Pokemon X and Y Version Differences

In every generation there was different Pokemon you could catch different Pokemon. In R/S they had different Evil Organizations. In Pokemon BW/BW2 There was different locations you could go to. What will be in Pokemon X and Y?

^me^
    3DS FC: 0834-1267-2076 (Colin)
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)

It could be towns looking different.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    We've seen so much over the generations that has changed, back in Generation 1 the only difference between games was appearance ratios. In Generation 2 they expanded and gave you the opportunity to catch a different Legendary in the course of the main story. Generation 3 gave us different Evil teams, and Generation 4simply went back to different legendaries. Generation 5 really took the step forward by changing the look of an entire city and giving a completely different special city for each version and B2W2 expanded on that, by allowing you to swap special cities.

Personally, I'm really hoping that they change things up entirely, by splitting the region in half and letting you explore the different sides of the region based on your version. (of course you would be allowed to visit the whole region post-game, but for the main story, it would be fantastic to have 2 completely different story lines, based upon which version you are playing. Imagine that X-players were traversing the eastern side of the region, which is forested brimming with cities and Pokémon, while Y-players traversed the Western side, where the area is more rural and arid with smaller towns instead of bustling cities.
    Last edited by Gerri: 1/31/2013 10:11:18 AM

Call me Gerri! Feel free to check out my LP channel.

Pokémon White Let's Play

It could be. It is a possibility. HOWEVER, in the trailer for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, the trailer was for BOTH games and they  had the Eiffel Tower, a Forest, and a few other locations. If there were going to be location differences, they would say that in the announcement. It also could be a possibility that we could travel to Unova and with X going to Black City while Y going to White Forest.

Last edited by Finnick: 5/18/2013 1:37:42 PM
    ^me^
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)

Quote from pokemonuser2013 »

It could be. It is a possibility. HOWEVER, in the trailer for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, the trailer was for BOTH games and they  had the Eiffel Tower, a Forest, and a few other locations. If there were going to be location differences, they would say that in the announcement. It also could be a possibility that we could travel to Unova and with X going to Black City while Y going to White Forest.

Maybe different regions..? Y can go to Hoenn and Sinnoh, while X can go to Johto and Kanto, and both can go to Unova.

Black 2 code:459972827520

Last edited by AwesomeZekrom65: 2/8/2013 6:29:43 PM

Quote from AwesomeZekrom65 »

Quote from pokemonuser2013 »

Maybe different regions..? Y can go to Hoenn and Sinnoh, while X can go to Johto and Kanto, and both can go to Unova.

Black 2 code:459972827520

I'd like that :D

Last edited by Finnick: 5/18/2013 1:38:35 PM
    ^me^
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)

I'm sorry to tell you guys, but Game Freak will probably never let you go to new regions. It would be a waste of money on their half. 

I'm liking the different sides of the region idea. I actually made a fake region (before X and Y were announced), and that's how it went. xD

I think it would be cool to have 10 gyms- two gyms in the begining for both games, and six gyms exclusive to the other game. 

Another thing that would be cool is if they made it so that the main storyline was different for each game- you have to stop the evil team who already has enough people that they can take over the region, so the only way to stop them is to get the legendary. The other game would have you having to race to get the legendary before they do. :D

Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!!!  

^
    CLICK PLEASE

I am [OFFLINE] [ONLINE]

I agree with Bubbacca, it wouldn't be smart to add different regions, especially the one plus two different regions. Plus, it would take forever to code all of that stuff. 

I'd like different cities again, but maybe not entirely two whole separate sides? Or, possibly, kind of that two unique gym thing, where we start on separate sides and a bit of interlap, maybe like four gyms the same for both? Could also be good marketing if people want both experiences, instead of just catching a separate legendary and a unique city or two.

You mean the money that they have? I do agree with ZLKChampion, that it would take forever, but Game Freak doesn't want to loose customers. People always liked the idea of different regions, because look at HG/SS. I think that was one of there best selling games and then when BW/BW2 came out, not a lot of people got it compared to the other games. If they added a different region, then I have a feeling that they would make a lot more money. And remember. It is coming out in October, which is 8 months away, and we don't know the actual date.

^me^
    Sig shop
    (◕ ‿º)
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes