This thread was Locked by Whiteace.

Why do people hate Delphox?

always chose fire starters because they look fearsome but not this time cos too feminine

Last edited by GodLucifer: 10/25/2013 9:01:51 AM

Pokemon Y FC: 2423-3133-4667

Friend Safari (Ice): Spheal, Sneasel, Cloyster

I've always started with the water-type no matter what, thou I did pick charmander for the second choice of starters in Y.

Last edited by SuitonUser: 10/26/2013 3:26:13 PM

3DS FC:0576-3607-6086

Fire type.  Pansear,  larvesta, and Braixen.

I love Delphox but I just had to get it female so I had to soft reset for 1 hour.

3DS Friend Code: 0447 - 6250 - 2476 (Not Adding People ATM)

Pokemon X IGN: Trixie

Friend Safari (Fire): Larvester larvesta_icon, Ponyta ponyta_icon& Ninetails ninetales_icon

Shinies: Chansey, Sliggoo, Eevee! (Chansey And Sliggo For Trade)

Quote from DaddyDye30 »

As a lifelong fan of fire starters, Charizard being my obvious favorite, I was really disappointed with the fire starter line for G6. I can honestly say that this is the first time (generation) I have not chosen the fire pokemon as my starter. 

This!

X/Y friend code: 1461 7590 7551  Y Trainer: Daniel

Water Safari: Wartortle, Panpour and Poliwhirl

In search of: Hidden Ability Spiritomb, Treecko, Growlithe,

East Sea Shellos with Earth Power and Storm Drain

Ive always chosen The fire starters in whicheva generation. Love Fennekin n Torchic. I rekon they both r the best one to pick.
    I didnt train Fennekin muj eva since i receivd an exp.share. I was concerntrating on leveling up others and bcz of this new change to the exp.share. I dont have to do anything to Fennekin it will just keep on gaining exp and level up. Very quickly it reaches to L.V40~~ Now my Delphox is at L.V 54

I love my Delphox. Fire/Psychic is such an amazing combo. I love that it has a spellcaster vibe to it. I taught it thief so I can cover other psychic types. 

On the feminine look to it I can see it but it doesn't bother me. Remember Gradivoir is also base on a magical knight and can be both male and female. 

i like the fennekin evolution line up i think it is cool to finally have fire/psychic starter even though it poses like girl when you have a boy braxin.

The gender thing never bother me. Here's something for an example. A female Mr.Mime for example is a lot weirder.

Current Challenges: ScraggyBlack ScrambleAudino StunkyY Dark MonotypeMurkrow

(Banner made by Dr_MapleApple)

I don't get why everyone sees Delphox as feminine. Is it because people don't know what a wizard's robe looks like or is it because of Braixen or....?

I'm using Delphox (male) and it's definitely grown on me. I kind of wanted it to stay a Braixen at first.

A male Sylveon is really something, though :P Mine is male.

Quote from Blastoise »

Quote from kirbymariomega »

I absolutely love Delphox and would take it over any of the other fire-type starters any day.

Over Blaziken, or Charizard? I would have to be institutionalized after a bad decision like that. 

I would totally take it over them. 

People wanted a Fire-starter that isn't-

• mauled by Stealth Rock or Rocks in general
    • pure Fire-type
    • and isn't a Fire/Fighting-type.

What exactly is so bad about Delphox? Mystical Fire is a great move and I see nothing but good for it in the metagame, it seems to be a pretty nice special sweeper, and it's design is awesome.

Were people honestly expecting Fennekin to lose the ear flame hair anyway? Like, really? Heck, people wouldn't complain about that in the fanart, but now that it's a canon Pokémon, they're all like "BOO EAR HAIR FENNEKIN WORST STARTER EVER CHARIZARD ROOLZ GENS 2-6 SUX." 

Besides, though Blaziken is somewhat cool, I cannot stand Charizard at all. Again, rocks. Delphox can still Psychic Blaziken to death, anyway.

Seriously though, mind explaining how it's a bad decision?

You are Mew!

My shinies: Weavile, Gallade, Furret, Roserade, Vileplume, Bellossom, Pyroarx2, Delphox, Braixen, Kecleon, Kirlia

Quote from Blastoise »

I absolutely love Delphox and would take it over any of the other fire-type starters any day.

Over Blaziken, or Charizard? I would have to be institutionalized after a bad decision like that. 

I would totally take it over them. 

People wanted a Fire-starter that isn't-

• mauled by Stealth Rock or Rocks in general
    • pure Fire-type
    • and isn't a Fire/Fighting-type.

What exactly is so bad about Delphox? Mystical Fire is a great move and I see nothing but good for it in the metagame, it seems to be a pretty nice special sweeper, and it's design is awesome.

Were people honestly expecting Fennekin to lose the ear flame hair anyway? Like, really? Heck, people wouldn't complain about that in the fanart, but now that it's a canon Pokémon, they're all like "BOO EAR HAIR FENNEKIN WORST STARTER EVER CHARIZARD ROOLZ GENS 2-6 SUX." 

Besides, though Blaziken is somewhat cool, I cannot stand Charizard at all. Again, rocks. Delphox can still Psychic Blaziken to death, anyway.

Seriously though, mind explaining how it's a bad decision?

Blaziken does not get mauled by Rocks, its quite the opposite because its a Fighting type. That STAB on Blazikens incredibly high Attack stat and that Speed stat will sweep all Rocks off the floor, Stealth Rock be darned. If you feel that he is just "okay" why don't you step into Smoogon University and express your thoughts with them. If you are lucky they will just laugh it off and not perma-label you a troll. 

Truthfully that's what they would do. 

Charizard... I really cant believe you are taking Delphox's side over Charizard. Seriously? Okay first of all lets take a look a Charizard's move pool. GAME... SET... MATCH. That's really all I need for this debate to be called over, I don't even have to mention Charizard has TWO DIFFERENT Mega Evolutions. 

Since Mega Charizard X is a bulky physical attacker all you need to do is teach him or her Earthquake / Brick Break and your Rock problems are OVER... even more so with a Dragon Dance MCX. So what about Mega Charizard Y, it has high speed and high Spec Attack, a stat most Rock type users really cant handle on defense and if they can once again we look at Charizard's move pool. Focus Blast... nuff said. WHAT ROCK PROBLEMS? 

I agree that we sorely needed a non-Fire/Fighting starter, and Delphox is not the worst Fire starter in the game at all. Charizard and Blaziken outclass it by a mile though simply based around the fact that they have more versatility. However, Delphox sure is ugly. 

EDIT: In addition I just went over to Serebii to use their damage calculator for Delphox switching into a Stealth Rock field. I ROFL'd. Fair warning to everyone do not switch in Delphox into a Stealth Rock. I'll take Blaziken any day to switch in... maybe not Charizard but that's why I lead with Charizard... that move pool. 

Last edited by Blastoise: 10/28/2013 9:41:03 PM

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

BOO EAR HAIR FENNEKIN WORST STARTER EVER CHARIZARD ROOLZ GENS 2-6 SUX

I wanted Cyndaquil. A hedgehog team, cyndaquil, shaymin, sandshrew <3

Right now I have Fennekin, Ninetails, Eevee, Flareon for my bushy tail team.

So fear not, even if they're ppl who don't like fire starters other than charizard, I'll one of those that support them.

Yipiyayo 2122 - 6682 - 9205

Playing pkmn Y

Rock Type Safari (Egg warmer)  ,Boldore and Barbaracle

I love Delphox! In fact, I started a new game the other day because I got Delphox envy XD Dat psychic/fire typing!

and yes i have Charizard as well. I love fire starters, looks like I'm going to have a fire centred team :P

Also, I find it a little weird that people aren't choosing it because its "feminine" looking.

Last edited by Darcy111: 10/28/2013 10:39:00 PM

Actually you can't deny that Delphox is a feminine pokemon, even the name is related with something feminine. The Delphox came from the words Delphos and fox, I don't need to explain what a fox is, but Delphos was a oracle of ancient Greek where a priestess (in other words, a female witch) used to make predictions of future of people.

Braixen even have the word vixen (female fox) on her name. oh yeah, and I like delphox, but I prefer greninja.

I dont hate Delphox, to be honest... I LOVE THE WAND. I hate that it still one-shots my Blastoise with psyshock..

Notes: Off-topic

i am with you on that i started a new 4 days ago and pick froakie for water type and trying to get fennekin bbeause like braxin and delphox form i just can't decide if want to evolve it to delphox though.

I wasn't meaning to insult greninja in any way, or it's tongue. If you go back to the original comment, you'll see that's what I already said. It was just directed to the people who talk about delphox's ear hair. I do agree with you, it does makes sense.

Okay bottom line it does come down to personal preference. However if you do not like Greninja's tongue that is one thing not to like about it, the rest is absolutely awesome epicness in design. 

Delphox's ear hair is NOT the only thing people dislike about Delphox. It's a starter pokemon that can in fact suffer from gender confusion much like Jynx and Mr. Mime does from time to time. Some people hate the fact that it has a wand. It would have been so much better if it had an evolutionary aesthetic archetype like Ninetales. I would have loved that. Since so many people can identify multiple reasons why they dislike Delphox on an aesthetic level and Greninja only really has one, is why there is so much dislike for Delphox. I think Fenekin is absolutely adorable and GameFreak absolutely butchered it for me as it evolves. 

Type wise I love it. 

In addition anyone has a problem with Greninja's tounge is going to have to answer to Gene Simmons. 

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes