Which starter are you choosing? What do you think of the new starters?

Poll: Starter

What will you choose?

Starter - Single Choice

• Fenniken 41.3%
  • Froakie 25.9%
  • Chespin 31.3%
  • Not buying the game 1.5%

This poll has ended as of 12/31/2013 11:30:00 PM

Quote from Zormon »

Do we even know for a fact that we'll be getting the Kanto starters near the start of the game? What I recall from the Nintedo Direct video was that we'd be getting one from the professor, they never say when or how soon. If you recall back from the original Yellow, you didn't get all the starters at the beginning. If you then recall in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you didn't get a Kanto starter until the end (if memory serves me right). I doubt they'll give you two starters at the start, unless I totally didn't hear something (and I hope that is the case because I want two)!.

You get the Kanto starter from Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City.  I'm guessing that Lumiose will be the third city/town/village of the game.

Last edited by KingdraKing: 9/5/2013 3:34:48 PM

Spr 3e 230.gif 

X/Y FC: 1950-8277-6872

Quote from Zormon »

Do we even know for a fact that we'll be getting the Kanto starters near the start of the game? What I recall from the Nintedo Direct video was that we'd be getting one from the professor, they never say when or how soon. If you recall back from the original Yellow, you didn't get all the starters at the beginning. If you then recall in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you didn't get a Kanto starter until the end (if memory serves me right). I doubt they'll give you two starters at the start, unless I totally didn't hear something (and I hope that is the case because I want two)!.

If we do have two near the start, I will choose either Fennekin/Squirtle or Froakie/Bulbasaur. I really don't like Chespin's looks that much and I love my water types (and usually grass) :D.

Well, we've been told that the first time you see the professor is in Lumiose city, and judging by the map, that doesn't seem very far. If I'm correct about where each town/city is, you'll only need one badge (Viola) before you get there.

Quote from Clauncher »

Quote from Zormon »

If we do have two near the start, I will choose either Fennekin/Squirtle or Froakie/Bulbasaur. I really don't like Chespin's looks that much and I love my water types (and usually grass) :D.

Well, we've been told that the first time you see the professor is in Lumiose city, and judging by the map, that doesn't seem very far. If I'm correct about where each town/city is, you'll only need one badge (Viola) before you get there.

Hmm, I didn't hear that it was the first time and the official site doesn't say the first time either. Can anybody point out where that is said? I'd be even more excited, if that's even possible at this point :P

3DS Friend Code: 2079 - 6820 - 2180

Friend Safari: Ground - Pokémon: Nincada, Trapinch, Diggersby

Help out the Marrilalnld Wiki, today! Every edit makes a difference and is always welcomed!

Quote from Zormon »

Quote from Clauncher »

Quote from Zormon »

Hmm, I didn't hear that it was the first time and the official site doesn't say the first time either. Can anybody point out where that is said? I'd be even more excited, if that's even possible at this point :P

It does not say that the Professor will give you the Kanto starters the first time you meet him, but it does say this at around 12:30, "So you will either get Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie, the Pokemon X&Y starters, plus Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle to take with you on your journey." The statement is very vague, but many people are assuming that it means he will give them to you early on. I think he will give them to early and he will probably say something like, "Here are these Pokemon, would you be able to train them and help me with my research on MegaEvolutions..." or something like that, but who knows, they may be an end game bonus.

Last edited by KAMii117: 9/8/2013 9:29:16 PM

I'll be choosing Fennekin as my main starter Pokemon, [spoiler]and when I am at that part of the game, I'll likely be choosing Squirtle as my "secondary" starter from Kanto.[/spoiler] Chespin and Froakie don't pique my interest, however, if they turn out to evolve into something amazing, maybe I'll take a second look at them. I'm interested in what Pokemon are available at the beginning of the game alongside the starters.

I'm not sure if i want to use 2 starters. I think it'll make the game too easy.. But if i do, it'll probably be fennekin + squirtle. (or bulbasaur snce i barely used bulbasaur in the past). I'm curious to see what chespin evolves into :D

@KAMii I like where you're going and I do hope you get the kanto starters early on but to support what you said i think that if he does give them to you as a way of saying hey help me with my MegaEvolution research then i can see him contacting you after you beat the gym leader who is supposed to be an expert with mega evolutions ... Korrina was her name i think.

As for my choices it was hard enough before the prospect of having two starters but now :/ ... i think i would either go with Froakie and Charmander or Chespin and Squirtle.  However i do also like mega Venusaur so there lies my dilemma...all i know is that i am not going with Fennekin :)

http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/togetic.gif   

About Me    FC: 5198 2416 3937

Froakie + Charmander for me ^_^

Pokemon Y (Name): Wade-Anthony

FC: 2165-5798-2517 (X/Y)

Friend Safari (Flying): Pidgey, Tropius and Swanna.

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-5th-generation/wifi-trading-5th-gen/giveaways-and-services-5th-gen/447592-the-best-of-zeos-freeaways-last-chance-to-make#c4

FC: 5201-3763-1678 (B/W)

I love all of them, but Froakie is my fave. (In this case, I'm not counting Bulbasaur as a starter, so much as "Boxed")

I'll be going for.. Chespin. Reason I choose Chespin is because... I love Grass and Dark types.

Pokemon

Quote from Mjestic »

I'll be going for.. Chespin. Reason I choose Chespin is because... I love Grass and Dark types.

Grass/Dark isn't confirmed... We don't know yet.

Fenniken and well i need help with this one i want sqirtle but i like bulbasaur a lot. I JUST DON'T KNOW?!?!?!?

I hope Chespin isn't Grass/Dark. 4x weak to bug? No thank you.

i have been always choosing fire starter since my first charmander on red and blue, but on these ones i like chespin and because the first flying type you get is also fire type (Fletchling), i will be starting with chepin, and if Sycamore gives you another starter from kanto i won´t be using it because i already got the three of them trained lv100 on black 2 and i like to only train new pokemon on the new generations, then i will play on both versions so in the other one i will have froakie and fennekin at the same time!! But the first one will be Chespin!!

I hate them all I,m just gonna get the game early and pretend Torchic is the fire starter.

Why do you hate the Kalos starters, Pants98?

Anyways, my current choice is Froakie/Bulbasaur. Goes well with Torchic, who is a fire type...

Vanilluxe will lead you to my GPXPlus page.

"A club can be used to hit an animal; steak can be attached to a baby to attract lions; rockets can be lobbed at a man".-The ESRB on Scribblenauts.

File:Spr 5b 584.png

They look weird. My strategy is to get Chespin Torchic and squirtle.

I am going to buy X and Y but I will choose the ones with the coolest evolution 

But for now I think it would be froakie/Charmander and fennekin/squirtle

Jan 6th last post BUT I AM BACK ;D

I am choosing Froakie and Charmander. I did not choose Charmander for Kanto, but the mega evolution looks $%#@ing cool.

Last edited by PokemonFriend2013: 9/18/2013 5:32:52 PM

Chespin and Charmander FTW! Although I doubt I'll use Charmander, seems like it would make the game to easy.

B2/W2 FC: 4127-5909-2461

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes