Pokemon Pearl

This will be my third run on the marriland forums. Having already beaten N, I still need to do a lot of training for the post-game, while my emerald run will be restarted sometime today. On to this game and after having started with Snivy in white and Mudkip in emerald, It made logical sense to start off this run with Chimchar. Also, I will be the female character, known as Purple. Barry, my rival, has started with Piplup as he is a cheap person. Seeing how I didn't have a nickname scheme in the first failed attempt at Emerald, I will go back to my famous people scheme, and my starters are all going to be Obama.

After doing all the usual, talking to rowan, we pick up some poke balls and a premier ball. then onto route 201 to catch....

Meet Cobie the Starly, named after Cobie Smulders, the canadian actress, who plays Robin in "How I Met Your Mother".  After training to Level 8, we moved onto route 202, And met our new freind....

Dianna the Shinx, named after Dianna Aggron (Quinn on Glee). She gained some levels against the trainers, and then we made it to Jubilife, and route 204, and I caught Naya Rivera (glee, plays Santana) and she is a......

Budew. She will be a boss, just like the rest of the team. Anywho to finish this update, I went to the ravaged path, and caught myself another Glee actress (Lea Michele).....

She is a Zubat and ready to roll.

The Team:

Obama the Chimchar Lv. 8

Nature:Docile Ability:Blaze

Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember

Cobie the Starly Lv. 8

Nature: Rash Ability: Keen Eye

Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack

Dianna the Shinx Lv. 7

Nature: Hardy Ability: Rivalry

Moves: Tackle, Leer

Naya the Budew Lv. 6

Nature: Bashful Ability: Poison Point

Moves: Absorb, Growth

Lea the Zubat

Nature: Gentle Ability: Inner Focus

Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic

Last edited by mewshiny99: 2/9/2013 11:06:35 AM

Um first off, keep shinx, zubat, and chimchar. That is the best fire type in the game. Also where did you get those sprites

Quote from DarkAssassin21 »

Um first off, keep shinx, zubat, and chimchar. That is the best fire type in the game. Also where did you get those sprites

Sorry to dissapoint you but I dropped Zubat for now, as I already have Starly and she is awesome. Those sprites are the 3d sprites from the 3d pokedex, gained from going to the pokedex on this very site :)

Now on to the update:

Before training, I went to route 203, and caught an awesome but hard to catch pokemon, but Chimchar's taunt did help a lot. Maybe you can guess who Dumbledore is.....

Yes, He is an Abra. I gave him Hidden Power, and thought about seeing what type it is:

1. Starly-Super Effective Must be electric, rock or Ice, as all of them are effective against starly.

2. Budew-Not very effective So its rock or electric.

3. Geodude.....Drum roll it was.......Uneffective, didnt hurt geodude, so it is an electric type.

Then I made it to the Oreburgh Gate getting Rock Smash, and Le Blanc (Matt Le Blanc from Friends) and he is a......

Geodude, or as I call this one, ROCK SMASHER! So, onto Oreburgh, Kick barry in the face (no battle just me kicking him in the face) and then to the Oreburgh mine and I met an Onix called Heather, as in Heather Morris of glee.

After some more training this happened:

Monferno and Staravia will just be the best, and will definately help me through this nuzlocke. And then bye bye roark, as  Naya beat of the geodude and Onix, before Obama just battered that Cranidos. Back to Jubilife, kick team plasma in their goofy hair covered head, and then made the way through ravaged path to floaroma, when....

Two more evoloutions :) we then kicked more goofy little space men, and then went on to route 20....um 5 i think, and caught myself Wayne (rooney) the.....

Definately suits him right, a pink shellos ;)

anyway,  up through the route, and to eterna forest where we met Cheryl and her Chansey, and Frank (Lampard) the little buneary.

And now to training in the forest.

My team:

Obama the Monferno Lv. 16

Fury Swipes, Leer, Ember and Mach Punch

Cobie the Staravia Lv. 16

Tackle, Double Team, Quick Attack and Wing Attack

Dianna the Luxio Lv. 17

Tackle, Leer, Charge and Bite

Naya the Budew Lv. 16

Absorb, Growth, Mega Drain and Stun Spore

Dumbledore the Kadabra Lv. 17

Teleport, Hidden Power Electric and Confusion

Le Blanc the Geodude Lv. 5

MY ROCK SMASH SLAVE!!!

Last edited by mewshiny99: 2/10/2013 12:19:41 PM

Level 20- a good base level.

Having got everyone up to level 20 and having made it to the city of Eterna, I decidd to head to a pokemon center and trade twice. And this meant that......

Yeah, an Alakazam. LOVE IT.

After trashing Gardenia (Dianna ate the cherubi, turtwig was blown away by Cobie and Alakazam confused roserade), we had to kick some stupid space people AGAIN. Jupiter was battered. Now, we headed down to Oreburgh on my bike. In route 206, I caught Timothy (Vine) and evolved Naya...

Yeah, a Bronzor and a Roselia. Roselia is going to be an awesome powerhouse, and I am so happy that Naya has evolved. Back at Oreburgh once I received the vs seeker I revived a fossil.

David (Mitchell) the Shieldon. He will not be used unless needed. Back to heading to Mount Coronet, when we meet head space twerp, Mr. Cyrus. Then we went through to Hearthome City, where we did a contest and beat Barry. Onto route 209, we caught a....

Bibarel. Schwimmer,  After david schwimmer. And we hatched in hearthome our little cutie pie:

Melissa. She gets the exp. share for now.

No team update for now. till next time.

Rain is not a good combat area....

We did the Lost Tower first up, and we managed to catch....

Meryl. After her last body (Krookodile) was destroyed in an intense battle with the elite 4, she disapeared only to return as a gastly, in  this runthrough. We got the HM for strength. Then we headed through Solaceon and onto route 215, via the other route, where I hadn't got any pokemon, after I killed a Bonsly. On route 215 I caught a....

Bonnie has also returned to the game. Once we were nearly at veilstone there where two ace trainers, and they battered:

Naya the Roselia Lv. 26

Cobie the Staravia Lv. 25

Dianna the Luxio Lv. 25

And then we made it to Veilstone, but as I went back to train Meryl evolved

The Team is:

Obama the Monferno Lv. 30

Dumbledore the Alakazam Lv. 30

Meryl the Haunter Lv. 26

Back with a bomb in celestic....

I have finally returned to pokemon pearl having spend a large amount of time on pokemon emerald, as that is a timed nuzlocke so have to get through that quick. Anyway, I left off with just three pokemon in Obama, Dumbledore and Meryl and needed to quickly regroup and train cause that Lucario of maylene's would be a trouble maker. thankfully everyone was trained up well (Obama and Dumbledore, I couldn't find where to train Meryl safely) and the gym was no problem as Dumbledore destroyed the gym. I then added to the ranks a main team member from the manic cave as in their are a geodude and the RARE hippopotas. and because I already had a geodude, it meant I could catch Amanda (Seyfried) and add her to the ranks. On to Pasotria then back through to Hearhome and then back (just for the exp. from trainers) We battled both Wake and Barry. Both where defeated comfortably, as was that pointless little grunt from team galactic. Cynthia gave us the super potion and then we did some training for everyone. Lea was back (the zubat) and then she and Amanda where up to Lv. 34, while Lisa the psyduck became our water type. we made our way to celestic town. Here we heard that a bomb was here via more space freaks. Lea shows why She should stick around this time with a bang. Then we got given HM Surf but to use that we need to return to Hearthome City to get that badge.

I also caught some new pokemon they are the following;

Alan (Rickman) the Kricketune Lv. 24 Route 214

Seth (McFarlane) the Pichu Lv. 16 Trophy Garden

Fred (Mercury) the Wooper Lv. 18 Route 212

Ronnie the Machop Lv. 5 Route 207

Daniel (radcliffe) the Girafarig Lv. 21 Valor Lakefront

(David) Tennant the Buizel Lv. 21 Route 213

Yoda the Meditite Lv. 25 Route 210

For the Great Marsh I caught two pokemon as I went for one pokemon per area and there are 6 areas, so I failed with FOUR catches;

Lisa (Kudrow) the Psyduck Level 24.

and Cheryl (Cole) the Skrupi Level 24.

Oh joy another delay in updates. But this is with good reason.  I have recently acquired pokemon black 2, and since wednesday (when I got it) I have played it nearly no stop (give for school, food, TF2 and sleep), this does mean yet more delays, but I shall return. Don't panic. Just won't be updating till after I finish Pokemon Black 2.

Also, if I fail this nuzlocke of pearl miserably, Which of Turtwig or Piplup should be my next starter.

Quote from mewshiny99 »

Oh joy another delay in updates. But this is with good reason.  I have recently acquired pokemon black 2, and since wednesday (when I got it) I have played it nearly no stop (give for school, food, TF2 and sleep), this does mean yet more delays, but I shall return. Don't panic. Just won't be updating till after I finish Pokemon Black 2.

Also, if I fail this nuzlocke of pearl miserably, Which of Turtwig or Piplup should be my next starter.

Hmm, I'd say easier option would be Turtwig, harder option Piplup. So it just depends on how difficult you want to make it for yourself.

Are you not using the Trainer ID Method of choosing a starter then?

IGN: Amy

Gone through 50 Drilbur eggs, and still don't have the 5 IV Adamant flawless that I wanted (using 5 IV Drilbur plus 6 IV Ditto): WHY ARCEUS WHY?

My Trade Shop

Quote from AuburnEnigma »

Quote from mewshiny99 »

Hmm, I'd say easier option would be Turtwig, harder option Piplup. So it just depends on how difficult you want to make it for yourself.

Are you not using the Trainer ID Method of choosing a starter then?

Well, I did for my Pokemon White Nuzlocke, then for my emerald welocke and then nuzlocke I picked Mudkip, so on this one I chose Chimchar. But if I fail I don't want to start with Chimchar again, and I want some reader input.

Hmm, fair enough then.

You don't say whether you've used a grass-type before on a challenge - if you haven't then pick Turtwig. If you have, then I'd suggest Piplup.

IGN: Amy

Gone through 50 Drilbur eggs, and still don't have the 5 IV Adamant flawless that I wanted (using 5 IV Drilbur plus 6 IV Ditto): WHY ARCEUS WHY?

My Trade Shop

I have used 1 of each type (Snivy, Mudkip and Chimchar) so I think I may return to a grass type at some point. but I wouldnt mind a challenge. may go for piplup if i ridiculously fail.

Hopefully will update this tomorrow. Have had a lot of work at school to do, plus doing the nuzlocke forums posts and playing all the games I have to do is a lot to fit in. But I do it, cause It gives me something to do.

Luck is on my side...

I made my way back to face fantina, and managed to survive with Amanda, Meryl and Obama defeating Drifblim, Mismagius and Gengar respectively, with Meryl nearly losing her life. I then did every surf route accesible for now, excluding the canalave leading route, so that gained some levels, plus two new friends Elvis the Gastrodon (route 221) and (Matthew) Perry the Pachirisu (fuego ironworks) . I also deposited Amanda and will have to replace her at some point.  I really got lucky, with both Obama (surviving a psybeam) and Dumbledore (Surviving bite with 2 hp) dodging death.

Sorry for the short update but nothing much really happened.

My team:

(No 3d image) Obama the Infernape Level 38 (Black Belt) Shadow Claw, Flamethrower, Brick Break and Close Combat.

Been my main man since I picked him over Turtwig and Piplup. Maybe one day, he will earn a bro badge.

Lea the Crobat Level 37 (Shell Bell) Fly, Confuse Ray, Aerial Ace and Giga Drain.

Was put in the box as She was hard to train but once Cobie died, She came back to show me that "She has the power", and has definately earned herself a bro badge for coming back with a bang.

Dumbledore the Alakazam Level 28 (Twisted Spoon) Calm Mind, Hidden Power Electric, Psyco Cut and Psybeam.

Destroyer of Maylene, He has been a powerhouse since I got him and has made sure that not even a bite could take him down. Bro Badge for beating Maylene single handed.

Meryl the Gengar Level 39 (Spooky Plate) Poison Jab, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch.

Has shown me what perseverance has to offer as from that little ball of gas, a giant demon with a poisonous attitude has emerged.

Lisa the Golduck Level 37 (Splash Plate) Surf, Flash, Confusion and Brine.

Has had some good battles, but hasn't really had the chance to shine. With Byron coming up, this should be fun.

This run is cancelled. I can't be asked anymore with pokemon Pearl. I don't really enjoy it at all, it is not at all interesting to me one bit. That is all.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes