Pokemon X & Y Tier List

This thread is to tier every single Pokemon line available before postgame to let everybody know which Pokemon are better, saving them the grief of using, say, a Watchog.  The tiers are Top, High, Upper Middle, Middle, Lower Middle, Low, and Bottom.  Here is the format for suggesting a Pokemon's ranking:

Pokemon:

Availability:

Notable Moves:

Stats:

Ranking Suggested:

+

+

-

-

Here is an example:

Pokemon: Watchog

Availability: Route 15

Notable Moves: Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Crunch, Dig, Power-Up Punch

Stats: Mediocre Atk and Spe, horrible other stats

Ranking Suggested: Low

+ Can be used in a haxxish role if you have enough Heart Scales with Confuse Ray and Hypnosis

+ Can use a combo of Super Fang and Hyper Fang to cripple the opponent

- Horrid stats

- Found late in the game

- Cannot fulfill many roles at all

Three people must vote for the submission before it counts.  The tiers:

Top:

High:

Pokemon: Gible, Gabite, Garchomp

Availability: Lumiose Badlands

Notable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Rock Slide, Dig, Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Swords Dance, (Gabite & Garchomp) False Swipe. Posion Jab

Stats: High Attack, speed, Low defensive stats

Ranking Suggestion: High

+It can learn Dig for dungeons

+It is a very powerful Pokemon to make as a HM user.

+It evolves to Gabite at lvl 24 great for early users

+It evolves to Garchomp right around the Pokemon League

+It can learn Posion jab as Gabite for battling Fairys

+You can use its Mega Evolution after you beat the game

-It has terrible defensive and Sp.attack stats

-It has a double ice weakness

-It's Mega evolution gets lower speed

-Doesn't level up to Garchomp until late game

Upper Middle:

Middle:

Lower Middle:

Low:

Bottom:

You may vote for the example in Watchog.

Last edited by Xenomorphic: 11/7/2013 4:46:20 PM

3DS FC: 3325-2098-7512

Formally teaser303.

Is this voting or suggestions? I noticed nothing is on the tiers list so I'll start you off

Pokemon: Gible, Gabite, Garchomp

Availability: Lumiose Badlands

Notable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Rock Slide, Dig, Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Swords Dance, (Gabite & Garchomp) False Swipe. Posion Jab

Stats: High Attack, speed, Low defensive stats

Ranking Suggestion: High

+It can learn Dig for dungeons

+It is a very powerful Pokemon to make as a HM user.

+It evolves to Gabite at lvl 24 great for early users

+It evolves to Garchomp right around the Pokemon League

+It can learn Posion jab as Gabite for battling Fairys

+You can use its Mega Evolution after you beat the game

-It has terrible defensive and Sp.attack stats

-It has a double ice weakness

-It's Mega evolution gets lower speed

-Doesn't level up to Garchomp until late game

Last edited by Crix_Ion: 11/6/2013 7:53:22 PM

It's for both.  Anyways, I'd mention stuff like EQ in your suggeston, but I approve. 1/3 for Garchomp.

Formally teaser303.

Chomp doesn't use SpA.

Here is mine:

Pokemon: Tyrantrum

Availability: Ambrette Town

Notable Moves: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang, Fire Fang, Head Smash, Dragon Claw, and more

Stats: Amazing Attack and Defense, Bad Speed and Special Defense

Ranking Suggested: Middle to High

+ Really good Physical Attacker

+ Really good Moves

+ Can be used defensively

+ Fantastic Abilities in the form of Strong Jaw and Rock Head

- Slow

- Terrible SpD

- Takes Recoil from Strongest STAB

And I vote for Chomp

Last edited by Garchomp: 11/6/2013 8:14:04 PM

I'm a Garchomp. Are you? Sprite credit to Vee2. Banner to SlipperyBuizel Extended Signature

1/3 for Tyrantrum for High.  It can remedy its Speed with Dragon Dance, which also boosts Attack.  Plus, great coverage with the elemental fangs boosted by Strong Jaw helps against anything.  Remember, you guys can also vote for submissions, too!

Formally teaser303.

I did one for Garchomp. Can I make another Submission? And for Watchog. The guy gets Power-Up Punch.

Last edited by Garchomp: 11/6/2013 8:15:39 PM

I'm a Garchomp. Are you? Sprite credit to Vee2. Banner to SlipperyBuizel Extended Signature

To give a point, say _/3 for Pokemon for Rank.  And yes, you can make another submission.

Formally teaser303.

Use spoilers on your submits by clicking the ! button :)

1/3 for Tryantrum because of strong jaw and its elemental fangs. Its lack of speed is a bit disappointing

Last edited by Crix_Ion: 11/6/2013 8:22:15 PM

You don't have to, Crix.

Formally teaser303.

2/3 for Garchomp and 1/3 for Watchog.

Next:

Pokemon: Aegislash

Availability: Not in the Wild, but Honedge can be found on Route 6 and Evolves into Doublade which evolves into Aegislash with a Dusk Stone

Notable Moves: King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Head Smash, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, and more.

Stats: Blade: Amazing Attack and Special Attack but low Defenses. Shield: Amazing Defenses. No need to list the Attack because you will change form.

Ranking Suggested: High to Top

+ Really Powerful

+ Amazing Attack

- Frail in Blade Forme

- Special Attackers easily take this out

Can I make a Vote for Tyrantrum?

Last edited by Garchomp: 11/6/2013 8:25:37 PM

1/3 for Aegislash at Top.  It can become an unbreakable wall or attacking behemoth in a move or two, but it needs King's Shield to do so.  Otherwise, it can fulfill any role you want it to without a lot of dedication.  Also, no voting for yourself.

Formally teaser303.

I am honestly a little bit uneasy about Garchomp not being top tier. Last I checked he is still considered to be Uber on Smogon.

Pokemon: Goodra, evolves from Sliggoo at level 50 in Rain, which evolves from Goomy at level 40.

Availability: Can be caught as a Goomy on route 14, or as a Sliggoo on route 19.

Notable Moves: Power Whip, Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail, Outrage, Dragon Pulse, Sludge Bomb... etc. Egg Moves: Counter, Curse, Iron Tail, Poison Tail, Endure, Acid Armor

Stats: HP 90 / Atk 100 / Def 70 / SAtk 110 / SDef 150 / Spd 80, can tank Special Attack based moves, moderately fast but hits hard.

Ranking Suggested: Top

+ Three competitively useful abilities. Sap Sipper gives Goodra an immunity to Grass types. Hydration works well on Rain Dance teams. Gooey reduces the Speed stat of enemy pokemon whose attacks make direct contact with it.

+ Great tank pokemon and learns moves to counteract types it is weak to.

- Goomy evolves really late in game and is pretty weak early on. 

- In order to get Sliggoo to evolve you must be in an area where it is raining.

Last edited by Blastoise: 11/6/2013 10:20:31 PM

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Here's one for me: (had to type this out because spoiler tags aren't working)

Gastly, Haunter and Gengar
    Ranking: Top to High
    Availability: Haunter can be found on Route 14 (very rare, Level 31), Frost Cavern (uncommon, Level 38-40), Route 19 (very rare, Level 47) and Victory Road (uncommon, Level 58). Evolve Haunter into Gengar by trading with another game.
    Stats: Haunter: Very high Special Attack and great Speed, terrible everything else; Gengar: Below average HP, Attack and Defense, average Sp Def, epic Special Attack, very high Speed; Mega Gengar: Below average HP and Attack, above average Defense and Sp Def, phenomenal Special Attack, epic Speed
    Notable Moves: Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Toxic, Venoshock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Will-o-Wisp, Dazzling Gleam
    + Very fast with amazing Special Attack
    + Three immunities (at least in regular form)
    + You can get the Gengarite almost immediately after catching it (or before even depending on where you get it), and Mega Gengar has the highest Special Attack of anything you can obtain before beating the game
    + Can obliterate most Fairy-types like they're nothing
    + Has plenty of interesting moves to utilize
    - Overall not very defensive (though Mega adds a bit more defenses)
    - Mega Gengar can be hit by Ground-type moves
    Quick Summary: One of the best Pokémon in the game, between amazing Special Attack, three immunities, being strong against Fairy-types and getting an even stronger Mega Evolution that you can use pretty much right away, Gengar is one you can never go wrong with. Just be mindful of its somewhat lackluster Defenses.

What do you think? Hope I did this well.

Last edited by GoldenFlicky24: 11/7/2013 11:10:30 PM

Came to do one for aegislash but I think FireFighterflame cover him well enough. So I'll 2/3 for top.

A notable thing is he has 3 immunities and 9 resistances.

FC: 0490 5763 3421 Please don't just randomly add me.

IGN: Roshka

I only deal in legit uncloned pokemon

I've got 5IV egg move pokemon here

1/3 for Gengar for Top, and 1/3 for Goodra for Top.  Remember to vote, guys!

Edit: Also, Blastoise, Garchomp is OU right now.  He was unbanned a long time ago.  Also, no making new submissions right now until we can get some of these in the lists.  The Pokemon:

Watchog: 1/3

Garchomp: 2/3

Tyrantrum: 2/3

Aegislash: 2/3

Goodra: 1/3

Gengar: 1/3

Last edited by Xenomorphic: 11/7/2013 7:15:32 AM

Formally teaser303.

Wow when did they come to their senses? Well in that case...

3/3 Garchomp, 2/3 Watchog, 3/3 Aegislash, 3/3 Tyrantrum, 2/3 Gengar

Using facts in a forum debate is just as OP as a Smeargle with Lock On and Sheer Cold. 

Friend Safari Pokemon: Fighting; MedititeSawk, ???

Or just go to pokemondb or other sites with the state, or smogon for gen5 and older pokemons?

Whats the point with this, when all the good pokemon builds have been known for quit some time now :)

Quote from Djuntas »

Whats the point with this, when all the good pokemon builds have been known for quit some time now :)

Well, in competitive battling yes, but not in-game. Because there are over 400 Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex, it's best to know which ones are the most effective, ones that are okay but have disadvantages compared to similar others, and ones you wouldn't touch with a 39 1/2 foot pole. If you're playing through the game more than once, then you'll know which might suit you. Who knows, someone might want a challenge by playing through the game with Pokémon only in the Low and Bottom tiers. :P

Anyway, that aside, i'll submit another, this time for one of my favorite Pokémon:

Venipede, Whirlipede and Scolipede
    Ranking: High to Upper Middle
    Availability: Venipede can be found jumping out of bushes on Route 6. Evolve Venipede into Whirlipede at Level 22, then Scolipede at Level 30.
    Stats: Venipede: Below average Defense and Speed, terrible everything else; Whirlipede: Great Defense, above average Sp Def, below average Attack, bad everything else; Scolipede: Great Attack, very high Speed, above average Defense (less than Whirlipede, interestingly), average Sp def, below average HP and poor Sp Atk
    Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Poison Jab, Megahorn, X-Scissor, Screech, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Baton Pass, Dig, Toxic, Iron Defense (Whirlipede only), Agility
    + You can get Poison Jab and Swords Dance relatively early in the game, so it's not totally screwed over
    + Gets a small Attack boost here
    + STAB Megahorn FTW, along with other nice moves such as Earthquake and Rock Slide
    + Has pretty balanced all-around stats
    + Can Baton Pass any non-Special stat if you really want to be creative
    - Can be hard to use before it becomes Scolipede
    - Bad Special Attack means it can't really use Venoshock
    - Its STABs can be easily resisted, and it's mostly stuck with those until the end of the game (though Scolipede can learn Dig for Steel-types)
    Quick Summary: Fast, gets some cool moves and can stand up to Fairy-types. However, it can be hard to use effectively until it fully evolves.
    Hope this one is sufficient!
    Last edited by GoldenFlicky24: 11/7/2013 11:07:30 PM

Let's see...

3/3 Watchog, 3/3 Gengar, 2/3 Goodra, 2/3 Scolipede (for Upper Middle)

12/2/2013 1:10:34 AM

I noticed no one has posted here in nearly a month so this thread may be kind of dead but I figured I would post something anyway:

Pokemon: Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone

Availability: Lost Hotel

Notable Moves: Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise, Zap Cannon, Explosion, Metal Sound, Flash Cannon

Stats: Below Average HP, Bad Attack, High Defense and Special Attack, Average Special Defense, Awful Speed

Ranking Suggestion: Middle to Upper Middle

+It evolves almost immediately after begin caught.

+It has very good Special Attack and Defense stats. 

-It has a horrible Speed stat.

-It has a double Ground weakness

Last edited by MegaMagnezone: 12/2/2013 10:47:33 PM

Quote from MegaMagnezone »

I noticed no one has posted here in nearly a month so this thread may be kind of dead but I figured I would post something anyway:

Pokemon: Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone

Availability: Lost Hotel

Notable Moves: Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise, Zap Cannon, Explosion, Metal Sound, Flash Cannon

Stats: Below Average Attack, Bad Attack, High Defense and Special Attack, Average Special Defense, Awful Speed

Ranking Suggestion: Middle to Upper Middle

+It evolves almost immediately after begin caught.

+It has very good Special Attack and Defense stats. 

-It has a horrible Speed stat.

-It has a double Ground weakness

I agree. Magnezone should be Middle/Upper Middle. It is very underrated. :/

In other news, welcome to Marriland! I see you've only just joined, but you are welcomed~

Joining Marriland was the best decision you will ever make in your life. The people here are amazingly supportive, friendly, respectful etc, etc. I'm sure you'll make loads of friends on here (I know I have) and we'll make sure you have a SUPER DUPER AMAZING HAPPY-GO-LUCKY CRAZY WILD WONDERFUL MAGNIFICENT BEAUTIFULLY IMAGINATIVE SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS TIME!!!!

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes