New feature: Berry cross-breeding

So off of route 6 there's a a farm where you can grow as many berries as you want. So I casually threw some berries in the dirt and continued on the with the game. I returned every now and again to weed the trees and kill those pesky bugs that wanted to eat my berries and upon the growth of the fruit I discovered that a pecha berry planted next to an oran berry will both produce one qualot berry each. Then some woman came in and stared talking about mutations of berries and whatever.

Anyway, GF has added berry cross-breeding to the game so post the combinations of what berries equal what so far I've only found pecha + oran = qualot. But I've planted a bunch more to see what else there might be.

FC: 0490 5763 3421 Please don't just randomly add me.

IGN: Roshka

I only deal in legit uncloned pokemon

I've got 5IV egg move pokemon here

"Don't do drugs, cause an owl might rip your face off."

good info, I'm personally not berry growing until after I beat the game and have fly, but this is very useful to know since some berries are hard to come across.

I have a hypothesis, maybe berries are like colors. There are primary, secondary and tertiary berry groups perhaps? Mixing primary berries like oran pecha chesto cheri and whatever other main ones there are give you secondary berries and mixing from there makes tertiary berries perhaps?

Don't PM me for friend code requests

This can help competitively. Salac Berries FTW!

I'm a Garchomp. Are you? Sprite credit to Vee2. Banner to SlipperyBuizel Extended Signature

This gets me pumped, breeding is one thing I've always liked about Pokemon, and this is just another step forward! This will also me monstrously helpful for EV training, so I don't have to breed a new Poke every time I accidentally kill a Geodude with my Blaziken, seeing as Qualot berries and it's brethren were so much rarer in the last generation.

Black 2 Friend-code- 0348 1061 7948

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X mainly)- 4141-2787-5429 

They were non-existent in the last gen without visiting that one guy EVERY DAY. Breeding was a fun thing that I got into last gen and now I've got this to play with. I'll make a list once more of my trees come in.

Does anyone know what berries to mix in order to get mutations? I have Qualot, Pomeg (Mago + Iapapa), and Hondew (Aspear + Leppa). Andsugges tions would be awesome. 

3DS FC: 4038-6616-2987, feel free to add me for Friend Safari (I still don't know what I have 3/3), trading, or whatever! I don't play White 2/Black as much as Y, but I am most of the way through White 2, and not too far in Black.

White 2 FC: 0605-7557-7718

Black FC: 5287-3105-7006

Currently have Pokérus, and will gladly trade!! Also, playing version Y and am always looking for Poké's only in X.

Quote from ihirst »

Does anyone know what berries to mix in order to get mutations? I have Qualot, Pomeg (Mago + Iapapa), and Hondew (Aspear + Leppa). Andsugges tions would be awesome. 

After spending weeks visiting that evil plantation I've been given literally nothing. Even things that others have confirmed worked have not worked for me. So I don't know know what to tell you. Good luck finding your answers.

You must be unlucky then. I tried one mutation on all 6 rows, and I got at least 1 mutation on each of them. Just do a row like this: Oran, Pecha, Oran, Pecha, Oran, Pecha.

Quote from BremkeW »

You must be unlucky then. I tried one mutation on all 6 rows, and I got at least 1 mutation on each of them. Just do a row like this: Oran, Pecha, Oran, Pecha, Oran, Pecha.

That's exactly what I did. Checked back often as I was post game so I kept them watered and illumise/volbeat free, and it still didn't yield anything. I'm well aware of my horrible luck sadly.

Make some surprise mulch and use them before planting. Guaranteed mutation.

Kee are very rare, since each harvest without growth mulch, you get 2(1 profit) berry from each plot you planted.

Weirdly, the tree image shows there's 3 berries, and you chop down the tree to harvest '2' berries.

Yipiyayo 2122 - 6682 - 9205

Playing pkmn Y

Rock Type Safari (Egg warmer)  ,Boldore and Barbaracle

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes