gold mine! :) So This umbreon will be the first true test in trying to make a good if in hopes a perfect Ev trained pokemon.

Why do you need to get it to evolve into an Umbreon as soon as possible? EVs don't disappear just because a Pokemon evolves you know.

Also, if you use Wish, you have to use Protect. I've tried using Wish without Protect on a few Pokemon before, it never works unless that Pokemon is also using Softboiled/Recover/Roost/etc. The thing is, you have to wait a turn for the Wish to come heal you, meaning 1.) You can only heal once 2 turns (since Wish fails if there's already one coming along the way), and 2.) Your opponent has 2 opportunities to knock you out as you're sitting there waiting for Wish to come. Protect solves both problems, as well as providing a great scout move in case your faced with a Heracross or something and you want to know if it's going to use Close Combat or Mega Horn.

That said, you might want to take out Heal Bell for Protect if that's the case, or Toxic/Foul Play could be taken out if Heal Bell is going to be important for your team.

> close enough?

> **** that line lol

Very true in what you are saying Messu, I was looking at videos and most times protect is there since wish is a every other turn effect. So heal bell may be thrown out, completly. Why rush it is so to insure I don't goof up in making it level in the wrong time zone in a way (not really a issue).

I have also been looking at payback both seem really good to use honestly.

Side note would a Gentle Nature work? for umbreon (sp. def+/ Defense -)

Why would you lever want to lower your Defense for no reason? No, Gentle does not work. Use Calm, in case Umbreon gets confused and hits itself.

I prefer Foul Play since Umbreon hits so weak and Pay Back only having 50/100 base power which depends on the situation. While Foul Play on the other hand uses the opponent's Atk stat which is almost guaranteed to be higher than Umbreon's, and a consistent 95 base power so it's basically stronger than Pay Back in nearly all occasions the way I see it.

Also, B button to cancel the evolution? xD

> close enough?

> **** that line lol

ok Calm/ sassy it is then I will be looking for really then.

Ok Foul play does seem more apealing for sure, Since gamecubes Collosium Umbreon grew on me more honestly next to charzard, and dragonite.

As for the B button cancel almost forgot about that. I have been stuck playing Wow and league for a few years and had last played pokemon maybe in black or firered honestly. XD

For EV training, you'll have a much easier time against Grimer in Castelia Sewers (for HP, anyway). Eevee's Adaptability boosted STAB attacks are really quite powerful, and you should have no trouble OHKOing most of them. 

I use the bait and switch method against Stunfisk in Icirrus City to get their levels up. 3 Stunfisk = 12 HP EVs, which means you're on a nice, clean number for raising that to 252 with Grimer. All of this assuming Pokerus + Power Weight of course, you'll need to kill 24 of them to max out that HP.

(I've recently trained an EVd Umbreon to Lv100 as well, just for reference. :3)

Please click my eggs!

STAB?

and yeah I may do grimers first. Side note I did get the HP and Sp. Def power bands, but no pokerus so may be slightly slower and I hatched a Eevee female eggs with a Calm nature Somewhat stubborn with wish. So I plan on ev training HP stat first then the Sp. Def and Def to 4 and call it a day there on a full ev trained umbreon.

Quick question though, once fully ev'd train is it safe to kill random pokemon without it trying to mess up the ev's?

Also judge states superior potential overall, sp. def and fantastic in that regard. Starting stats are all 6 but 1 being its atk stat.

Last edited by xxghost08xx: 6/27/2013 5:44:28 PM

Yup. Once EVs are fully assigned, they're safe. 

Without Pokerus it'll take twice as long, meaning you'll need to kill 48 Grimer to max out the HP. The easiest way to find out though is to simply ring up Bianca on the Xtransceiver.

Oh also, it's basically impossible to tell IVs at Lv1 unless they're a really indicative base stat (35, 85 etc). Just thought I'd point that out.

Please click my eggs!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes