This thread was Locked by Scrafty.

Can Zapdos in X be shiny?

I have been trying to find a shiny one and I just want to make sure 

Friend Code: 0533-4214-3851

My Friend Safari is Dragon: Gabite,  Noibat, Druddigon

What? You do know you keep running into the one over and over right? Its not a different one every time... if it were to be shiny it would have been shiny from the get go. 

Now only if time travel were possible...

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Quote from Blastoise »

What? You do know you keep running into the one over and over right? Its not a different one every time... if it were to be shiny it would have been shiny from the get go. 

People soft reset for shiny legendaries all of the time.  I was hearing how Yveltal and Xerneas are probably shiny locked so I was wondering if the birds are too

Last edited by Mister5796: 10/31/2013 6:48:18 PM

Quote from Mister5796 »

Quote from Blastoise »

People soft reset for shinies all of the time.  I was hearing how Yveltal and Xerneas are probably shiny locked so I was wondering if the birds are too

Are you soft resetting before or after your first encounter... that's what you failed to mention.

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Quote from Blastoise »

Quote from Mister5796 »

Quote from Blastoise »

People soft reset for shinies all of the time.  I was hearing how Yveltal and Xerneas are probably shiny locked so I was wondering if the birds are too

Are you soft resetting before or after your first encounter... that's what you failed to mention.

Sorry about that.  I chased him into the Sea Spirit's Den, that's where I'm soft reseting

i THINK that it doesnt matter actually. when i caught it multiple times in the sea den, it had a different nature and ivs every time.

Quote from omegazeroINFI »

i THINK that it doesnt matter actually. when i caught it multiple times in the sea den, it had a different nature and ivs every time.

So you think he can be shiny? 

WHAT?! They changed that? How? Why? The roamers always had the nature they first started off with in previous gens. Does Serebii know about this... they might want to! 

Sorry about that Mister5796, I guess you can if they are not Shiny locked... although that's 12,000 resets too many for me. Let me know if you get one if I'm still alive. XD

look at it this way, you actually can control its ivs this way. i just tried it because with capture power, i tend to catch it in 1 go.

I just caught it twice to test it and they both had different values and nature.  Does that mean it can be shiny? 

in theory maybe, but blastoise brought up something i never heard of. shiny locked? if thats even a thing, then its possible you might never find it, but i cant confirm that. id rather not try to catch it that many times to find out.

Shiny locked means it's set by the games programming to never be shiny ever.  The only ones I know of are Reshiram and Zekrom (maybe Kyurem but I don't think so). They could have done the same with the Kanto Birds but if anything is shiny locked it's probably Xerneas/Yveltal since they're integral to the games plot like Reshiram and Zekrom were in BW.

Last edited by MegaTyphlosion: 10/31/2013 8:11:06 PM

Psychic type Safari with Abra, Sigilyph and Girafarig.

Quote from MegaTyphlosion »

Shiny locked means it's set by the games programming to never be shiny ever.  The only ones I know of are Reshiram and Zekrom (maybe Kyurem but I don't think so). They could have done the same with the Kanto Birds but if anything is shiny locked it's probably Xerneas/Yveltal since they're integral to the games plot like Reshiram and Zekrom were in BW.

That makes sense.  Thanks for the info. 

Quote from Mister5796
    Quote from Blastoise

Quote from Mister5796

Quote from Blastoise

People soft reset for shinies all of the time. I was hearing how Yveltal and Xerneas are probably shiny locked so I was wondering if the birds are too

Sorry about that. I chased him into the Sea Spirit's Den, that's where I'm soft reseting

Once you meet for the first time in the wild if it isn't shiny it will never be shiny - even if you start soft resetting in the Sea Serpents Den.

FC: 4897~7040~0177

Quote from Nickmare »

Quote from Mister5796
    Quote from Blastoise

Quote from Mister5796

Quote from Blastoise

People soft reset for shinies all of the time. I was hearing how Yveltal and Xerneas are probably shiny locked so I was wondering if the birds are too

Sorry about that. I chased him into the Sea Spirit's Den, that's where I'm soft reseting

Once you meet for the first time in the wild if it isn't shiny it will never be shiny - even if you start soft resetting in the Sea Serpents Den.

Quote from Nickmare »

Quote from Mister5796
    Quote from Blastoise

Quote from Mister5796

Quote from Blastoise

Well,  darn.  Could you send me a link that explains that,  or are you talking from personal experience? 

Basically, once a roaming legendary has been encountered - it's stats, IVs, ability, etc are all locked into whatever they are that battle.

I'm going to assume that is how it is in X & Y, because that is how it is in other generations.

I don't really have a link for you, as I wouldn't even know where to look to find an explanation. :P

They aren't locked.  I caught Zapdos many times and looked at his stats and abilities and they were always different. Even took pictures to make sure. 

Last edited by Mister5796: 10/31/2013 9:42:33 PM

Apparently the nature is not locked in any more... according to people that are soft resetting for good natures.

I guess I will get him shiny some other time =( I caught him already. At least I caught him with a Pokeball! Lol

Quote from Mister5796
    They aren't locked. I caught Zapdos many times and looked at his stats and abilities and they were always different. Even took pictures to make sure.

Then they might have changed it from previous generations.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes