This thread was Locked by Shhmew.

Which is better to use: Throh or Sawk?

I have Pokemon Black version. I traded Sawk for Throh. Now, I am wondering which one is better to use in my main team? If Throh, I will train it. If Sawk, then I got to catch it again, but as of now I just defeated the 4th gym leader, Elesa.
    -Click it

]-Open to read for everyone
    I wish I've played through Black enough times to give you a better idea, but here is what I gather:

Throh (which I used in my first run) is much more bulky and slower than Sawk, but it learns moves like Revenge that are suited for it going second anyway. Sawk is more of a sweeper since it has higher attack and speed. It's a tough decision. What else is on your team?

Quote from bluejay100 »

I wish I've played through Black enough times to give you a better idea, but here is what I gather:

Throh (which I used in my first run) is much more bulky and slower than Sawk, but it learns moves like Revenge that are suited for it going second anyway. Sawk is more of a sweeper since it has higher attack and speed. It's a tough decision. What else is on your team?

I have Dewott, Watchog, and Dribur. Dribur is almost one more level to evolve. I am going to get Mandibuzz, and that Ghost/Fire type Pokemon. Forgot its name although.
    -Click it

]-Open to read for everyone
    i used throh and im happy with him when i started i thought: i aint never gonna win with that thing then it bested 2nd gym and i kept him hes awesome
    Level 2 License holder oh yeah
    Hmm, a lot of your team is rather speedy. To keep that throughout your team get Sawk. If you feel in need of another tank alongside Mandibuzz use Throh. Honestly, I think this one comes down to preference, so pick one and go with it.

I used Sawk and Throh to tell you the truth! XD I have Pokemon Black (and White, but at the time I was playing I only had Black) and read that getting Throh was a 0% chance in Black so I ventured around for a Sawk. I found one and then two grass spots later I ran into a Throh! I was surprised (and rather happy) so I killed it down and they both were mine! >:D So I used both of them in the 2nd Gym Battle then pretty much just but them in the PC Box for the rest of their lives XD So if your like me, just get either one and keep it for the Gym then let 'em reside in the PC Box since I haven't truly found any use for a fighting type.
    This doesn't have to do with Sawk and Throh, but I see you plan to use Mandibuzz. Take my advice and DON'T. I took all that time to get Vullaby to level 54 before the E4, and it didn't help at all. It was torn to shreds in a heartbeat. Its not worth it at all; you'd be better off with a psychic type or more specifically, if you want a wall, something like Musharna.
    Heart Gold:
    Name: Gold
    FC: 0389 1837 7119

I have black and I have 7 badges . I would definitely choose Sawk. Throh stinks!

Stuffedanimalguy11, you just revived a two year old thread. That is pretty unnecessary, so please don't do it in the future :) Because doing so could get you a warning or even banned :(

Steam: Zeldafan_of_WP Skype: swasp123 Credit to Rumi6969 for the epic banner!

Quote from Lapraz

Stuffedanimalguy11, you just revived a two year old thread. That is pretty unnecessary, so please don't do it in the future :) Because doing so could get you a warning or even banned :(

Indeed, the thread is old, but please don't backseat moderate like that... if you see someone breaking the rules report it instead so a mod can handle it.

Locking this.

"The battle continues."

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes