Hyper Offensive OU

Hey guys. Wiggler here. I just randomly created this OU team and got a HUGE response from it. Basically I was thinking about Scarf Haxorus and how it can really dent things, and then realized something: "Wait. Why use Haxorus Scarfed when I can Scarf Kyurem-B?" So I made this team, and the core is Kyurem-B. I am 8-2 with this team! (One I lost by 1 pokemon with one Percent since I was parahaxed, and the other I got killed by a Dugtrio Which trapped Kyruem-B when he was locked into Fusion Bolt)But alas, I really think I have found a gem with this team. And, without further adu:

@ Choice Band (Physical Sweeper)
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

Terrakion is here to..... umm..... Destroy? He helps because he has great coverage, on everyone, and can hit nearly anything not named Bronzong for Super Effective damage. Close Combat is my main STAB, while Stone Edge is a good secondary STAB. X-Scissor takes out those Psychics for me and can be really helpful if I am able to predict a Latios switch. EQ is for Rock types.

@ Choice Scarf (Mixed Sweeper)
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naughty Nature
    - Outrage
    - Ice Beam
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Focus Blast/Earth Power

Kyurem has been destroying my enemies with a Choice Scarf. My strategy is to eliminate any Steel types so he can sweep with outrage, then I switch when his rampage ends to cure the confusion. Now, Kyurem was dropped to OU since he had a lack of a good physical Ice STAB. Well Smogon voters CLEARLY forgot that he has a base 120 SPAtk, which is high on average. Outrage is my main STAB. Fusion Bolt provides nice Coverage. Ice Beam is my Secondary STAB and preferred Special Move, while I currently run Focus Blast for steels, but its accuracy is very unreliable. I am considering replacing it with Earth Power, but I want your guy's opinions on that.

@ Choice Specs (Volt-Turn Lead)
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom is my Water Poke, as he possesses the ability to Hydro Pump some other poke to death. Equipped with a Choice Specs for ideal damage, I can also Trick it onto and enemy. I usually immediately Volt Switch him out when I send him out, but Fire Pokes beware. HP fore is to take car of Scizor, Ferrothron and Forretress as my team really has no other means of countering them. 

@ Flying Gem (Physical Tank)
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Agility

Ooh boy, NO ONE sees this set coming. They predict me to protect or sub on turn one, so they are baffled when they see me usu agility. (Note, I don't do this near water types as it results in a painful death to Gliscor) By the time they find out, it is after Turn 2 with Gliscor, and I have 2x Atk and 2x Spe and then they get sweeped. This is also great coverage as everything that resists Flying and Ground is UU and Below. EQ is 150 Base with STAB, and Acrobatics is 165 Without the gem, but with the gem it is 322.5. Couple that with a doubles attack and speed stat..... ouch.

@ Focus Sash (Special Sweeper)
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Charge Beam
    - Focus Blast

ALA!!!! Alakazam awesome simply because he sweeps when I boost his attack. Usually, I use a move and the opponent is left with around 5% left. Then Focus Sash activates. Then I use Charge Beam to finish them off. 70% of the time Charge Beam raises the SPAtk stat. Thus Sweeptime. Psychic is my Good stab. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast provide stellar coverage, and Charge Beam is stated above.

@ Life Orb (Late Game Special Sweeper)
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Sludge Bomb/HP Ice

My Late Game sweeper here. Gengar not only has perfect coverage, but he is speedy and packs a punch. After Kyu takes out 4 Enemy Pokes and faints, I send in Gengar to put Icing on the cake. Life orb increases my damage output, and he is my preferred switch into a EQ aimed towards Terrakion. Thunderbolt nails those Flying and Water Types, Shadow Ball is a STAB, Focus Blast gets rid of steel types. I currently run Sludge Bomb just in case my other moves can't be super effective for a stronger STAB then Shadow ball and is good for Grass types, but is really lacking in coverage. I am considering switching to HP Ice, thoughts on that?

I think this is a really good team and would like your thoughts guys. Thanks!

"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." - Grimsley, Unova Elite Four

Join Unique Mafia 3 HERE!

Join Anthrix's random battle tourney HERE!

I've already made a mini-rate of sorts in the Competitive Chatbox, but now that you've uploaded the full team, I can make a full rate as well. I've said that this team's major weaknesses are in Scizor and Lati@s. 3 members on your team is OHKOed by a Choice Band Bullet Punch from Scizor after Stealth Rock, and Alakazam easily falls into prey range when its Sash is broken. Gliscor and Rotom-W can't heal themselves with the sets you are running, so its only a matter of time when your opponent starts Bullet Punching that your team will crumble. When Latios comes in for a revenge kill or against your Rotom-W being locked into Hydro Pump, he can launch a Draco Meteor that will OHKO something (unless Alakazam has its Focus Sash intact) on your team. I would also like to say that anything faster than your Kyurem can be listed as big threats as well, such as Scarf Salamence and Keldeo. Salamence can use Outrage to collect Moxie boosts and completely run your team over. Keldeo is a nuisance as well, since none of your members are resistant to both of its STABs. Finally, this team is lacking in Stealth Rock, which is an essential part on offensive teams to weaken the opposing Pokemon so that it's easier to knock them out.

My first suggestion is using a Specially Defensive Jirachi in place of Gengar. It provides Stealth Rock, beats Lati@s, and can be a fairly decent check against Keldeo. Although Jirachi can't come in against an Earthquake, it can still wall a Salamence locked into Outrage and you can paralyze it to make it much less threatening. Jirachi is a great Wish supporter too, so in case one of your Pokemon goes low in health, you can potentially bring their health back up with Wish.

Jirachi @Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    252 HP, 224 SpDef, 32 Spe
    Careful (+SpDef, -SpA)
    -Stealth Rock
    -Iron Head
    -Body Slam
    -Wish

Then I'll suggest a moveset change from your current Gliscor to a SubToxic. It solves a lot of problems actually. You're given a very solid counter to both Scizor and Salamence. Once you set up with this Gliscor, it's very hard to stop it without having things like Gengar or Bronzong, to which point their team should be weakened once Gliscor is done Toxic stalling everything.

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe

Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Earthquake

While with those two you pretty much cover all the previous weaknesses that you had, I would like to recommend Magnezone (whichever variant you're the most comfortable with) over one of your current Pokemon (it really doesn't matter what it is) for an overall boost in performance. What Magnezone does for your team is that it puts a lot of pressure on your opponent using Scizor, as they would have to Bullet Punch to OHKO Terrakion but then be killed by Magnezone, therefore leading to a harder time against your Alakazam and your Kyurem. It also removes Skarmory so Kyurem and Terrakion (though Terrakion would 2HKO it anyways) would have an easier time breaking apart the opponent's team.

Avy by Scrafty, Sig by Thundawave!  
    On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, Messy wrote:
    > "you can kill all the bluejays you want, but you must not kill a mockingbird"
    > close enough?

On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, bluejay100 wrote:
    > **** that line lol
    > blue jays are awesome birds
    ~My Drawings~ |~Trade Shop~ | <3

Jirachi and the set change sounds great. I'll edit the OP when I'm not lazy

EDIT: Imma keep my current Gengar because I want an offensive approach to this team. I edited  the post with Jirachi

EDIT 2: Whoops, I totally misread your rate!!! XD I thought you said get rid of Gliscor and replace him with Jirachi, and Change Gengar to SubToxic! XD I am going to actually take out Gliscor for Jirachi, but am keeping Gengar.

Last edited by Wiggler: 2/6/2013 5:46:25 PM

"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." - Grimsley, Unova Elite Four

Join Unique Mafia 3 HERE!

Join Anthrix's random battle tourney HERE!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes