Masuda Method in X and Y

Poll: Benefit or Destroy?

Will X and Y help or destroy Masuda's Method of Breeding

Benefit or Destroy? - Single Choice

• Benefit 40%
  • Destroy 60%

This poll has ended as of 10/12/2013 12:00:00 AM

So we have been shown that we will be able to pick languages in Pokemon x and y when first starting the game. so that would most likely mean there's one universal version of the game just with different language titles slapped on on the box. So, in Pokemon x and y, will the Masuda method for breeding shiny Pokemon still work??? how will it know its a German Pokemon breeding with an american Pokemon. you could've bought the game in america and chosen German as your language in the game. Does that make all the Pokemon in that particular game "German" Pokemon? That could make Masuda method breeding so much easier. Pokemon X and Y will either benefit or your the Masuda method for breeding shiny Pokemon...

Image removed due to its file extension: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk99nwDBqLfO2abCAvnaBM0_23XHePt7NYoqe-NqlxiABTnTnS7w

Topherson111

Just because you can pick the languages doesn't mean that GTS won't detect what area of the world you live in.

^ Credit goes to Chespin1

About Me!

Who knows, we might see some alteration or even removal of the Masuda method.

Just a minor detail, but it's not based on the GTS. For example, I'm living in Korea, but I have a North American DS/3DS so I can play games in my native language. If I connect to the GTS, even though I'm in Korea my Pokemon will be considered North American. So it'll probably work in this way, based on a region listed somewhere in the game code.

I think the one thing that has either been overlooked or forgotten here is that the 3DS and its games are region locked, so while we'll have the ability to change between languages, we'll still be playing a game that is locked to the region in which we purchased it. I'm guessing if you have your language set to Japanese for example, you'll see any non-nicknamed Pokemon in the GTS, in battle and in trades as Japanese, regardless of what the other player's language is set to, but the game will still be registered as, in my case, a European cartridge, and all Pokemon caught within would be classed as European Pokemon, and not Japanese.

I've not really worked much with the Masuda method, so I'm not really sure how it exactly works, but if the country of a Pokemon is one of the requirements, then its safe to say that the ability to choose a language won't make acquiring Pokemon of said language any easier.

I'll probably look it up sometime soon, though. I've been curious about how it works, but just haven't really had the time nor patience.
    RenegadeFox's "Road to Challenge Mode" Black 2 Nuzlocke! Now leaving Nimbasa for Driftveil! (Updated August 25th)

Quote from RenegadeFox »

I think the one thing that has either been overlooked or forgotten here is that the 3DS and its games are region locked, so while we'll have the ability to change between languages, we'll still be playing a game that is locked to the region in which we purchased it. I'm guessing if you have your language set to Japanese for example, you'll see any non-nicknamed Pokemon in the GTS, in battle and in trades as Japanese, regardless of what the other player's language is set to, but the game will still be registered as, in my case, a European cartridge, and all Pokemon caught within would be classed as European Pokemon, and not Japanese.

I've not really worked much with the Masuda method, so I'm not really sure how it exactly works, but if the country of a Pokemon is one of the requirements, then its safe to say that the ability to choose a language won't make acquiring Pokemon of said language any easier.

I'll probably look it up sometime soon, though. I've been curious about how it works, but just haven't really had the time nor patience.

That's kinda what I was saying, but yeah.

^ Credit goes to Chespin1

About Me!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes