This thread was Locked by CTJ43.

Chandelure Shadow Tag

Is it possible to find a Lampent in the Friend Safari with the Hidden ability Shadow Tag?

3DS FC: 4656 - 7350 - 0678

It is. You can find any Pokemon with its hidden ability sometimes.

Spin, spin, spin~!

If it's accessible in the friend safari, and has the hidden ability of Shadow Tag, then yes, it is possible to find it.

Edit: Just went and checked for you, Lampent's hidden ability is infiltrator. So no, you cannot have a Lampent with Shadow Tag.

Last edited by wymshclaymac: 10/22/2013 2:12:25 PM

3DS FC 1504-5808-3743 Ghost: Phantump, Shuppet, Spiritomb

Thanks

Would it be possible to breed for it then?  Since the male is now able to pass down hidden abilities as well, could I breed a male Gengar with a Female Litwick and get a Litwick with Shadow Tag?

Notes: merged double post
    Last edited by PrincessLuna: 10/22/2013 2:26:18 PM

Nope, it would only learn one of its standard abilities (Flash Fire/ Flame Body). The hidden abilities are set, you can not (without hacking anyway) change the abilities a pokemon has.

If you had a Lampent (male or female) with Infiltrator you would have a chance at breeding babes with Infiltrator too.

Sorry, I was under the impression that Spell Tag was one of its Hidden Abilities. My bad.

Quote from wymshclaymac
    Nope, it would only learn one of its standard abilities (Flash Fire/ Flame Body). The hidden abilities are set, you can not (without hacking anyway) change the abilities a pokemon has.

If you had a Lampent (male or female) with Infiltrator you would have a chance at breeding babes with Infiltrator too.

Unless you use that item that changes the ability, but that's only for normal abilities, isn't it ?
    Litwick's hidden ability is shadow tag, but my guess is that you can only get one if you get it through the friend safari.

Spin, spin, spin~!

Bulbapedia says its hidden ability s Shadow Tag but Serebii says its Infiltrator. I'm assuming Serebii is the one with more updated info.

@CTJ43 Remember that Multi-posting is against the rules of the forums. I've merged your double post. Any further multi-posts will result in a warning. YOu can use the edit button to add onto a post if you need to add something and no one else has posted.

Currently Breeding : Furfrou (112 Eggs)
    The Southern Island|Paws and Claws Tribe|Nuzlocke|Trade Shop
    Aipom Audino Eevee

Im staring at the Serebii.net dex, and it says that for XY it has Infiltrator as its hidden ability. Is it a typo on their part?

And correct, the capsule that changes abilities is normal abilities only.

Shadow Tag Chandelure is no more. They changed its hidden ability to Infiltrator, so I assume any shadow tag chandelure that gets transferred to X and Y when the bank comes out will lose Shadow Tag.

FRIEND  SAFARI

Sorry about that, I only responded once. Not really sure how that happened. 

Quote from wymshclaymac »

Im staring at the Serebii.net dex, and it says that for XY it has Infiltrator as its hidden ability. Is it a typo on their part?

And correct, the capsule that changes abilities is normal abilities only.

It might be, as the 5th gen dex at Serebii says that its hidden ability is Shadow Tag.  We'd have find out from someone who has one, as hidden abilities are available in the friend safari.  I'm not sure if the other person needs to be online or not.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the hidden ability then. Bulba says Shadow Tag and Serebii says Infiltrator. I dont know which to believe.

Quote from CTJ43 »

Yeah, I'm not sure about the hidden ability then. Bulba says Shadow Tag and Serebii says Infiltrator. I dont know which to believe.

Serebii is the most frequently updated. It's Infiltrator. I can confirm because I have an infiltrator Lampent from the friend safari.

FRIEND  SAFARI

Ah bummer, Thanks.

I think it's a good thing chandelure now has infiltrator, gives him a nice niche. There is no way ppl would choose shadow tag chandelure over Mega Gengar, now Chandelure has a pretty nice ability of his own (infiltrator breaks subs)

FC: 2921-9112-0749 (currently full)

Maybe when Pokemon Bank rolls around you can send a Chandleure with Shadow tag(From B/W) through the poketransporter and then use the Bank to move it to your party.

Pokemon Y FC 0001-3333-6203 Note: If you add me, send me a PM so I can add you back!

Quote from beerpowered »

Maybe when Pokemon Bank rolls around you can send a Chandleure with Shadow tag(From B/W) through the poketransporter and then use the Bank to move it to your party.

That would make no sense to me. With all the changes happening in gen 6 it seems to me any pokemon in the poke bank would also undergo these changes. If your hypothesis is true then I'll send over my Granbull and he will not be a Fairy type but a Normal type. 

Unfortunately for some I think these changes will apply retroactively to previous gen's pokemon in the poke bank. As far as Chandelure with Shadow Tag goes, as a competitive player I say without a doubt and no remorse... good riddance. 

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Quote from Blastoise »

Quote from beerpowered »

That would make no sense to me. With all the changes happening in gen 6 it seems to me any pokemon in the poke bank would also undergo these changes. If your hypothesis is true then I'll send over my Granbull and he will not be a Fairy type but a Normal type. 

Unfortunately for some I think these changes will apply retroactively to previous gen's pokemon in the poke bank. As far as Chandelure with Shadow Tag goes, as a competitive player I say without a doubt and no remorse... good riddance. 

Well some moves were only available on certain Pokemon in different games. When you traded between games, they kept the move. So we can guess that abilities may work the same.

Pokemon Y FC 0001-3333-6203 Note: If you add me, send me a PM so I can add you back!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes