Wiggler's guide to Easy, Fast, EV training in Pokemon X and Y (WITHOUT SUPER TRAINING)

Wiggler's guide to EV training in Gen VI

Hello everybody, my name is Wiggler. First off, if you don't know what EV training is, click HERE. It's a guide to Devin (Marriland)'s OWN EV training guide that helped me when I started competitive battling a year ago.

Now, You must be looking to EV train if you clicked here, right? You could just use super training, but you WON'T, because it takes about forty minutes to max out a stat! LAAAMMMMEEE. Instead, this guide will teach you how to get 252 EVs in a stat In game in pokemon X and Y..... IN ROUGHLY FIVE MINUTES! (When you start wild fighting) WITHOUT USING VITAMINS! Sounds too good to be true, right? Well it isn't! Read below to find out how.

I will get pictures from my own game to help describe how to do this later.

Step One; Beat the game: So you have access to the Battle Maison, which you need to get a few items from.

Step Two; Get your pokemon: First, you gotta get your pokemon. IV breed it, Catch it wild, make sure it has the correct nature, I don't care! Just get it done.

Step Three; Catch an Oddish on Route 6: This Oddish helps a lot with your EV training. Why? Because it knows SWEET SCENT. Sweet Scent is amazing in this game, because when you use it in caves or grass, yeah it finds you a pokemon, but what's so special about it now? Sweet Scent automatically triggers a Horde Battle, which is VITAL to this guide. When you defeat all the pokemon in the Horde battle, they still give you the same amount of EVs.

Step Four; Get all the Power Items from The Battle Maison Shop: If you read Marriland's EV training guide like I said you should, you should already know the importance of Power Items. Get all six of them for 96 BP; 16 BP apiece. This may seem a while, but when you get 20 straight wins in Single Battle (Which should only take an half an hour, if you use your final in game team) And defeat the boss, the 20th fight, you should have 48 BP. So it only takes about an hour of sustained effort to get all of these.

Step Five; Get Pokerus and contract it to the Pokemon you are training: Again, if you read Marriland's guide, you should know the significance of Pokerus. If you don't have it, go and try to negotiate a trade for one in the trade forums.

Step Six; Teach your pokemon a Multi-Target move OR grab another poke that does and is already EV trained/You don't want to EV train: Option two is preferred here, as it makes life ten times easier.

Step Seven; Make sure your pokemon is ready: Properly bred, has no EVs (You can check this with the ST diagram) Has pokerus, holding the correct power item, have oddish knowing Sweet Scent in your party, AND if you are using another pokemon to KO the hordes, make sure Exp. Share is on.

Step Eight; Fly to one of these locations and fight these pokemon: Depending on what stat you want to EV train, here are hotspots below~

NOTE: WHEN YOU FIGHT THESE POKEMON, USE SWEET SCENT SO YOU FIND A HORDE OF THEM, UNLESS SPECIFIED. WHEN YOU FIGHT POKEMON NOT IN A HORDE, THE LEVEL WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER. ALSO, SWEET SCENT ONLY WORKS WHEN THE OVERWORLD WEATHER IS CLEAR.

If you want to train HP

Fly to route 5, and fight

Gulpin

Encoounter Rate: Common

Level: 5

EVs: Yields one normal HP EV

1) Defeat 5 hordes with Power Item

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Gulpin and defeat it.

If you want to train Attack

Fly to Route 14, and fight

Bellsprout

Encounter Rate: common
    Level: 16
    EVs: Yields one Attack EV

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Bellsprout and defeat it.

If you want to train Defense

Fly to Route 10, and fight

Nosepass

Level: 11
    EVs: Yields one Defense EV

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Nosepass and defeat it.

If you want to train Special Attack

Fly to The Frost Cavern and fight

Vanillite

Encounter Rate: Common
    Level: 19
    EVs: Yields One Special Attack EV

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Vannilite and defeat it.

If you want to train Special Defense

Fly to Route 7 and fight

Hoppip

Level: 6
    EVs: Yields one Special Defense EV

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Hoppip and defeat it.

If you want to train speed

Fly to Route 8 and fight

Wingull

Level: 8
    EVs: Yields one Speed EV

2) Take off the Power Item and find a Singular Wingull and defeat it.

Step Nine; Repeat Step Eight, but with the other stat you want to train: Remember, this means switch to the respective Power Item.

Step Ten; Fight two singular of the pokemon above for your stat with 4 EVs: No Power Item, just Pokerus.

Step Eleven; Check phase: So if you did everything correctly, go on Super Training. The two stats you EV trained should touch right near the edge of the spectrum thing it has. You should do any of the ST games now. When you're done, it should say after the record dialogue, "Wow! Your pokemon is now fully trained! Congrats, trainer!" If it says something along those lines, you have done evrything correctly. Nice job. To Recap:

• Two stats touching edge of Spectrum, one stat a little above three untrained stats
    • Super Training Message "saying pokemon is fully trained

CONGRATULATIONS! IF YOU FOLLOWED EACH STEP CORRECTLY, YOU NOW HAVE A FULLY EV TRAINED POKEMON!

Note: Do NOT attempt to do this if anything is unclear: Just post and I'll try to clarify. Feel free to point out any mistakes in the guide, as well.

Thanks to Gonzo Janik from Nugget Bridge, as I got most of the information I needed from this article he wrote, right here.

Ciao!

NOTE: The Vanillite picture in the Special Attack section of Step Eight Won't work. Dunno why.

Last edited by Wiggler: 10/24/2013 6:00:38 PM

"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." - Grimsley, Unova Elite Four

Join my OU pokedraft tourney here!

AH! This is awesome. I love you. Hug me!

Thanks alot for posting this ^.^ I haven't looked into the mechanics of all this yet, and this kinda means I don't have to look around different places and shizz anymore, so this will save me alot of time. Cheers!

Also, it sure is kind of Gamefreak to give us horde battles that correspond to the different EV's...

||||  Salty Dogs   4656-6947-3701  |  Ask me Stuff  ||||

Thanks Sinister ^_^ I most certainly will hug you. *Hugs Sinister*

There is bound to be some errors, mispellations, etc. so if you see some just give a shout!

"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." - Grimsley, Unova Elite Four

Not bad, my friend.

You double checked that they each only give one EV of the given type and none of another, correct? Some previous pokemon could give, say, 1 Atk and 1 Spd so you should check if you haven't.

Previously AlphaHydreigon
    Previously Blazikenomega

Credit to Rydia

A Game Of Favor

I forgot that they could do that 0.o But double checked, and they're all fine. Thanks Lucas :)

However, when I try to use Sweet Scent on route 10, nothing happens, saying it faded. Probably temporary.

If you add the power items to all five pokemon (assuming you aren't eving Oddish) and all 5 of them have Pokerus, you can use the EXP Share to ev all of them at once. This can also be done with 6 pokemon by utilizing Honey, but if you don't have Combee, I'm not sure how easy Honey is to find. It might take a while to get 5-6 power items each, but it would be worth it if you are training teams/a lot of pokemon in the same stats. Extremely helpful for Speed and HP since most pokemon on offensive or stall teams share the need for that stat.

Sup. The Bellsprout picture. Bellsprout for attack? Does Bellsprout give 1 Attack EV?

I'm a Garchomp. Are you? Sprite credit to Vee2. Banner to SlipperyBuizel Extended Signature

Quote from FireFighterflame »

Sup. The Bellsprout picture. Bellsprout for attack? Does Bellsprout give 1 Attack EV?

I just checked Serebii and yes it does. I even checked 5th gen to see if it was a misprint and it wasn't. It does indeed give 1 in attack :]

Quote from Kale12321 »

If you add the power items to all five pokemon (assuming you aren't eving Oddish) and all 5 of them have Pokerus, you can use the EXP Share to ev all of them at once. This can also be done with 6 pokemon by utilizing Honey, but if you don't have Combee, I'm not sure how easy Honey is to find. It might take a while to get 5-6 power items each, but it would be worth it if you are training teams/a lot of pokemon in the same stats. Extremely helpful for Speed and HP since most pokemon on offensive or stall teams share the need for that stat.

I'd add that in, but unless you want unwanted EVs on some of your pokemon, I'm not sure how many of us have the patience to get multiple power items lol. I know I don't. Good to know, however. :D

Hmm, I tried fixing the pictures, but it only worked for Bellsprout. >.< I'll try another method in a minute.

The guide looks nice though. Would you not rather it be in the Wi-Fi forums like 5th gen though? We can sticky it in the parent forum there if you'd like? Let me know.

Altogether good job though. ^_^

Edit: Yes! Vanillite has been fixed now.

Last edited by bridog77: 10/22/2013 5:14:18 PM

Black 2 FC: 2924 7290 8611

Looking for Pokémon? Click the Keldeo above and request some, they're free!

MMing for a shiny Swirlix: Egg #1,020

Awesome guide, thank you! Would love to get a pokemon with pokerus tho ;p

I personally felt like it fit best in competitive, but wherever you want it to be works.

EDIT; Bri, did I just mispell it or something? Regardless, thanks. xD

Holtfors, I'd be more then happy to give you one later: PM me and we can set up specifics.

Last edited by Wiggler: 10/22/2013 5:18:33 PM

Quote from Wiggler »

Quote from Kale12321 »

I'd add that in, but unless you want unwanted EVs on some of your pokemon, I'm not sure how many of us have the patience to get multiple power items lol. I know I don't. Good to know, however. :D

The "unwanted" evs would be your choice. It mainly a method mainly to use if you need 5-6 pokemon ev'd in one stat quickly. Say you are Eving an Alakazam/Latios/Reuniculas/Gengar/Delphox for example. All you need is one spread move and, maybe Heat Wave on Delphox, and boom. 5 pokemon ev'd in speed.

I would at least mention honey if you don't want an oddish. If not, that is fine. Just a suggestion [:

posting for future things

Just to clarify something about EV's I have confirmed that EV spread now is capped at 252.

I tested this on Super Training and normal EV training with wild pokemon. Once you reach 250 EV even if you Super Train instead of the 4EV you get 2 to make it to 252.Again I tested with horde EV training once I got to 250 I fought 1 more horde to see if I got to 255 and once I used a reset bag the stat corresponded to -252 in the ST diagram.

Feel free to test it but now you can just speed through EV training without having to worry about going over the cap.

Zero

3DS FC: 0447-5746-7112 - Zero

Hi :D I've never really been in the competitive scene so I thought I would just start with IV and EV training before I learn any movesets or items, so this seemed useful, and I was just wondering if you could give me one of those pokemon with pokerus you have to spare so I can get started, this was posted 7 hours ago so I assume you are asleep now, but whenever you get the chance it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :P
    Pokemon Y F.C: 4081 - 5778 - 2531

Quote from BanditZero »

Just to clarify something about EV's I have confirmed that EV spread now is capped at 252.

I tested this on Super Training and normal EV training with wild pokemon. Once you reach 250 EV even if you Super Train instead of the 4EV you get 2 to make it to 252.Again I tested with horde EV training once I got to 250 I fought 1 more horde to see if I got to 255 and once I used a reset bag the stat corresponded to -252 in the ST diagram.

Feel free to test it but now you can just speed through EV training without having to worry about going over the cap.

Zero

I've noticed this too and can confirm this.

Quote from Wiggler »

I personally felt like it fit best in competitive, but wherever you want it to be works.

EDIT; Bri, did I just mispell it or something? Regardless, thanks. xD

Holtfors, I'd be more then happy to give you one later: PM me and we can set up specifics.

You misspelled the Bellsprout one with an extra u, but the Vanillite was spelled correctly so idk why it didn't work properly. Let me try:

Vanillite

And everyone in this topic, let's remember that the topic is about the guide. There should be no talk of trading here because, as Wiggler also said, they can be asked through PMs. 

Edit: Hmm, it worked for me which is odd. O.o I just c+p'd the image for yours' but used the :big-Pokemon: on mine. 

Last edited by bridog77: 10/23/2013 12:25:43 AM

Black 2 FC: 2924 7290 8611

Looking for Pokémon? Click the Keldeo above and request some, they're free!

MMing for a shiny Swirlix: Egg #1,020

I was thinking how to do this with a pokemon that has no multimoves. I dont know If someone said this already but, would work If I use a full trained pokemon with a multimove, and I have expshare activated and the pokemon that I want to train in my party? Pokerus will activate of course and I will get double EVs, but will the item work too even If it is not on battle?

Yes, it should work. All Pokémon that gain EXP will gain EVs. I was just wondering if I EV train my Pokémon with a Power Item in a horde battle will it gain +4 just once or for every Pokémon in that horde battle?

For example, if I beat 5 geodudes, will I gain 9 EV's in Defence or 25?

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes