X and Y Fossil Pokemon?

I couldn't find a thread about this so I decided to make my own.

Assuming they introduce new fossil Pokemon in X and Y what do you think they will be?

My first guess is a serpent like water type based on prehistoric aquatic predators.

As for the other one I would like to see a raptor maybe rock and dragon type? (Rampardos was close to this but a bit too slow and stompy for my liking).

Anyway what are your opinions or hopes for new fossil Pokemon if they do appear?

3ds FC - 1564-2597-2362

Friend Safari Pokemon - Slugma, Ponyta and Braxien

Since we already have fossils that are Rock/Water and Rock/Grass i would like to have a Rock/Fire fossil

And since u talked about Serpent, we should have a Rock/Poison type since there's no pokemon with that type combination

FC: 0404-6913-1801   LR / HHC / KC / PC / BC

Not another Rock/Water, anything but that will make me happy. Maybe a couple more dinosaur-like Fossils will be cool. (Still hoping for an Ankylosaurus! That would make an awesome Pokémon! And before anyone says Torterra is one, it's a tortoise.) Maybe some Ice-age creatures for Rock/Ice types.

Many thanks to Shhmew for the awesome avatar.

Finally hit 100 posts! I should really like, join a club or roleplay or something.

Thinking back on it I completely forgot how many water/rock types there are. I always liked poison types and seeing more love for our venomous friends would be amazing in the form of ancient Pokemon.

3ds FC - 1564-2597-2362

I am thinking of a T-Rex pokemon. (I know there is already a T-Rex pokemon called Tyranitar.)

I Am Now On IGN Forums

I always wanted a Triceratops pokemon, I'm not really sure why. Always been fond of that dinosaur, it be cool to see what kind of fossil pokemon they would come up with this generation. Too bad they're always rock type, I mean yes I know they are supposed to come from a ancient time but just saying.

Ghosts... figure less existences? Kukuh, There's nothing that can't be explained by science... I'm not scared..... I'm not scared...!

I would love to get a Rock/Dark and Rock/Ghost duo for the fossils.

Rock/Fire or Rock/Ice would also be interesting types.

Last edited by awakeavast: 5/3/2013 9:25:41 PM

aside from rampardos and aerodactyl there hasnt been many dinosaur like pokemon

It would be cool if there was a Ghost/Rock fossil pokemon.

I Am Now On IGN Forums

I like some of the suggestions here - a T-Rex Pokemon sounds very awesome.

Tyranitar is like a T-Rex, but it doesn't come from a fossil, so a new T-Rex Pokemon wouldn't just be a rehash fo Tyranitar.

"I want to have battles that can thrill me again. As the toughest Gym Leader in Sinnoh, I'm going to unleash everything in my arsenal on you."

Avatar and banner by Lizzie_Shiro | Extended Signature | Versatility

An ankleosaurus would be awesome. Throw in a brachiosaurus or an apatosaurus to partner it up (brontosaurus doesn't exist, it was a mistake, look it up if you don't believe me? I've just wanted an ankleosaurus Pokemon for ages though. it'd be awesome.

Extended Sig Here
    Due to the fact so many Blazikens are on the forums, call me something like my name, Michael.

So what have we had so far?:

Gen 1 - Rock/Water x2, plus Rock/Flying for Aerodactyl

Gen 2 - no new ones from this gen.

Gen 3 - Rock/Water and Rock/Grass

Gen 4 - Rock/Steel and Rock/Ground? (not entirely sure what Cranidos' typing was)

Gen 5 - Rock/Water and Rock/Flying

Rock/Fire and Rock/Ice would be interesting. Shame that we could probably never have a Rock/Electric - that would really overcome most of the Rock type's weaknesses.

FC for Pokemon X: 2380-3251-7081

Dark type Friend Safari: Pawniard, Sneasel, Inkay

Current shinies: Sandshrew, Fennekin, Gulpin, Stantler [via Wonder Trade]; Poliwhirl [via trade]; Relicanth (x2), Seadra, Alomomola (x2), Magikarp [all chain fishing]; Froakie, Litwick, Heracross [Masuda Method].

Have a look at my Trade Shop -> http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-6th-generation/wifi-trading-6th-gen/trade-shops-6th-gen/477846-the-black-market-breeding-shop-open-for-business

Rock/Electric Sabertooth tiger

My friends are my Pokemon

I like Spinda and I like peanut butter

Quote from AuburnEnigma »

Shame that we could probably never have a Rock/Electric - that would really overcome most of the Rock type's weaknesses.

Maybe they could make an Electric Guitar Pokémon. We have Ice Cream, Nuclear Waste and Trash, why not an Electric Guitar!

Many thanks to Shhmew for the awesome avatar.

Finally hit 100 posts! I should really like, join a club or roleplay or something.

Something like a Volcano pokemon (I know, Camerupt and HEatran exist) would be nice

^ Credit goes to Chespin1

About Me!

Quote from AuburnEnigma »

So what have we had so far?:

Gen 1 - Rock/Water x2, plus Rock/Flying for Aerodactyl

Gen 2 - no new ones from this gen.

Gen 3 - Rock/Water and Rock/Grass

Gen 4 - Rock/Steel and Rock/Ground? (not entirely sure what Cranidos' typing was)

Gen 5 - Rock/Water and Rock/Flying

Rock/Fire and Rock/Ice would be interesting. Shame that we could probably never have a Rock/Electric - that would really overcome most of the Rock type's weaknesses.

Armaldo was rock bug. Why do people keep saying rock/water?

Extended Sig Here
    Due to the fact so many Blazikens are on the forums, call me something like my name, Michael.

I believe this is because gen 3 had the most forgettable fossil Pokemon and not many people bothered using them once obtained.

3ds FC - 1564-2597-2362

Stegosaurus!!!!! :D

Image removed due to its file extension: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjQ6zjs39WrhQ75oBv8B7nNUyjvCvPzinHrDGJD0onxHjqL0qJGg
    Flareon!!!!

A Rock/Dragon following the trend, which I believe is BST 495 (Don't want another defeatist)

90 HP, 100 ATK, 75 DEF, 55 SPAtk, 75 SPDef, 100 SPE would be love at first sight for me. Mainly this is because I love the idea of Swords Dance/Rock Polish/Stone Edge/Outrage lol. A set with Dragon Dance/Stone Edge/Outrage/Drain Punch or Fire Punch would be even better. Sturdy would be an appropriate ability, allowing for a free focus sash and allowance of a different item.

I dunno about the other, maybe a Rock/Fire?

"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." - Grimsley, Unova Elite Four

Join my OU pokedraft tourney here!

Rock/Dragon and Rock/Fire both sound very interesting. I'm hoping we see both in Gen VI now. :D

"I want to have battles that can thrill me again. As the toughest Gym Leader in Sinnoh, I'm going to unleash everything in my arsenal on you."

Avatar and banner by Lizzie_Shiro | Extended Signature | Versatility
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes