Wireless news. ?? turn off ?

hello all i was wonderin does anyone know how to shutdown the wireless news" ?? i mean when i have it on (i dont remember if having it off also) i get "news" in the lower section of the 3ds like "do you wana use the wonder trade " or " do you know about link trades" etc.. is there any way to turn them off ?

FC 4098 3510 5673
    Lauro Pokemon Y , Electric Safari : Dedenne, Helioptile And Zebstrika

I would also like to know. Those notifications annoy the **** out of me. I've tried to look it up, but have found nothing on the subject.

FC: 4897~7040~0177

Yes there is a way. You have to tap the icon next to the internet icon, go into PSS settings and tap Disable PSS communications and disable it. While it is disabled you will not receive any kind of news, notifications (both trade and Battling) or O powers.

To re-enable it press the Restart PSS Communications button {will appear when you completely disable PSS}.

Last edited by Mr_Lamont: 10/21/2013 7:10:16 PM

3DS FC:2964-9549-8938 Friend Safari: Helioptile Dedenne Luxio

Quote from drk_blade92
    Yes there is a way. You have to tap the icon next to the internet icon, go into PSS settings and tap Disable PSS communications and disable it. While it is disabled you will not receive any kind of news, notifications (both trade and Battling) or O powers.
    To re-enable it press the Restart PSS Communications button {will appear when you completely disable PSS}.

That sounds HORRIBLE.

So to stop the annoying notifications that I receive that keep telling me to use the GTS (which I have used about 20 times), or make a trainer PR video (which I have already done) I need to completely disable the PSS online features?!

It's one of the only fixes I found. You could also just turn your 3DS wifi off.

Quote from drk_blade92
    It's one of the only fixes I found. You could also just turn your 3DS wifi off.

That once again defeats the purpose.

The point is to have access to the PSS, but not receive annoying notifications such as "Hey, go try Wonder Trade!" or "Hey, have you made a Trainer PR video yet?!"

completely disabling the online all together is just wrong. I'm surprised that we can't disable the notification feature (and by notification, I don't mean battle/trades from other players).

~Sorry that my answer is not the preferred option but at least it can stop the notifications. Hope I helped.~

Last edited by Mr_Lamont: 10/21/2013 7:47:33 PM

I pray to God that they either send out an update that gives us the option to disable notifications or if they make a third VI Gen game (Z version, anyone?) that they include it.

I have bugs in my Friend Safari. Someone at Gamefreak hates me.

Quote from Hamel »

From experience, even if your wireless is turned off the messages still appear, so turning wireless off is an invalid solution.

Do you completely disable it like I suggested. And that's weird, When I turn my wireless off I never get messages. 

Edit: Alright, temporary solution is to be on one of the other menu's. this way you can keep your internet on

Last edited by Mr_Lamont: 10/29/2013 4:23:30 PM

I don't remember if turning off wireless worked, but I hate these messages too... I especially hate the one that tells me my 3DS's battery is dying. The first time I saw it, I was like "aww, that's sweet thanks for letting me know" but it kept popping up like... every 5 seconds. The light was red, and it flashes red when it's about to die, which is really all I need to know what's going on. But what annoys me the most is that even after I plug in my 3DS, it keeps popping up, every 5 - 10 seconds... very irritating. That mixed with "Do you want to go to the GTS?" "Do you want to make a Wonder Trade?" "Do you want to make a PR video?" honestly I've done these things many times and if I wanted to do them again I'd know where to go... so they're very unnecessary at this point. But I don't want to just shut off the wireless altogether, as I like trading/battling with friends, giving them o powers, seeing when they're online, finding HA pokemon in their friend safari...

So yes, long story short I really hope they release a patch or something. >.<

"The ultimate would be to live as one with nature."
    ☀PCT☀ϟMarri Kart Racersϟ✰LSC✰

Quote from Shhmew »

I don't remember if turning off wireless worked, but I hate these messages too... I especially hate the one that tells me my 3DS's battery is dying. The first time I saw it, I was like "aww, that's sweet thanks for letting me know" but it kept popping up like... every 5 seconds. The light was red, and it flashes red when it's about to die, which is really all I need to know what's going on. But what annoys me the most is that even after I plug in my 3DS, it keeps popping up, every 5 - 10 seconds... very irritating. That mixed with "Do you want to go to the GTS?" "Do you want to make a Wonder Trade?" "Do you want to make a PR video?" honestly I've done these things many times and if I wanted to do them again I'd know where to go... so they're very unnecessary at this point. But I don't want to just shut off the wireless altogether, as I like trading/battling with friends, giving them o powers, seeing when they're online, finding HA pokemon in their friend safari...

So yes, long story short I really hope they release a patch or something. >.<

I agree with you, the battery one is annoying. The only way I get rid of the battery one is to plug my 3DS in.

"Here are my commands! Surrender unconditionally or we'll destroy Pac-World!" - Lord Betrayus

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes