This thread was Locked by Thundawave.

Increased shiny encounter rates for X & Y?

I found a shiny Oddish last night and this is after completing the game (After Elite 4). Only shiny I've ever found in all my time playing! 

since you get a poke radar at the end of the game I suppose it might me easier to encounter shinies again.

Last edited by b1ackhatter: 10/15/2013 7:39:55 AM

3Ds FC: 0834-1691-8669

Quote from b1ackhatter »

since you get a poke radar at the end of the game I suppose it might me easier to encounter shinies again.

I'm also interested into seeing what they've redone with the Shiny Radar ^.^
    I won't personally use it but! It's still exciting to see what they've done with the thing!
    I've heard A LOT of people say that they've gotten quite a few shiny Pokemon, I do wonder if they've adjusted the encounter rate, or its just because there are a lot of people who have the game, and it's just a mass encounter ^.^

|The Poké Club|Johto PokéFarm Branch|Legendary Realm|
    |My Friend List|Ask Me Anything|All About Me|

Normal Friend Safari
    ♦ Kecleon ♦ Aipom  ♦ Eevee 

Haven't seen any yet... but will keep an eye out for one. Was hoping for a shiny eevee or riolu but no :(

It might have something to do with tipping...
    I've tipped everyone I've encountered and have had abnormally high horde encounter rates. My first shiny was obtained with a horde as well, in front of the battle maison. A modest shiny psyduck at that. :p
    Last edited by aeonsmusings: 10/15/2013 12:46:47 PM
    White 2 code: 4685 9833 7307
    Y code: 2277-7014-9734
    TSV: 3498
    Bug type//version exclusive pinsir, masquerain, and ledbya.

I'm a chick, by the way...

before the first gym, MAYBE 10 minutes of gameplay, I found a shiny pansear. lol. I'm a little torn because there is the torchic event as well going on. 

My first shiny was a starter cyndaquil in the remakes of Gold and Silver. 

I just found and caught a shiny Ledyba looking for a good nature'd Ralts :D

My Pokemon Y team - Casual Trainer

Gible and Honedge have yet to evolve

Never found a shiny in all the years of playing pokemon, I'm at Victory Road now, nothing. I'm sad. I want a shiny.

Black 2 FC: 0605-6323-4376

i actually found a shiny furfrou before my first gym. it was pretty cool

Friend Code: 2234-7918-9026

I've actually been thinking this as I encountered a shiny Yanma the other day. Although I was trying for an egg shiny Electrike and after hatching five eggs and soft resetting, it never changed the genders or natures of the once hatched after the soft reset. Did they change that as well?

Quote from EeveeLover404 »

I've actually been thinking this as I encountered a shiny Yanma the other day. Although I was trying for an egg shiny Electrike and after hatching five eggs and soft resetting, it never changed the genders or natures of the once hatched after the soft reset. Did they change that as well?

If you're talking about soft resetting after you got the eggs than yes, they're set from the moment you get them ^.^
    I think it's been that way since Generation 4 maybe?

Normal Friend Safari

Hey dudes, I just found a shiny Quagsire while casually looking for a Goomy.

I love her :D I could even use her on my team if I wanted... dunno though.

But yes, I definitely think the shiny odds have been increased.

No worries.

I'm wondering if the rate of getting a shiny off masuda method because i know the rate increased from between 4th gen to 5th gen and I ended up getting a Japanese ditto off of wonder trade so I'm ready to start hatching shinnies 

-TheAceTrainer-

"... Yeah, A Heart Made Fullmetal." ~Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Image removed due to its file extension: http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

I've yet to see any shinies, and I've already beaten the Elite Four/ League Champ...

Luck to all that have caught em tho!

I would think the rate is increased due to horde battles, but I have yet to find one and I've got 7 badges already. And most of my team is in the high 50's and low-mid 60's

You guys are so lucky, I've only ever seen 2 wild shinies (besides Gyarados) and was only able to catch one (Noctowl) and the other fled in the safari zone (Kangaskhan, my favorite). I just defeated the champion and still not one shiny encounter and I've always been bad with the Poké Radar and it being in 3D just makes it even harder in my opinion :(.

Congrats to all of those who found shinies though!

3DS Friend Code: 2079 - 6820 - 2180

Friend Safari: Ground - Pokémon: Nincada, Trapinch, Diggersby

Help out the Marrilalnld Wiki, today! Every edit makes a difference and is always welcomed!

I just found a shiny Inkay yesterday while looking for an Adamant Bagon. It's Modest though, which is pretty bad for an Inkay (Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to evolve it).

3DS FC: 0173-2050-1390 - FS: Steel with Magneton, Excadrill and Klang.

Quote from Ech0location »

I just found a shiny Inkay yesterday while looking for an Adamant Bagon. It's Modest though, which is pretty bad for an Inkay (Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to evolve it).

To evolve an Inkay it's pretty weird ^.^
    You have to turn you're 3DS upside down at Level 32 I think? xD

Normal Friend Safari

Quote from Vemeus »

Quote from Ech0location »

To evolve an Inkay it's pretty weird ^.^
    You have to turn you're 3DS upside down at Level 32 I think? xD

Yep, you have to hold it upside down and press the A button repeatedly. 

Haven't found a shiny yet, but I'm only on the 3rd Gym so I might see one later on in the game.

IGN: Amy

Gone through 50 Drilbur eggs, and still don't have the 5 IV Adamant flawless that I wanted (using 5 IV Drilbur plus 6 IV Ditto): WHY ARCEUS WHY?

My Trade Shop

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes