A WILD X & Y DEMO HAS APPEARED!

I was just thinking about this. With Nintendo's new approach to the eShop, the new games probably won't be JUST retail. Then I really got to thinking. What if we had a demo that like... let us play until the first battle with our rival, assuming there is a rival, and explore our home town. That way the Big N could really make some money because people will be able to try the games out first!

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

Would suck if you ran into a shiny. :3

Though I do think that a demo would be nice, I would prefer it to be free... otherwise I can wait.

Avy by Scrafty, Sig by Thundawave!  
    On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, Messy wrote:
    > "you can kill all the bluejays you want, but you must not kill a mockingbird"
    > close enough?

On 12/1/13, at 9:46 PM, bluejay100 wrote:
    > **** that line lol
    > blue jays are awesome birds
    ~My Drawings~ |~Trade Shop~ | <3

It'd be good if you could save the demo and transfer the pokemon over into your game when you it.

My Fan Art!| My Friend List! 

TSV: 2728 | Pm me for my Skype! | Creds to Sakura~

Quote from Lilchupz »

It'd be good if you could save the demo and transfer the pokemon over into your game when you it.

Aye!

Quote from ShinyUmbreon64 »

Quote from Lilchupz »

Aye!

Well I think the demo would be restricted to your Hometown and Route 1 most likely. So I don't think we'll have that many Pokemon to transfer over, but maybe we could just transfer the save file and pick up from where we left off.

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

yeah, or maybe for people who download and play the demo, when they get the game they unlock some cool stuff in the beginning. Maybe something like in the demo they already got their starter and stuff and so in the actual game, the professor is like, 'Oh I see, you already have your first pokemon!! Now that I think about it, I gave one to you a few days ago!" instead of, "this world is inhabited by creatures, blah blah blah".

I don't know. I doubt it'll happen though.

Quote from Lilchupz »

yeah, or maybe for people who download and play the demo, when they get the game they unlock some cool stuff in the beginning. Maybe something like in the demo they already got their starter and stuff and so in the actual game, the professor is like, 'Oh I see, you already have your first pokemon!! Now that I think about it, I gave one to you a few days ago!" instead of, "this world is inhabited by creatures, blah blah blah".

I don't know. I doubt it'll happen though.

EXACTLY!

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

Unfortunately you probably won't ever see anything like this from a big corporation such as Nintendo, especially from the Pokemon franchise. (I'd be surprised if it ever happened.) The reason they don't is so you have to buy it, and you can't say you don't want it after playing the demo. Increases their sales. =p

Quote from Applejack »

Unfortunately you probably won't ever see anything like this from a big corporation such as Nintendo, especially from the Pokemon franchise. (I'd be surprised if it ever happened.) The reason they don't is so you have to buy it, and you can't say you don't want it after playing the demo. Increases their sales. =p

Makes sense, and I agree.

If anything like this ever happens, Pokemon will hit the TV.

Last edited by Lilchupz: 1/21/2013 12:30:11 AM

Quote from Applejack »

I don't know if you own a 3ds or not, but Nintendo has actually gotten very generous with demos right here recently. Well at least their third party contributors have...

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

Nintendo wants you to give them money and rob you. They won't give you anything, lol.

Quote from 0Eliteshadow0 »

Nintendo wants you to give them money and rob you. They won't give you anything, lol.

I don't think Nintendo's like that at all. They're plenty of first party Nintendo titles that have demos on the eShop, and one for Fire Emblem is on it's way now.

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

Quote from theFroakster97 »

I don't think Nintendo's like that at all. They're plenty of first party Nintendo titles that have demos on the eShop, and one for Fire Emblem is on it's way now.

...Yeah they're definitely money robbers. Why else would you make so many sequels and remakes to games? And spin-offs and everything else. Why leave features out of original games just to put them in the sequel? Because they have a plan to take your money. Diamond and Pearl, good features added into Platinum when they probably had the ideas when making D/P.

...Yeah they're definitely money robbers. Why else would you make so many sequels and remakes to games? And spin-offs and everything else. Why leave features out of original games just to put them in the sequel? Because they have a plan to take your money. Diamond and Pearl, good features added into Platinum when they probably had the ideas when making D/P.

Yeah., I agree with this. Like seriously the pokemon typing adventure is an examples. they made two sequels for the pokemon black and white series, usually there's only one. 

THEY'RE A COMPANY! OF COURSE THEY WANT MONEY!!! But my point is, they're aren't SO greedy to not provide a demo. There has been MANY Nintendo demos. 

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

A demo is like the first 15 minutes of a game. Seriously...

AERO ~ ALPINE ~ MONROE

I don't know if pokemon is a game that really needs a demo. I mean the demo is just there to convince you to buy the game and I'm already conviced I will be buying this game. If they did do a demo I would like have a quick video showing off the 3d and a 3 on 3 battle with 6 gen 1-5 rental pokemon. That way I get a taste of how the new battles look.

Quote from Messuduppotatoasia »

Would suck if you ran into a shiny. Meow

Though I do think that a demo would be nice, I would prefer it to be free... otherwise I can wait.

OH, way to break my heart. I'd be so distraught... I'd beg Nintendo to let me turn that file into the full game.

Black 2 FC 4041-3847-0815

White FC 1722-2203-7055

Pokemon Y FC 1547-6387-4648

They should make the demo so you can't encounter shiny pokemon or really rare pokemon, should just be a short play through/intro to the game to make people want to buy it.

Yeah this would be great able to see how the game plays  feature new pokemon

Black 2 FC: 5115 4273 6792

White 2 FC: 2280 7708 5105

Games I am Playing Right Now: Pokémon Black 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes