Changed pokerus

So, I noticed that my pokemon with pokerus isn't recovering from it as it did in gen 5.

The Charmeleon caught in a Safari got infected and cured before it entered my box (Was in my party for a few battles). But then, my Trace Gardevoir still has it after 3-4 days of staying in my party constently. (Going safari crazy and trace saves some money on pokeballs.)

So, I started to wonder if there is a chance that the pokemon is cured after every fight. Or maybe that there is a pre-determined number of battles it last now. Anyone else saw something similar to this?
    Back again, after some time. Not to sure if I'll be able to trade or stuff, but will see what I can do.
    2DS FC: 3969-6021-1916 - Steel
    3DS FC: 3239-3265-9472 - Poison

Well mine still loses it, but I think it probably has to do with the number of battles it's been through rather than time O:

Same here.

But just find it strange that the Togepi and Woobat that got infected by my Gardevoir has been cured, but Gardevoir still has active pokerus. But the Riolu and Dwebble still have active pokerus. :/
    Back again, after some time. Not to sure if I'll be able to trade or stuff, but will see what I can do.

i infected a ditto with it...walked 3 steps to the poke cpu, went to deposit him, was already cured....3 steps

Friend Code! 4227-1463-3712

IGN~~isaiah

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-6th-generation/wifi-trading-6th-gen/quick-trades/474457-s-h-i-n-i-e-s-l-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-i-e-s

Safari Type GROUND: Sandshrew, Marowak, and Palpitoad

I haven't experienced this myself... I've managed to infect a bunch of my pokemon with the virus and they only seem to cure at night.

What I have noticed is that the clock/day reset things in game seem to be wonky, maybe that's the issue?
    Black FC:
    1034-3333-3352 Ackis
    Black 2 FC:
    0261-8120-3913 Ackis
    Y FC:
    1032-1554-8694 Ackis

Pokemon Safari: Ice-type - Spheal, Bermite, Lapras
    But that would mean that all the pokemon will be cured at the same time.

I have had my old Gardevoir infect 4 pokemon with pokerus, then 2 hours later, 2 of the newly infected pokemon are cured, but not Gardevoir. That is the part that troubles me.

Why did only halve of the newly infected pokemon get cured, while the source pokemon and 2 others stayed contagious?

Only thing I can think of is that there is a timer that is randomised as the pokemon is infected. And that the timer is then step or battle based.

Well have you considered the original virus is now "immortal" and the infected pokemon can't infect others? Because even though you have the pink smiley face "cured status" they still receive the EV Bonus. This is probably designed to prevent you from tradeing your pokerus to other players, making only your originally infected pokemon valuable, and making pokerus that much more rare.

FC : 4828 5072 0114  Safari: Normal Type:Aipom, Minccino, Ditto

I got my first pokemon with pokerus from a Wonder Trade, and that Picachu still has an active pokerus. Plus, of all the pokemon I have infected with it, only 3 has been cured so far. (The Charmeleon, then the Togepi and Woobat)

I still have...34 pokemon with pokerus left. There is about 15 of them which I have infected on purpose and used occasionally after they were infected, and the rest got infected by accident.

All I can really say for now is that the infection seems to die down randomly, with my Gardevoir still being infectious.

Other pokemon that often are in my team with a infectious pokerus are Gallade, Talonflame and Greninja.

I have also considered that the pokerus may only be active for a certain amount of levels, but Togepi was infected for about 5 levels, but the Riolu is now at 12 levels after infected, and still contagious.

I thought the pokerus was acting wonky when it remained active on most pokemon after midnight and some pokemon for a few days.  (This was after the initial few days of infection and some had already been inactivated.)  I just hadn't kept track of it.  I think maybe I should now, as this needs to be investigated.  Maybe it's different for each pokemon's hidden identification number? 

The scary part about this is that you can't be sure that a pokemon that has active pokerus in the PC will have it long enough in the party to infect others.

Last edited by TimelessDragon: 11/4/2013 12:19:33 PM

Paws and Claws Tribe
    (AC:NL Town: Fantasia, Mayor Timeless)
    Lucky Star Club

That makes sense. With a close second being the number generated at the end of the battle.

I have a strong suspicion that the Togepi and Woobat was infected at the same time, then also cured at the same time. Unfortunately, I did not pay enough attention to it as I was treating it as gen 5 pokerus at the time

But the question is what trigger the infection to die down? I am really hoping that it is battles fought, and not steps taken.

I've noticed that even with certain pokemon recover quicker or slower than some.  I received a Riolu with Pokerus from wonder trading and was excited about it so tried to infect my entire team with him.  It took longer to infect my Jolteon than it did with the rest of my team and I probably battled more with it.

However, all six of them recovered from the pokerus at the same exact time.  I wasn't able to depict whether it had to do with in game time but I battled a lot with them since I'm running through Pokemon Y with a different team so I'm early in the story.  It was certainly nice getting a lucky wonder trade pokerus pokemon though to help along with EV training :) Now I'm set!

FC - 2578-3168-7071  Type - Ice  Pokemon - Lapras, Bergmite & Snover

Looking for a Friend Safari with either Milotic or Feebas!~ :)

I was monitoring the pokerus for a while, and noticed a few things.

1 - Pokerus seems to stay active for longer on pokemon that battles often.
    I was hunting for some items in a safari, so used a different pokemon(Gothitelle) to see the items. Got infected 2 days ago with pokerus and, as my lead pokemon, was in all battles and is often the only pokemon to attack. As with my Gardevoire, it infected other pokemon with pokerus which then became cured while the pokerus on Gothitelle stayed active.

2 - Pokemon still seems to be cured while in the team at midnight.
    The day after my first post, my entire team was cured of pokerus in the morning, while every still had active pokerus the previous night.

3 - "Quick cure" pokemon seems to be very rare.
    Only had it happen 4 times now. The previous 3, and then on a Braizen/Delphox. All pokemon that last through this "quick cure" seems to then behave as normal, only curing at night.

From what I see there, it looks like they made it more like a normal virus.
    Some people might get a cold for a day, while normal people will take 2/3 days to recover. And if you keep on being active during this time, the cold may last a few more days.

Just a theory - but does have some logic behind it.
    And might now be easier to apply with the stronger 3DS system, compared to the computational power of the original DS, so they added it to make it more "realistic".

i'd also like to point out, i BELIEVE that some pokemon can spread it faster and more effectively than others...

example~ my original pokerus fenniken, took me about 15 battles to spread it to 1 other pokemon..., then another 7 or 8, to get it to the next...

once my eevee got it, i wasn't planning on spreading it at that point, but in only 3 battles, 5 of the 6 pokemon in the party had it...

i did nothing special, to swap them in or out, just put them all in the party, and did 3 battles....   i was able to repeat this 3 or 4 times... now i have like 20 pokerus guys....

should be noted that some CURED themselves in like...less than 5 minutes. (actually had one pokemon cure itself in 3 steps, no joke)

IGN~~isaiah

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-6th-generation/wifi-trading-6th-gen/quick-trades/474457-s-h-i-n-i-e-s-l-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-i-e-s

I usually put an infected pokemon in the second and fifth slots in my party because if an infection is going to happen it will be to the neighboring ones ONLY. So by doing this you expose fist, third, fourth, and sixth slot to infection at the same time. It has been this way for many generations. 

In addition I do not know of any PC that is 3 steps away from a patch of grass. So... explain the three steps to me again.

Last edited by Blastoise: 11/8/2013 9:57:16 AM

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Quote from mygalomorpea
    I was monitoring the pokerus for a while, and noticed a few things.

2 - Pokemon still seems to be cured while in the team at midnight.
    The day after my first post, my entire team was cured of pokerus in the morning, while every still had active pokerus the previous night.

My Tyrantium has kept the virus past two midnight resets. The rest of the party had their virus go bye bye.

He's in the first slot in my party and is also holding a Lucky Egg.
    Black FC:
    1034-3333-3352 Ackis
    Black 2 FC:
    0261-8120-3913 Ackis
    Y FC:
    1032-1554-8694 Ackis

Pokemon Safari: Ice-type - Spheal, Bermite, Lapras
    Notes: trades go in quick trades
    @Heymybigfish
    Might be possible that the rate at which the virus spread is different for different pokemon. But since the old pokerus had about a 25% chance to spread after each battle, makes it difficult to determine if the spread is due to luck or the pokemon it self. Will need to do a lot of testing to make sure.

And that is why I call it "quick cure". Just way too fast to make any sense. Might be that that the pokemon from which it is spread alter the odds. Or that it is determined by the RNG of the game, and if it is a certain range it will be cured after 1 step, or 1 minute.

@Ackis
    So, I'm guessing that you used your Tyrantium often then? In which case it could be considered as an active pokemon, and then be the same as my Gardevoir and Gotherelle.

I am not saying that the pokemon will always cure at midnight, since previous generations also had 1-day and 2-day strains. I'm just saying that, if a pokemon has had pokerus for a few battles, it only cures at midnight.

But it is good to know that other people also had pokemon that continue to have active pokerus after spending 2 midnights in the team. Means that it is not an isolated case.

Quote from Blastoise »

I usually put an infected pokemon in the second and fifth slots in my party because if an infection is going to happen it will be to the neighboring ones ONLY. So by doing this you expose fist, third, fourth, and sixth slot to infection at the same time. It has been this way for many generations. 

In addition I do not know of any PC that is 3 steps away from a patch of grass. So... explain the three steps to me again.

absolutely not true (anymore)... every time i've done an infection, i've kept my pokerus pokemon in spot #2... and have had the entire box infected, except for slot 6.   So spots #1, 3, 4 and 5, are all being infected from spot #2. 

IGN~~isaiah

So your spots 1 and 3 were infected, then 3 infected 4, and 4 infected 5. Your evidence is anecdotal and Serebii has yet mentioned any changes to the way PokeRus works so, until it is confirmed through multiple sources I wont believe it, and rightfully so. 

Still no explanation as to how you managed 3 steps from a catch to a PC, the fact the PokeRus disappeared doesn't amaze me as much as your characters ability to perform incredible leaps, that or his incredibly long legs. What i am trying to get at with my wise cracking question is that from the info you have provided (if accurate) I have to assume you got the infected Ditto in a trade or wonder trade while in a Pokemon Center correct. So here is my logical conclusion to this, PokeRus does NOT reset its timer back to zero when traded, so it is logical to believe someone sent it out just as it's timer was about to expire if in fact now it does have a timer or step counter like some are saying. 

Why is this entirely plausible you might ask? Simply put because it's one of those ultimate troll moments from people that are experts at the game. i am sure some people figured out the workings of pokerus by now and are using that knowledge to mess with others. I have heard many stories now about people receiving Haunters, Kadabras, Gravelers, and Machokes in wonder trade with Everstones attached. If that is not trolling I do not know what is. By that evidence its possible that said Poke-experts are using a higher form of trolling with pokerus and wonder trade, or that it just was a coincidence and the person was not trolling, just that the pokerus timer expired. However if you had said you CAUGHT the Ditto yourself you could not in any realistic sense made 3 steps to a PC. Not possible. 

http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml 

Last edited by Blastoise: 11/8/2013 11:53:23 AM

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Quote from Blastoise »

So your spots 1 and 3 were infected, then 3 infected 4, and 4 infected 5. Your evidence is anecdotal and Serebii has yet mentioned any changes to the way PokeRus works so, until it is confirmed through multiple sources I wont believe it, and rightfully so. 

Still no explanation as to how you managed 3 steps from a catch to a PC, the fact the PokeRus disappeared doesn't amaze me as much as your characters ability to perform incredible leaps, that or his incredibly long legs. What i am trying to get at with my wise cracking question is that from the info you have provided (if accurate) I have to assume you got the infected Ditto in a trade or wonder trade while in a Pokemon Center correct. So here is my logical conclusion to this, PokeRus does NOT reset its timer back to zero when traded, so it is logical to believe someone sent it out just as it's timer was about to expire if in fact now it does have a timer or step counter like some are saying. 

Why is this entirely plausible you might ask? Simply put because it's one of those ultimate troll moments from people that are experts at the game. i am sure some people figured out the workings of pokerus by now and are using that knowledge to mess with others. I have heard many stories now about people receiving Haunters, Kadabras, Gravelers, and Machokes in wonder trade with Everstones attached. If that is not trolling I do not know what is. By that evidence its possible that said Poke-experts are using a higher form of trolling with pokerus and wonder trade, or that it just was a coincidence and the person was not trolling, just that the pokerus timer expired. However if you had said you CAUGHT the Ditto yourself you could not in any realistic sense made 3 steps to a PC. Not possible. 

http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml 

well, that could be, but they were all infected during the same battle... i did 3 battles, and checked after each one, and no one had it until after that third fight, then they all had it, except spot 6....  so unless it chain reactions like you say...which makes sense, but all during 1 battle?

you sound like a bit condescending .  i bet you've heard that before.   I was in the pokemon safari, after a battle in the safari, my pokemon became infected, i exited the safari, and took around 3 steps to the poke computer thats literally, right inside the safari building;.  instead of saying POKERUS, like it had just a few steps ago, it had a pink smiley face.  so by the time i checked the summary, immediately after battle, walked out of the safari grass, and over to the computer, it cured.   maybe that's like 5 steps?

Also, i don't think i mentioned ditto.   I have a ditto with it, but i originally had a fennekin, then an eevee.

IGN~~isaiah

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes