Vivillion Forms

So looks like Vivillion comes in different forms.  According to the Pokedex, the one Viola has is Meadow.  I just evolved one and mine is Polar.  Not sure if this is due to gender or time of day it evolved or what.  I read that this is due to country/region settings on your DS.

I'm living in Canada and I have Polar.  Just wondering which countries get the other forms.

The crazy world of Ashuriri
    White 2: 3354 1865 2412

North Carolina, USA and I got the Modern Form 3 times so far.

Paws and Claws Tribe
    (Alien Eevee is looking at me funny.)
    Lucky Star Club

Quote from TimelessDragon »

North Carolina, USA and I got the Modern Form 3 times so far.

same place, same forme

All countries have different forms... or at least most of them.

I don't know were all of the forms are found but here are the ones I do know:

• The Meadow form is Japan. 
    • The polar is from Canada. 
    • The garden (im not sure) I think is found in both Poland and Germany. 
    • Savana form Is found in brazil. Elegant is (Not sure either) found in France and UK. 
    • Moddern is for USA and surrounding islands (I have this one).
    • Sun form is found in mexico.
    • And I was told the ice snow is found in Greenland and Island (but still not for sure).
    • Also the Sandstorm form (I was told) is found in Norway and Sweden.

I only know these from my art connections on DeviantART. I'm not sure were all the other forms are found, but i can update this post if people comment and tell me.

Here are all the forms here:

Last edited by Assassannerr: 10/22/2013 7:54:51 PM

Hoping to get lucky and get that Icy Snow form, gonna have to trade scatterbugs for scatterbugs. 

NO PUPPET STRINGS CAN HOLD ME DOWNSO PATIENTLY I WATCH THIS TOWN

ABNORMAL SOON WILL BE THE NORMENJOY THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

I am not entirely sure if this will work. I read on Serebii that what matters is where Vivillion evolves, not where it is from. Although that may be incorrect. Only time will tell.

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

yes,. its where it evolves

FC 3582 9495 7093
    PKMN X Current Team
    Greninja / Kangaskhan / Raichu / Staraptor / Slugma (Ability) / EGG >.<

Currently Breeding: Larvesta F Modest Perfect IV HP/ATK/Sp. DEF - Larvesta M Modest Perfect ATK, Sp. DEF/ SPD

Looking for a Safari Friend with Kangaskhans :D

Where it's from is more exact, if I get a scatterbug from say Japan, then it'll evolve into it's Meadow form. Other countries will vary as well.

This is odd. I have the Polar form, yet I live in USA.

Meow~

^ I've heard some countries get more than one form, idk why. Maybe because of the locations here in the US are different too.  

I am quite sure if you live in Nevada you get the Sandstorm form. I honestly think they went by climate and geographical description.

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Well, To get a certain form, you need to get a spewpa from a specific area. It matters not "were" it evolves. What matters is the country connected to the OT.

The US is kinda weird when it comes to these forms. Supposedly we have differnet forms for all of our States. Not a specific special one for states, but certain states have different ones.

Such as I guess the contenental I guess can be found in Kansas and Oklahoma. 

Quote from Blastoise »

I am quite sure if you live in Nevada you get the Sandstorm form. I honestly think they went by climate and geographical description.

That makes sense. I live in New England and got the polar form.

FC: 0490 5763 3421 Please don't just randomly add me.

IGN: Roshka

I only deal in legit uncloned pokemon

I've got 5IV egg move pokemon here

"Don't do drugs, cause an owl might rip your face off."

Quote from Assassannerr
    Well, To get a certain form, you need to get a spewpa from a specific area. It matters not "were" it evolves. What matters is the country connected to the OT.

I can confirm this. My Vivillon pattern is High Plains; I live in California. However I randomly got a Scatterbug in wonder trade; I decided to evolve it to see what happens, and I got a Polar pattern one. Sooo much prettier than High Plains xD Incidentally, my favorite one is Sun, and it'd be super cool to get that one in Wonder Trade some day :D I hear that one comes from Mexico.

No worries.
    ~ ☀PCT☀ϟMarri Kart Racersϟ✰LSC✰ ~

Mine is Garden and I live in Northern Ireland. It evolved on Route 22.

Fluttershy lover | Mawile fanboy | Team Hoenn 4 EVA!!!

Quote from Hamel »

So then, if you breed the ones that you get (different forms) will they turn out as their parent? Say you have a Sun one (got one in GTS) and breed it with a ditto? I've not tried this yet but if anyone else has and can confirm or deny this that would be great.

I tried doing this with two Polar forms. My native form is River (Sydney, Australia)
    It doesn't work unfortunately, it doesn't matter if the parents aren't the native form, wherever the scatterbug is hatched and born will determine what form it will evolve into. Every egg I received from my two Polar forms all evolved into River form.

Here's a not very good picture of where Vivillon forms are located, sorry it was the only one I could find.

ATTACHMENTS
    • 350x700px-LL-87dd2dd4_tumblr_mumimln0Dc1rehgtoo1_1280
    Notes: Merged double post
    Last edited by PrincessLuna: 10/23/2013 11:29:48 AM
    @Johnceratops Remember that double posting is against the rules of the forums. I have merged your double post. Remember that if no one has posted after you, then you can use the edit button to add to your post.

Any further accounts of double/multi-posting will result in an official warning.
    Last edited by PrincessLuna: 10/23/2013 11:32:18 AM
    Aipom Audino Eevee
    Currently Breeding : Furfrou (112 Eggs)
    The Southern Island|Paws and Claws Tribe|Nuzlocke|Weekly Poll

Can you change your location in the 3DS settings to get different forms?
    Black FC:
    1034-3333-3352 Ackis
    Black 2 FC:
    0261-8120-3913 Ackis
    Y FC:
    1032-1554-8694 Ackis

Pokemon Safari: Ice-type - Spheal, Bermite, Lapras

Quote from Ackis »

I don`t think so, I`m not sure. Anyways, I will confirm that in New Jersey, you get the Polar Form.

Last edited by lala0629: 10/23/2013 8:14:32 PM

Meow~

Quote from Ackis »

The only way for that to work and change what Vivillon form you get is for you to start a new game after you've changed location settings. Whatever  location settings you first started your save file with, determines your Vivillon form for the rest of the duration of that save file.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes