6th Gen RNG Egg Abuse Found By Japanese Community?

Quote from KureaNight »

I already discovered this myself in the 5th gen long ago. o-o
    Have a full understanding of what is happening here.

I've been using it to a degree for a long time. Faster way of getting DWFs and stuff, get different genders but DW ability doesn't change. The IVs are pre-decided for the next egg after rejecting the current egg. (You need to save.) I never thought about changing out the parents though... I'll look into it to work out the details.

I actually decided to try to use this to attempt to breed flawless Shiny Pokemon in the 5th gen without RNG. I've had this theory for a long time that I haven't had the time to test, but it seems to me the IVs remain the same but the personality value changes with each hatch, as shown by changing genders and non-DW abilities. Therefore, you can hatch the same Pokemon over and over until you hatch it Shiny using Masuda Method + Shiny Charm. I hatched an Adamant 30/31/31/30/31/31 Larvitar the other day through normal hatching in 5th gen. If I had used this method while hatching it, I could have reset it until I obtained it Shiny, to prove this. Going to do so eventually~

We're looking at the new RNGing of the 6th gen if my theory is true, due to high Shiny rates.

Yeah I remember you showed me this a while back, nice that it has been confirmed. Wonder if the changing parents part works on the 5th Gen too...

Last edited by Kiaxe: 11/2/2013 8:59:13 PM

My Old 5th Gen Shiny Shop (Click Me!)

V That's my price possession at the bottom V

I ONLY TRADE LEGIT POKEMON, DON'T TRADE ME HACKED OR CLONED IN RETURN,  THANK YOU 

Black: 0863 5551 5088/Black 2: 1980 2476 8767

MewPokemon Y: 0834 1630 8114 Mew

I am finding this really difficult to follow.

So I basically put in two parents with two perfect IVs each (different IVs for each one).
    Wait for the guy to turn around for the egg.
    Save the game.
    Receive the egg.
    Hatch it.
    If its the IVs I want, then I reset the game.
    Refuse the egg.
    Change the parents for ones with different perfect IVs.
    Receive the egg.
    Hatch it.
    Confirm it has the right perfect IVs.

???

Please help :(
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1693-1673-4651
    3DS Name: Bretty
    IGN: Jon Snow

National Pokedex Complete! All 718 Obtained!

Quote from sgtchibitherebirth »

I am finding this really difficult to follow.

So I basically put in two parents with two perfect IVs each (different IVs for each one).
    Wait for the guy to turn around for the egg. -Save before the guy turns around.
    Save the game.
    Receive the egg.
    Hatch it.
    If its the IVs I want, then I reset the game.
    Refuse the egg. -you refuse the egg if you don't like the IVs
    Change the parents for ones with different perfect IVs.
    Receive the egg.
    Hatch it.
    Confirm it has the right perfect IVs.

???

Please help :(

Corrections made. :)

3DS XL FC: 4227-0821-3617  Safari: Normal - Aipom, Kecleon, Ditto. IGN: Jaymar

For cloning services, PM me. (Will only clone competitive legendaries/shines and perfect 6 IV pokemon.)

Quote from Jaynohva
    I am finding this really difficult to follow. So I basically put in two parents with two perfect IVs each (different IVs for each one). Wait for the guy to turn around for the egg. -Save before the guy turns around. Save the game. Receive the egg. Hatch it. If its the IVs I want, then I reset the game. Refuse the egg. -you refuse the egg if you don't like the IVs Change the parents for ones with different perfect IVs. Receive the egg. Hatch it. Confirm it has the right perfect IVs. ??? Please help :(
    Corrections made. :)

Ok thank you.

I'll keep trying. :)
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1693-1673-4651
    3DS Name: Bretty
    IGN: Jon Snow

National Pokedex Complete! All 718 Obtained!

Just so you know, this method guarantees 5 perfect IV pokemon as long as you have the right parents. 6 perfect IV pokemon still requires an insane amount of luck. Oh and use destiny knot.

For cloning services, PM me. (Will only clone competitive legendaries/shines and perfect 6 IV pokemon.)

Take note that if you use a Pokemon with 2-3 Perfect IVs but it also has close to 0 in 1 IV category. I find Destiny Knot usually keeps the crappy IV as well. I was getting Protean Frogadiers with 3-4 Perfect in HP, Attack, S.Attack, and Def but it kept the close to 0 speed even though one parent had perfect speed.

Use the Power Items(In this case Power Anklet) to fix imperfect IVs before using Destiny Knot.

I find 3 Perfect IV Pokemon are about 1 in 20 in the friend Safari.

Pokemon Y FC 0001-3333-6203 Note: If you add me, send me a PM so I can add you back!

What i don't know is.

If i put in 2 magikarp without HA first then switch with a couple that can have HA, could the child have HA?

or it determined at the random time like gender?

FC: 3582-9585-7493
    In game name: Hexs

What is the chances to get 6 perfect IV from 2 perfect 5 IV parents?

Yipiyayo 2122 - 6682 - 9205

Playing pkmn Y

Rock Type Safari (Egg warmer)  ,Boldore and Barbaracle

Quote from SirSalute »

What is the chances to get 6 perfect IV from 2 perfect 5 IV parents?

chance to get 5 perfect ivs from both 5 perfect IV parents is about 1/3.

chance to get the last IV not inherited to be 31 is about 1/32.

so the two chances times together giving about 1/96 chance to get a 6 perfect IV pokemon.

am i rite?

Last edited by GodLucifer: 11/5/2013 7:34:29 AM

Pokemon Y FC: 2423-3133-4667

Friend Safari (Ice): Spheal, Sneasel, Cloyster

That's some insane mathematics. Thanks for the breakdown.

Yipiyayo 2122 - 6682 - 9205

Playing pkmn Y

Rock Type Safari (Egg warmer)  ,Boldore and Barbaracle

ahhaha i also not sure if its correct but its a rough gauge lol

atleast its easier than hatching a shiny i guess

Last edited by GodLucifer: 11/5/2013 8:10:55 AM

Pokemon Y FC: 2423-3133-4667

Friend Safari (Ice): Spheal, Sneasel, Cloyster

So Lets say I have a 31/x/31/x/x/x parent and I put it with a x/x/x/31/31/31 parent and I deposit them one holding Destiny Know and the other Everstone of course.

I move around till he has a egg. Then I save. I hatch the egg. If it has the wrong IVs something like 31/x/x/x/31/x then I release that poke and move around till he gets an egg okay. Then I save again.

If I get the correct baby this time with 31/x/31/31/31/31 I can soft reset by going to home menu and re entering the game. (meaning I will be standing before the guy who has my 5 IV egg however instead of taking it I refuse it.

Then I take those parents let say it was two Abras Timid and I can put Two Pikachus with the same IV combination as my last parent and the 1st new egg generated will have the 5 IVs like my previous good baby whose egg was refused upon soft reset?

Last edited by Psiiionic: 11/5/2013 8:59:35 AM

My 3DS FC: 2380 3758 9788.
    Friend Safari pokes are Munna, Girafarig, Wobbuffet. Know they are not much though :/

I'm shocked that so few people did this in 5th gen. If people were used to soft resetting for natures for legendaries and starters why not also apply this method to breeding? I have been doing this for a while, though never switching out the parents. 

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Quote from Psiiionic »

So Lets say I have a 31/x/31/x/x/x parent and I put it with a x/x/x/31/31/31 parent and I deposit them one holding Destiny Know and the other Everstone of course.

I move around till he has a egg. Then I save. I hatch the egg. If it has the wrong IVs something like 31/x/x/x/31/x then I release that poke and move around till he gets an egg okay. Then I save again.

If I get the correct baby this time with 31/x/31/31/31/31 I can soft reset by going to home menu and re entering the game. (meaning I will be standing before the guy who has my 5 IV egg however instead of taking it I refuse it.

Then I take those parents let say it was two Abras Timid and I can put Two Pikachus with the same IV combination as my last parent and the 1st new egg generated will have the 5 IVs like my previous good baby whose egg was refused upon soft reset?

Well, sort of. I haven't tested the parent switching myself, but I've used this method. It seems to me that what they say is that you put a parent with 31 HP and Def IVs with Knot in and one with, say a 31 Atk IV and correct nature and Everstone in. You save first, run around until the egg generates, then obtain and hatch it. Say you get somewhat lucky and obtain a 31 HP Atk and Def IV egg with wanted nature first try. You then soft-reset, generate egg and reject it (this I am not so sure about), and replace the parents with ones of the same species. One with 31 Sp.A and Sped IVs with Knot and another with a Sp.D and say HP IV and still the correct nature and Everstone.

Now, you save then run around to generate, obtain, and hatch egg. It will have the save IVs as before, but some will be re-written by the new four IVs from the Destiny Knot. So if it inherits the Sp.A, Sped, Sp.D, and HP from the second set of parents, it will still have the Atk and Def from the first set of parents, and you will have a flawless egg.

But that is unlikely to get all four. Now, I think this is likely endlessly stackable. It may or may not work with Power Items, but if so I personally recommend using the Destiny Knot for the first set, and Power Items for every parent set after. You start with the 3 flawless IV base from the previous example, and add one at a time the Sp.A, Sp.D, and Sped. This way you don't have a chance of forcing over the wrong IVs like you do with the Knot. From the 3 IV base you generated in the previous egg, you put in a parent with 31 Sp.A with Power Lens and another with the correct nature and Everstone, save, and generate/obtain/hatch the egg. It will have 4 31 IVs. Repeat with the next 2 IVs and you will have a flawless Pokemon.

Now, whether or not you can change what species the Pokemon is but keep the nature and IVs, I do not know. Again, I have used this for a long time but never thought to change the parents.

Last edited by KureaNight: 11/5/2013 11:12:55 AM

Friend Codes~

W2 Friend Code: 3010-6937-5816
    [IGN: Eve]
    3DS Friend Code: 2981-7053-1570 - [Ice]
    [X IGN: Claire]
    2DS Friend Code: 3067-6044-4092 - [Fighting]
    [Y IGN: Seth]

One Trainer's Magikarp  Is another Trainer's Gyarados. 

Quote from KureaNight »

I already discovered this myself in the 5th gen long ago. o-o
    Have a full understanding of what is happening here.

I've been using it to a degree for a long time. Faster way of getting DWFs and stuff, get different genders but DW ability doesn't change. The IVs are pre-decided for the next egg after rejecting the current egg. (You need to save.) I never thought about changing out the parents though... I'll look into it to work out the details.

I actually decided to try to use this to attempt to breed flawless Shiny Pokemon in the 5th gen without RNG. I've had this theory for a long time that I haven't had the time to test, but it seems to me the IVs remain the same but the personality value changes with each hatch, as shown by changing genders and non-DW abilities. Therefore, you can hatch the same Pokemon over and over until you hatch it Shiny using Masuda Method + Shiny Charm. I hatched an Adamant 30/31/31/30/31/31 Larvitar the other day through normal hatching in 5th gen. If I had used this method while hatching it, I could have reset it until I obtained it Shiny, to prove this. Going to do so eventually~

We're looking at the new RNGing of the 6th gen if my theory is true, due to high Shiny rates.

Did you test if the Shiny idea works yet?  I've been trying to figure out a way to do that too, and this looks possible.

KinKin

Quote from KinKin»

Did you test if the Shiny idea works yet?  I've been trying to figure out a way to do that too, and this looks possible.

It won't work because the shiny value is also predetermined with the IVs. Also the shiny charm doesn't affect Masuda Method so that line of thinking was flawed. 

Last edited by genetrix: 1/19/2014 2:29:06 PM

Wow, kinda old topic.

I was thinking it may have been possible to reset the same IVed egg for Shininess due to the gender changing with each hatch.  Last I checked, both gender and Shininess was determined by the same number value, so if the gender was changing, that indicates that value is changing.  Wouldn't Shininess then change as well?

I really have no idea, is was just a guess based on a few observations.

Also I had no idea if the Shiny Charm affected MM or not, and I really don't care as it was irrelevant to my case.  Shiny Charm or MM, both boost the Shiny rates so either works, even if they don't work together.

I don't think any of it matters anymore anyway.  Its so easy to get a Shiny in the 6th Gen, I hatched a 31/31/31/26/31/28 Adamant Shiny Honedge on the 20th MM egg completely by accident.  I just threw a random Adamant *** Honedge with Everstone in with a random Friend Safari Ditto holding nothing, and got that.  I can fish 3 Shiny Pokemon using C-Fishing in an hour, and get 1-4 Shiny Pokemon in a day just running around the Friend Safari.  All without the Shiny Charm.  In other words, nothing in this topic about Shiny Pokemon really matters.  Its easy to get near-flawless Pokemon through normal breeding too, so most of this topic isn't too important.

Last edited by KureaNight: 1/19/2014 5:13:11 PM

Friend Codes~

Yeah. It's a dead topic that was resurrected. lol However, I still find this useful for mass breeding 5-6 flawless IV pokemon with each egg hatched. 

Anyway, gender is also predetermined (proper term would be locked in) if you use 'test parents' that have the same gender ratio as your target parents. However, if they do not match, the offspring could have a different gender based from the actual ratio. With that in mind, it still wouldn't be possible to rng breed a flawless shiny with this method because an inconsistency in the gender could alter the inherited stats. 

I recommend you read the updates over at smogon. It has every known inconsistent results compiled such as Kangaskhan. Doing this with a kangaskhan for example would not work because Kangaskhan could only be female. Yeah, it's confusing and I know I didn't explain it well but the bottom line is, it won't work. lol

Edit: I've conducted several tests too and each time would result into a failed experiment. What did work was that during my test parents (I use gyrados), i got a shiny magikarp. I soft reset, switched to proper parents and amazingly the offspring turned out shiny. But that's about it. You're better off MM breeding. 

Last edited by genetrix: 1/19/2014 5:27:49 PM

My original theory came about for 5th Gen breeding, where with 2 parents of the same gender ratio gave eggs where gender was switching, but IVs remained the same.  Haven't done testing with 6th Gen breeding.

I don't use this method, the game is easy enough as it is and I don't do a lot of hatching outside of MMing occasionally.  The gender ratio thing makes sense though, I can see why it would change.  It really isn't that confusing, just a few weird game mechanics giving predictable results.

Hatching a Shiny and changing the parents/offspring is certainly interesting though, IVs and nature kept?  I could definitely use that in the future.  It also shows that Shininess is locked (in 6th at least.)

Last edited by KureaNight: 1/19/2014 7:09:03 PM

Friend Codes~

Yes, it certainly was kept. But the shiny offspring from my test parents was all luck because it wasn't a result of MM breeding. They were both english gyrados. XD

I just use this method to mass breed 5-6 IV flawless offsprings from the 5-6IV flawless parents that I already own. Knowing which IVs the offspring will inherit and which stat will be randomized will help me choose the proper flawless pokemon to breed with almost every egg (83%). It's not 100 percent because the only time I would reset and reject an egg is if the randomized stat is HP because I don't know a pokemon who doesn't need a 31 IV in HP. I know lots of pokemon can go without a 31 IV in Special Attack like scyther but I don't know any pokemon that would be considered flawless if it doesn't have a 31 IV in HP. If I did know a pokemon like that, then I don't even have to reject any eggs anymore making it 100% guaranteed flawless pokemon with each egg every single time. 

In short, no need to wait for a whole batch, then hatch them all and hope you get a flawless pokemon.

Last edited by genetrix: 1/19/2014 8:37:31 PM

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes