This thread was Locked by Thundawave.

Hidden grotto Eevee?

Has anybody caught an Eevee with anticipation from a Hidden Grotto? Or enountered one at least?

I read that you could get one in any hidden grotto but then read elsewhere that it was only available through a 

Japanese wfc event. 

I don't wanna wait until the end of the game for one and I don't have anything to trade for a female to breed from. ;w;

They're extremely rare, about as rare as, say, Poliwhirl in Pinwheel Forest or Dragonite on Route 18 if i'm not mistaken.

Also, you might know this already if you saw the walkthrough (you might not), but the one you get in the post-game in Castelia City is always male, so you won't be able to breed it for more.

I read somewhere it was like 40% items, 40% hidden items, 20% Pokemon when stuff in hidden grottoes reappear?  I visited every one in the game recently and currently have 6-7 hidden grotto Pokemon.  I wouldn't say it's that rare to find a Pokemon there, but if you're looking for something specific, then it could take you a very long time.  It takes a while for them to respawn something new.  256 steps to add 5% chance, I believe.

That is true-it can take a long time to get the Pokemon you might want. I have found some interesting Pokemon in some of them, but the ones I check the most are by far the two in Pinwheel Forest. I've encountered a Technician Breloom (male though), a few Butterfree, at least two Sheer Force Hariyama (one of which was the first non-Unova Dex Pokemon I caught in White 2), and two Swift Swim Poliwhirl (one male, one female), which is pretty good considering they're like, a 1% chance of appearing in the chance of the regenerating. If only I could figure out how to use Pass Powers, and complete some more Funfest Missions to get the one for Hidden Grottos, that would be really helpful.

Pass Powers are obtained in the Entralink, and you spend Pass Orbs on them. You can obtain Pass Orbs by doing Funfest Missions (which you can boot up in the Entralink, as well).

The rest I can't really provide much on-i'm afraid you'll have to figure how to work that (the Funfest Missions) out yourself. I have some Pass Orbs, I just don't know how to activate the Pass Powers and get their effects.

Not all of them-some temporarily boost EXP gained, put items at Poke Marts on sale, etcetera. And to be more exact, it increases the chance of the Hidden Grotto regenerating something at all, not just with a Pokemon. You can read about them here:

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/passpowers.shtml

Last edited by GoldenFlicky24: 12/27/2012 10:22:11 AM

Hey. I saw you didn't know how to activate pass powers and decided to help. To activate them you have to turn C-Gear on. Then you tap the passerby bar (the bar of lines with however many nearby people highlighted) and there's a small downpointing triangle. If you tap that it'll ask which of your registered pass powers you want to use. (You register pass powers at the entree.) I hope I helped. 

Quote from FishNChipps

Hey. I saw you didn't know how to activate pass powers and decided to help. To activate them you have to turn C-Gear on. Then you tap the passerby bar (the bar of lines with however many nearby people highlighted) and there's a small downpointing triangle. If you tap that it'll ask which of your registered pass powers you want to use. (You register pass powers at the entree.) I hope I helped. 

This topic hasn't been posted in for more than a month, so it is unneccessary to reply to this topic. In the future, please remember to read the date of the last post in a topic to make sure that you won't revive another topic.

^Made by the awesome Klave^

^Klave again^
    Ily Brian for the avatar. <3
    July SotM (ENTER) / Extended Sig
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes