Pokemon Cries

Poll: X and Y Cries?

What do you think GameFreak should do with cries in pokemon X and Y?

X and Y Cries? - Single Choice

• Keep the Cries from the older games 6.2%
  • Brand New Cries which reflect a 3D game 25%
  • Use cries from the anime 31.2%
  • Alter existing cries slightly to fit the game 37.5%

So now that Pokemon is heading into 3D, what should be done about cries? Sure they could keep the original ones, but they would seem out of place. Anyone who has played Pokemon Colosseum and XD know what I'm taking about. I've heard many different ideas. Some say that now with a new, cell-shaded look, they should use the cries from the anime, meaning that they should now say their names when sent out. Another possibility, is that they create brand new cries that reflect the 3D nature of the game, like in the Stadium Games. Or, they could just alter the older, more pixely cries, to be more up-to-date with the game, as clearly the older games had strict Sound Limitations. So what do you guys think they should do with the cries, there are many different options available to GameFreak here. I've always liked the Pokemon cries, but I feel that in a 3D game, the current ones wouldn't quite fit, so I think that they should up the sound quality of the ones that need them.

I think there should be an option to either choose Original or New types of Cries.

But as a Pokemon GAME , the anime sounds seem to human-esque to me , but I'm pretty sure once they are in the game they wont affect me so much.

Those 8-Bit Cries seem really out of place in my HG/SS game (Not got Black/Black2 or White/White2)

Been Watching Marriland Sinse Diamond!

Click To Read My Fanfiction , PokeVentures!

I would really like it if they just used the anime-ish cries this time around. I don't really mind the cries from the Unova or Sinnoh pokemon, but sending out Pikachu and hearing an old, outdated, low quality cry that doesn't even sound like a Pikachu is just unfitting and awkward. And it'd be weird to only change the cries of the first couple generations, so I'd say either they redo every Pokemon's cry to be more fitting to a 3D game, or just use anime-ish cries.

No worries.

The fact that you can play D/P cries on a Game Boy makes ME want to cry. 

Quote from Shhmew »

I would really like it if they just used the anime-ish cries this time around. I don't really mind the cries from the Unova or Sinnoh pokemon, but sending out Pikachu and hearing an old, outdated, low quality cry that doesn't even sound like a Pikachu is just unfitting and awkward. And it'd be weird to only change the cries of the first couple generations, so I'd say either they redo every Pokemon's cry to be more fitting to a 3D game, or just use anime-ish cries.

I agree, the old cries sound awful compared to the D/P and B/W cries. The additional sound effects on the new cries such as bubbling for Jellicent or sizzling for Emboar make them sound more realistic. But I don't think they need to revamp all the cries, just those that are outdated.

Yeah, I think they should revamp them for gen 1+2. I don't want them to use their anime cries though. To me, that's like a cat running around saying "cat! Cat!"

National Dex Complete: 29/08/14

AMA|Sig|Art
    Masuda Method
    Chespin: 63 eggs [complete]
    Treecko: 4 eggs [complete]
    Eevee: 90 eggs [ongoing]

Quote from Pearl_Marble »

Yeah, I think they should revamp them for gen 1+2. I don't want them to use their anime cries though. To me, that's like a cat running around saying "cat! Cat!"

Yeah , I agree.

They should just redo the cries , sinse my Paras that sounds REALLY REALLY out of place in my HG/SS game is annoying.

In the anime , the cries sound to human-escue , saying Pip-Lup is just basically an animal speaking what they are.

Just imagine a Lion roaring , and they are roaring : "LI-ONNNN"

Been Watching Marriland Sinse Diamond!

Click To Read My Fanfiction , PokeVentures!

I agree with updating the gen 1 and 2 cries, I remember playing soul silver and it felt strange hearing the cries from a game released in 1996. It would be good to update or alter the cries. But hopefully they don't change them too much that it won't be recognizable. I wouldn't like the idea of anime cries, I mean it's weird having to hear a pokemon saying its name

NO PUPPET STRINGS CAN HOLD ME DOWNSO PATIENTLY I WATCH THIS TOWN

ABNORMAL SOON WILL BE THE NORMENJOY THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

i agree, i voted anime-cry, but in reflection, when the initial cuteness wore off it would just be strange...

formerly chchchcharizard  

extended signature yo

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes