My Hopes for the Pokemon XY anime

Note this was originally a Blog post I did over on Screwattack.

So I've done a Blog post based on Ash's past traveling companions and along the way I thought of other ways to improve the anime overall. Now this would normally be a video but, I'm in the middle of a tie in special and by the time I finish the anime will have already have premiered (in Japan, even I'm not that slow for the US anime). On top of that I'm sure Youtube wouldn't let the video up anyway because copyright. So without further to do let's start this.

1. Development for Ash's traveling companions

So I've done a blog post on Ash's past companions, their roles hoping  to get a vibe for the direction that their going for with Ash's new companions, but I still have to say I hope these new companions are developed more than Iris and Cilan. As I said before in that blog post Iris and Cilan were given the shaft in terms of character development with Iris having the most out of the pair but still not really given all that much. Cilan was worse as he practically lacked a personality outside his various quirks (his brother a side character has 10 times the personality he did). With these new characters I hope they don't forget to give them character.

2. Less Team Rocket involvement

Now Team Rocket have been my favorite characters in the anime for a long time, but even I can admit that for a long time now they've been a complete joke only existing to fill the role of episode by episode antagonist and only there as a plot point necessity is some episodes. One thing I enjoyed about the BW anime was the fact that Team Rocket had sporadic appearances only appearing in a few episodes with a big major plan not their standard steal the item of the week plot. With them returning to their standards in the XY anime my only hope for them is to go back to being legitimate threats not just a joke.

3. Less CotD Episodes/Break the Formula

The first in a long line of CotD characters

A CotD or Character of the Day (also known as COD) are characters that only show up once, are important to the plot (if the episodes not all about them) and have no other appearances in the entire anime. Now I'm excluding characters who show up in later episodes such as a number of the rival characters in the BW episodes. I'm also adding in the series episodeodic formula which goes; ash and friends meet a new character or Pokemon with a problem, team rocket shows up tries to steal something, they blast off, and the day is saved and the problem is solved. This is especially apparent in the later BW episodes, the Decolora Adventures (or as I call it the filler islands episodes). I really hope that they can break this formula and possibly keep the episodes fresh,

4. The return of older characters

Never thought we'd see you again

So yeah this is one I would've never thought of if not for the anime referencing the older series in the newer episodes (ex. Clair, Charizard's return, and the Butterfree episode). So yeah nuff said on this one.

5. Better Battle Animation

So for those of you who like myself have been watching the watching the anime since the late 90's I can say this is one that they have improved on and looks like it'll be improved further with a more dynamic camera and dare a say a cinematic view. So keep it up guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So that's what I hope will change for the new upcoming anime, what do you hope for the new anime and what do you think about it so far leave it in the comments bellow.

I agree with minmal Team Rocket nvolvment. I feel like when they show up the exact same thing will happen...

White FC: 3483-4774-2962

I will have both X and Y by Wednsday. PM me if you want mega stones, masterballs, starters, or Yveltals.

I can also  Eevee train your pokes. Just gimme a PM and you'll be on a list!

Masuda Methoding for a shiny Sandshrew. Won't take this down until I get it....

I really hope they bring back some old characters into the anime like what happened to Misty?

-TheAceTrainer-

"... Yeah, A Heart Made Fullmetal." ~Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Image removed due to its file extension: http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

Man those first two episodes were Awesome!!!! im totally pulled back into pokemon!!! omg i love how they made ash back into his old self.. strong brave etc!!

FC! 0576 4311 7486

would love for some older characters to return, and I am so over Team Rocket.

*Makes some crazy machine with a few dollars*

*Flies over 10k's away from a thunderbolt*

Wanna check out my Youtube? http://www.youtube.com/PokeNetGames

Need an avatar / signature / GFX made? PM Me or hit me up on Skype @ PokeNet

One thing I'm hoping for the XY anime is Ash actually developing as a trainer. Again. In BW Ash's skills were reset to pre-DP levels. Where in the Unova league did Ash trump other trainers using any skills he developed through out his journey? None. However in the Sinnoh league we saw Ash using unique moves he developed, along with Dawn, Ice Aqua Jet for example (note: this may or may not have actually occurred in the league - I can't remember. The point is that Sinnoh!Ash > Unova!Ash)

I'm also hoping for superior Pokémon. I mean, was Ash trying to win in BW? You don't win a league by using a Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig. You just don't. 

Previously Basilisking

I'm just hoping WOOOOOBUUUUFETTTTT won't kill everything in its path,lololo froakie is a cheater wobbufett was totally supposed to beat it.
    im from uae
    W2 FC:3397 2768 7536. Y FC:2723 8310 9751

Chatot this bird sings the troll song and can troll with chatter/boomburst.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-69700507
    Now it sweeps even in pokebank uber in PS.

I'd like to see them develop Ash as a trainer. I find it comical that he wants to be a "Pokémon Master" every season, yet uses basic Pokémon and makes poor choices during battles. I understand that the show is geared towards kids, but come on. I'm sure kids want to see his Pokémon evolve too! Based off the first three episodes I've seen, the only Kalos starter that Ash will have is Froakie, which is awesome. Opens up more room for for him to use different Pokémon as opposed to Chespin and Fennekin.

I want Team Rocket taken out of the show completely. I can not stand them. Such one dimensional writing. I'd rather see Team Flare throughout the series. They are the main villains in Kalos after all... Sadly, Team Rocket will always be on the anime.

3DS Friend Code: 2251-4831-5108
    IGN: Daniel

One thing I want to see, is Pikachu actually OHKOing things for a some episodes. i bet you have seen the first episode of BW. Where Pikachu loses to Snivy who has never thought in a battle before so it had no battle experience? Thanks was just dumb. Even if Pikachu didn't lose its electric powers in the first episode, using Thunderbolt would kinda be pointless considering grass resists electric.

Quote from GymLeaderDan»

I'd like to see them develop Ash as a trainer. I find it comical that he wants to be a "Pokémon Master" every season, yet uses basic Pokémon and makes poor choices during battles. I understand that the show is geared towards kids, but come on. I'm sure kids want to see his Pokémon evolve too! Based off the first three episodes I've seen, the only Kalos starter that Ash will have is Froakie, which is awesome. Opens up more room for for him to use different Pokémon as opposed to Chespin and Fennekin.

I want Team Rocket taken out of the show completely. I can not stand them. Such one dimensional writing. I'd rather see Team Flare throughout the series. They are the main villains in Kalos after all... Sadly, Team Rocket will always be on the anime.

Look on the bright side, at least Team Rocket are finally making use of that Mirrorcoat. 

Quote from ShellyOshawott »

One thing I want to see, is Pikachu actually OHKOing things for a some episodes. i bet you have seen the first episode of BW. Where Pikachu loses to Snivy who has never thought in a battle before so it had no battle experience? Thanks was just dumb. Even if Pikachu didn't lose its electric powers in the first episode, using Thunderbolt would kinda be pointless considering grass resists electric.

Pikachu often OHKO's Team Rocket's Pokémon, but I know what you mean. I felt pretty disgusted watching the first Ash vs Trip. Even the Unova league it was a disappointment. 

Previously Basilisking

One of the things I liked about the earlier episodes of the BW series was the lack of Team Rocket and the ongoing storyline (which granted never went anywhere due to unforeseen circumstances), and I preferred that. The whole storyline with them being idiots is a bit annoying, more than annoying. I like them appearing only now and then and trying to pull off real scams rather than just try to take Pikachu every week.

Chesnaught - Gardevoir - Blastoise - Talonflame - Aurorus - Garchomp
    Sophie: 2122 - 5582 - 5047

Yeah... Trying to take Pikachu every week was kinda stupid considering they have the anime's only talking pokemon (You can make pokemon plushies talk) And could spending their time looking for stronger pokemon. The only problem is, they cant do that even if they wanted too because they make ash's Pikachu look like the strongest pokemon ever and all of the pokemon able to beat it is just sheer luck. Hence a really earlier episode, Pikachu was able to beat a Riachu once and like i mention. In the BW, Pikachu wasn't able to beat a Snivy with no battle experience, which is obviously weaker then Riachu. Sheer luck, much?

i have noticed that ashes character has nothing unique to him he is just the classic hero optimistic,brave with mild problems before overcoming them quickly. (and i must say he is a little stupid.) he needs a little depth to him i hope they do this in the upcoming episodes. one more thing what happened to misty??? 

Quote from tepigisthebest »

i have noticed that ashes character has nothing unique to him he is just the classic hero optimistic,brave with mild problems before overcoming them quickly. (and i must say he is a little stupid.) he needs a little depth to him i hope they do this in the upcoming episodes. one more thing what happened to misty??? 

Well yeah, he's going to be the classic hero - it's a children's anime series created in 1990's. Ash has got depth - He's brave, stubborn, really confident, aura user, treats Pokémon with compassion, a good battler, saved the world several times, and has placed well in Pokémon tournaments he's entered - either through skill or sheer luck (mostly the latter). But I can see that it can get boring after a while.

FYI, Misty left the group years ago and is now the gym leader (I'm pretty sure she is).

Previously Basilisking

I do hope Ash maintains his skills and actually acts like hes competed in 6  pokemon leagues and beat the battle frontier in Kanto. It seems like every new region he becomes about as experienced as the new trainer he travels with. I also hope that Ash's traveling companions actually have goals of their own instead of just mindlessly following Ash. Some character dev. for them would be good too. I still miss Brock but I know that he aint coming back :( I like how in BW Team Rocket became much more of a real threat and in fact the entire series was much more story driven, I hope to see more of this in XY

After watching the first two English dub episodes of X and Y, I must say that I am absolutely impressed for the first time in the longest time. After Misty and Brock left (temporarily for Brock), I was quite displeased with the direction the anime was going, but continued to watch it. However, the style of the anime now in X and Y is stunning and very well written so far in my opinion. The writing is slightly different as well which is nice.

On a side note, in BW Adventures In Unova (and Beyond) they ruined the original Team Rocket motto with changing a couple lines. They fixed that in X and Y (in BW t hey said "to unite the people within our nation", now it says "to unite all people within our nation"). True, it doesn't say "peoples" like it use to, but I can live with that.

3DS Friend Code: 2079 - 6820 - 2180

Friend Safari: Ground - Pokémon: Nincada, Trapinch, Diggersby

Help out the Marrilalnld Wiki, today! Every edit makes a difference and is always welcomed!

I'm glad he got Froakie and obviously Fletchling, but I just hope all of Ash's pokemon reach their final evolutions before the league starts...

Avi & Banner by Lizzie_Shiro --- FC: 0834-2382-7405 (Pawniard, Cacturne, Absol)

Ash is an aura user give him a riolu already and let him be able to use those aura powers too. 

Here are my hopes for the XY Anime:

1 - Like many people said, I wan't Ash to develop more as a Pokemon trainer. 

Because when he lost to the 1st gym leader I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL, Oh my god. How can Pikachu win versus Pokemon like Regice and loose to Surskit? 

^ Spoiler Alert.  

2 - Misty and May. Anyone between those two.

3 - I wan't to see the development of the relationship between Ash and Serena. Yeah I understand that this is basically a kids show but it doesn't matter >_<

I think that it would be awesome if they made a more adult oriented anime of Pokemon, like the manga Pokemon Special. 

Last edited by shndany: 12/1/2013 12:48:27 PM

Considering everything else they put on cartoon network now a days a relationship between Ash and Serena would be rather tame. And I do hope that it happens I think that they are pointing in that direction but we'll have to see I've only seen the first 7 episodes so far. And Ash seems to be maintaining a sense of he knows what he's doing kind of like at the start of the advanced generation. 

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes