The Clothing Shops?

So guys, I just wanted to ask everyone about their opinion on the clothing shops. I think they're great! We can now customize our character to an extent and make them more like we want them to. Also, I'd like to ask, can people please post where they have found clothing shops, because I think that these places are not in every town/city you go to, and I really want to know where all the places are to go so I can find the best clothes to wear. Thanks everyone :) 

3DS/Pokemon X/Y FC: 2750 - 1139 - 2994

I've only really found 3 so far and i forget the town names but they are the town with the first gym, the town you go to right after the second gym, and lumiose city or something like that spelling

3DS Friend Code: 4270 - 1198 - 7585
    In Game Name: Ritchie
    Friend Safari: Spritzee, Dedenne, Floette
    Gen 6 Shiny Pokemon: Clawitzer, Noivern, Aegislash, Meowstic(F), Skuntank, Nidoking, Drapion

I've only found two so far. One was in the town with the first gym and the other was in Lumiose City, but the shopkeeper in Lumiose shunned me at the door for not being fashionable enough. Not sure if that's part of the story or if she just really hates the change of clothes the my mom packed :P

3DS FC: 3282-2720-3990 

Feel free to add me for Friend Safari. 

does anyone know how to get into the lumiose store?

Gen 6 Shiny Pokemon: Clawitzer, Noivern, Aegislash, Meowstic(F), Skuntank, Nidoking, Drapion

In a cafe next to the Lumiose Clothing store a woamn tells you where all the clothing shops are in the Kalos region.

Santalune City: "This specialty shop carries many different hats! I'm sure you'll be able to find one you like there!"

Lumiose City: "If you're aiming for elegance, this is the place for you! They have clothes with designs that just radiate classiness, such as trench coats, hats, blouses with ties, and shirts. This is the lineup for you if you're looking to take your fashion to the next level."

Cyllage City: "If you're making a wardrobe of sporty items, this is the place for you! They really have a great selection of vividly colored clothes. Go check it out if you want to *** a twist to your outfits."

Laverre City: "If you're looking to set yourself apart from your friends with clothes that have slightly different designs and lines, this is the place for you. There's a smock top distinguished by a big ribbon, tops with touches made to the collars and sleeves, and more. There are many fine items to enjoy!"

Anistar City: "If you have to have it all and be both pretty and cute, this is the place for you! They have ruffled camisoles, skirts, sparkly dresses, and colorful shorts. This boutique's selling point is its rich lineup of clothes."

Snowbelle City: "If you're looking for clothes that bring out the charms of a grown woman, this is the place. They have tops with scarves, dresses with the always-fashionable color black in them, sleeveless turtlenecks, and so much more. The refined colors and design have a subtle elegance."

As for getting in to the Lumiose clothing shop, I've heard you have to color cordinate or have the same pattern of clothes in order to be declared "fashionable". The prices are outrageous but supposedly an old lady offers you a discount, as to how to obtain that discount, I have no idea.

I just finished shopping from the lumiose, i finished beating team flare and i guess i was fashionable looking as i did it because they welcomed me in so im not sure if you just have to get that far in the game to unlock the store or as Puff said looking fashionable, but yeah USE THE AMULET COIN the whole game if you want to shop here, i saved up over 400,000 poke all game and now i have less than like 30,000 left after buying a quite fashionable outfit, that was worth it to me.

To get into the Lumiose store you just need to go around doing stuff in the city. I'm only halway through the game and I got in by going to the muesum and doing the triple battle restaurant.

FC: 0490 5763 3421 Please don't just randomly add me.

IGN: Roshka

I only deal in legit uncloned pokemon

I've got 5IV egg move pokemon here

Getting in has nothing to do with your clothes - there are two ladies gossiping on one of the streets who tell you that it's to do with knowing everything about Lumiose City. That means doing basically everything you can. I was able to get in with:

- 5 Badges
    - Beating the 1 star and 2 star restaurants
    - Shooting a Trainer Video and getting the Lens Case
    - Visiting the Museum
    - Doing Part-Time work at the Hotel
    - Visiting every store and Pokémon Centre
    - Visiting EVERY Café
    - Visiting pretty much every other building as well.

Credit to the amazing Rydia.

It has 0 to do with your clothes. 

"For those stuck with the Lost Hotel or the Boutique Couture, you can get into both by finishing small events in Luminos City.

For the Lost Hotel you need to go to Cafe Rouleau and talk to all the patrons. Once you are done, there are two other roller skaters in Luminos you have to find and talk to. Once you have talked to them all you will be allowed into the back of the Lost Hotel, where you learn the last technique of skating. TM95 Snarl and a Twisted Spoon are in the back area of the Lost Hotel as well.

For the Boutique Couture, you need to complete and win a full Restaurant battle scenario (Restaurant Le Wow is an example). Once you have finished that, you will be "stylish" enough to enter and they won't bother you about it any more. Some other users have noted that it isn't just battles. Getting a haircut, PR videos, drinking at the juice bar, visiting the museum may also open the Boutique up to you."

Stolen off reddit. I went to the juice bar and it opened up for me after trying literally everything else. 

Last edited by EquusMule: 10/14/2013 5:45:11 AM

All I did was have clothes in which nothing was the same as the original clothes i was wearing and I went to a couple of cafes along with battling at the one star restaurant. Nothing else. :/

Psychic types are my favorite! Gardevoir <3

I got in by exploring everything and matching my cloths. 

Look in every building is all you have to do and Match.

Don't go in there... You will have a heart attack. 

Money is nothing to be played with in this store.

Quote from xRawritsJordanx »

So guys, I just wanted to ask everyone about their opinion on the clothing shops. I think they're great! We can now customize our character to an extent and make them more like we want them to. Also, I'd like to ask, can people please post where they have found clothing shops, because I think that these places are not in every town/city you go to, and I really want to know where all the places are to go so I can find the best clothes to wear. Thanks everyone :) 

Quote from PuffTheMagicDragonite »

In a cafe next to the Lumiose Clothing store a woamn tells you where all the clothing shops are in the Kalos region.

Santalune City: "This specialty shop carries many different hats! I'm sure you'll be able to find one you like there!"

Lumiose City: "If you're aiming for elegance, this is the place for you! They have clothes with designs that just radiate classiness, such as trench coats, hats, blouses with ties, and shirts. This is the lineup for you if you're looking to take your fashion to the next level."

Cyllage City: "If you're making a wardrobe of sporty items, this is the place for you! They really have a great selection of vividly colored clothes. Go check it out if you want to *** a twist to your outfits."

Laverre City: "If you're looking to set yourself apart from your friends with clothes that have slightly different designs and lines, this is the place for you. There's a smock top distinguished by a big ribbon, tops with touches made to the collars and sleeves, and more. There are many fine items to enjoy!"

Anistar City: "If you have to have it all and be both pretty and cute, this is the place for you! They have ruffled camisoles, skirts, sparkly dresses, and colorful shorts. This boutique's selling point is its rich lineup of clothes."

Snowbelle City: "If you're looking for clothes that bring out the charms of a grown woman, this is the place. They have tops with scarves, dresses with the always-fashionable color black in them, sleeveless turtlenecks, and so much more. The refined colors and design have a subtle elegance."

As for getting in to the Lumiose clothing shop, I've heard you have to color cordinate or have the same pattern of clothes in order to be declared "fashionable". The prices are outrageous but supposedly an old lady offers you a discount, as to how to obtain that discount, I have no idea.

Just an FYI I couldn't get into the Lumiose City Boutique until I went to Anistar and bought/wore their clothing. I heard some people say to get a Furfrou and get it's hair cut to look "stylish" enough to get into the boutique but that doesn't work (in case you'd rather save that money for now) but the clothing in Lumoise was about 100k+ except socks and the shoes I think were 60-80k so it's definitely expensive to shop there.

Quote from Hamel
    Quote from TwilightSparkle

Getting in has nothing to do with your clothes - there are two ladies gossiping on one of the streets who tell you that it's to do with knowing everything about Lumiose City. That means doing basically everything you can. I was able to get in with: - 5 Badges - Beating the 1 star and 2 star restaurants - Shooting a Trainer Video and getting the Lens Case - Visiting the Museum - Doing Part-Time work at the Hotel - Visiting every store and Pokémon Centre - Visiting EVERY Café - Visiting pretty much every other building as well.

I was able to get in and did not shoot a trainer video, I have no idea what the lens case is. I didn't battle in any of the cafe's either, nor have I visited any cafe other than the one for the story progression. I also have not visited every building so this isn't a valid resource. What I did find is that you need to be in a completely different outfit that matches in some way, however you cannot have anything on that you started with during your journey (even the sunglasses have to go). So yes, it does come down to what you are wearing, not necessarily what you have done or battled.

Who said it was intended to be an objective resource? I was listing what I did that got me in, checking after doing every thing. I don't know the exact conditions, but I know that clothes don't have anything to do with it. The game TELLS you that it's to do with knowing everything about Lumiose. After arriving in Lumiose from Route 13 I went straight to the store and wasn't allowed in. Then I did all of the above, checking in after doing each and every thing. Eventually, I was allowed in. I didn't change my clothes at all between that, and they certainly didn't match. Guess what? I even had the starting sunglasses still on, so that's certainly false.

You likely don't have to do all of it, but you certainly have to do some of it. Which you do have to do I cannot say.

Edit: http://www.serebii.net/xy/customisation.shtml

Serebii even says that it is to do with activities and not clothes.
    Last edited by TwilightSparkle: 10/16/2013 3:38:51 PM

Does anyone know about the Panda hat, or how to inspire the girl at the top of the town you unlock once you beat the elite 4?

Quote from Hamel »

Quote from TwilightSparkle »

Getting in has nothing to do with your clothes - there are two ladies gossiping on one of the streets who tell you that it's to do with knowing everything about Lumiose City. That means doing basically everything you can. I was able to get in with:

- 5 Badges
    - Beating the 1 star and 2 star restaurants
    - Shooting a Trainer Video and getting the Lens Case
    - Visiting the Museum
    - Doing Part-Time work at the Hotel
    - Visiting every store and Pokémon Centre
    - Visiting EVERY Café
    - Visiting pretty much every other building as well.

I was able to get in and did not shoot a trainer video, I have no idea what the lens case is. I didn't battle in any of the cafe's either, nor have I visited any cafe other than the one for the story progression. I also have not visited every building so this isn't a valid resource. 

What I did find is that you need to be in a completely different outfit that matches in some way, however you cannot have anything on that you started with during your journey (even the sunglasses have to go). So yes, it does come down to what you are wearing, not necessarily what you have done or battled. 

This is not true. I can attest that I have gotten into the clothing store after doing literally everything in the city: fighting all the trainers in the alleys, shooting the video, fighting in the 1 and 2 star restaurants, talking to everyone in every cafe, visiting the berry shop, pokeball shop, museum, etc etc. I was told "you are not fashionable enough" before I did everything in the city, and I was wearing the exact same outfit when I was told "You're really fashionable!"

I can confirm that beating the gym does not get you in, because I still couldn't get in after the gym. Idk what exactly you have to do to get in, but just do everything in the city. 

TL;DR: It has nothing to do with clothes. I know from experience. 

Quote from sukizo
    Does anyone know about the Panda hat, or how to inspire the girl at the top of the town you unlock once you beat the elite 4?

Dangit I just got that hat the other day after beating the Elite Four. I am pretty sure you are suppose to be wearing the same outfit that she describes or something along those lines because she is looking to paint a picture. And if you're wearing the correct clothes she will give you the hat. That's just how it was for me. I don't know about anyone else lol. I think I was wearing

-Blue/Black Knit Cap
    -Red/Black Splatter shirt
    -Black pants
    -Blue shoes

Pokemon X FC: 3883-5810-6512

This thread is a super long complicated way to do things! Its so easy..

To get into the Lumiose Boutique all you need to do is talk to the know it all girl in the press centre after beating Team Flare at the power plant and the gym. 

I got in a cab as soon as I completed those, went to the press centre, spoke to everyone, one girl knows everything and you can ask about the boutique, as soon as I had done that I was let in. No cafes,  no haircuts, all original clothes&accessories, no hotels, no frufou grooming, no museums nothing. 

Simple really.

Please keep in mind this thread is almost a week old. What I and others posted was simply based on our experiences when the game was newer. Now, a week on, a lot more is known about the game. In fact, you're only half right. Talking to Alexa in the Press Centre is extremely helpful for getting into the Boutique, but you don't HAVE to do it.

http://serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

That has all the information.

Ive found ones in santalune city, and cyllage city

only thing you need to do to get in lumiose boutique is make a PR movie and your good enough for them to let you in

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes