This thread was Locked by bridog77.

Arrow's Black 2 Bug Monotype Run... Post-Game Now.

Poll: What should my next challenge be?

What should my next challenge be? - Single Choice

• Rock Monotype No Restricitons (B2) 54.5%
  • Rock Monotype with Level Cap (B2) 0%
  • Black 2 Ultimate Challenge 36.4%
  • Black 2 Scramble with RU, NU, and UU tier Pokemon 0%
  • Black 2 Unevolved Challenge with no Evolved Pokemon already caught 0%
  • Challenge That Someone Makes Up And Send Me The Rules Of For Black 2 9.1%

This poll has ended as of 6/30/2013 12:00:00 AM

Hi, Arrow is back. And yes, I do realize I have other challenges open, but I did PM the moderators to lock them. Now, I want to do a Bug Monotype in Black 2. But, I do need some help.

1. I need a naming theme. I will trade over a Caterpie and a Surskit from my sister's White so I can use them. Those are two of my favorite bug types and I will NOT do a challenge without them.

2. If I do NOT do a naming theme and Caterpie is a male, he will be Lettuce (after Marriland's Butterfree of course). If female, she will be Kitty (when I read the Manga in a translated version, apparently Yellow's Butterfree was named 'Kitty' or 'Freesk').

Rules of the Monotype: (copied and pasted from the rules)

Monotype Challenge
    Wanna be just like a gym leader and play through the game with all your Pokémon being the same type? Then this challenge may be exactly what you're looking for. ~

Rules:
    1. Whatever type you choose, you can ONLY use that type for the whole playthrough. You may NOT switch mid-game; You choose electric, you're sticking with electric until the end!
    2. You may not use two Pokémon from the same evolution family. If your type is grass, for example, you cannot use both Vileplume and Bellossom.
    3. Dragon, Ghost, and Ice types are banned from this challenge, as they're incredibly scarce in-game. Different games have different accessibility to types, so try not to choose a type that's way too limited for the game you're playing. (Example: You definitely do not want to choose Fire for your Pearl Monotype, but it'd be fine for a Black 2 Monotype.)
    4. You may use a Pokémon who is not the type you chose, but is going to be in the future. For example, if your type is Flying, you can start with Charmander and keep it because it will eventually be a Charizard, which is part flying.
    5. Yes, this means dual types are completely allowed!
    6. If your starter isn't (and never will be) your type, you can still use it, until you are able to catch a Pokémon of your type. Then your starter must be released/permanently boxed.
    7. You are allowed 2 trades total for each Monotype challenge. This includes trading from another game to obtain a Pokémon you couldn't normally get until later, and in-game trades. (Trading solely to evolve your Pokémon does not count toward this rule and is always permitted.)

Additional Rules I am implementing: 

1. All traded Pokemon will be traded at level 1-10 (with the exception of trading for evolution), depending on my point in the game (I will be trading for Caterpie and Surskit, and my evolution trade- which does not count to the trade rule- is for Accelgor/ Escavalier.

2. Everything MUST have a nickname.

3. Shiny Clause is enabled.

Please give me some feedback. Especially if I should do a name theme and what will it be. 

Optional choices for Naming Theme:

1. Foods or a subcategory of foods (like meats, veggies, fruits, candy/ chocolate/ fatty stuff, grains, etc.)

2. Sodas and drinks

3. Mythical creatures

4. Elements

5. Harry Potter

6. Random puns on the names or body structures (like how Marriland named Starly Starwing and Monferno Firebutt and Psyduck Aquaducked). 

Please let me know which I should pick and thanks. :)

Credit goes to Pokenerd

My own shinies: Ralts [f], Torchic [m], Goomy [f], Gothita [f], Eevee [m]. Honedge [m], Rotom, Charmander [m].

Credit to Etoruu for the banner.

My nickname is based on a character from a Pokemon story of mine... Zane Angelis.

Hm, I kinda like the elemental naming theme, of the ones you offered.

And of course i'll watch this one :)

Hello Arrow, good to see that you are doing a challenge, so I'm definitely following ! As for the nicknaming theme, I kinda agree with Nova, the elemental thing seems cool.

Bug should be a little hard but with Butterfree and Masquarian (sorry If I misspelled it) you should be fine, plus, black 2 has some awesome pokemon, Accelgor, Escaliveir (again sorry for spelling), Crustle (personal fav), and some other interesting pokemons.

well good luck.

~ Anime Club V2 ~ | Professional2341 on Smogon :]

^ Reference from One Piece manga :]

This sounds like it will be interesting! But I do have a question; when you say elements, do you mean Periodic Table elements (such as Copper, Hydrogen, etc.) or are you going for more of a "nature's elements" sort of thing? Either way, I think using the elements theme would be cool. Personal preference, of course.

But I wish you luck on your challenge, and I hope everything goes well! I'll be with you every step of the way if you'd like. :)

~Sammie

i like the elments too and i will keep an eye on you

Fc: 2251-5667-7787 

ign: Destrusto

Come visit me at Pikamasters Fast and easy trade shop

Il'd say mythical creatures. CHIMERA DO CHIMERA, NO MEDUSA DO MEDUSA!

I'll follow this, but I'll have to see your progress on Monday.

FC for X/Y: 3866-8489-7848 l FS: POISON (Swalot, Kakuna + ???) 

The Dimensional Romp RP

Random doodles and drawings

I vote for harry potter also good luck :)

I like random puns. THEY ARE PUNNY!

Watch Rave Wurmple. You know you want to.

So far it seems that elements are winning. By elements, I mean the periodic table of course. Like Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Gold, Sulfur, Silver, Platinum, etc. I might also use the natural elements too, but in different languages, like how Bhumi is earth in Buddhism and Agni is fire in Buddhism (Avatar anyone?).

The mythical creatures and Harry Potter and random puns are all tied for second. But looks like elements for the win. And glad that so many people will follow.

Credit goes to Pokenerd

My own shinies: Ralts [f], Torchic [m], Goomy [f], Gothita [f], Eevee [m]. Honedge [m], Rotom, Charmander [m].

My nickname is based on a character from a Pokemon story of mine... Zane Angelis.

Well then, started on the challenge. I got myself well acquainted with the game, so this is not a near blind play through. So far though, it has been good. My team is nice and strong. So here is the adventure.

I started off as a boy named Kyouhei (Nate). My rival was Hue (Hugh). This was actually my first time playing as a boy in Black 2, so it proved to be interesting. Professor Juniper shrunk my down to a tiny sprite and I went home to play video games.

Well, apparently, Aurea Juniper called my mom and told her that Bianca was in town. Ok, what does that have to do with me? My mom interrupted me from playing my Call of Duty Black Ops II game on the WII U... I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WIN **** IT! Now I have to restart that entire level/mission/quest and gain all those levels back (I only play Pokemon, Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy series, and Kingdom Hearts, so I do not know if it is a mission/level/quest).

Mom: Do you want to have a Pokemon?

Me: NO! ALL I WANT TO DO IS TO PLAY ON MY WII U! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Mom: Well, Kyouhei, you need to stop this obsessive gaming. You don't even see Hue anymore, as he is your best friend. So now, you WILL get a Pokemon!!! >:(

Well, I could not argue with my mom's tone. I grumbled and walked out of the two roomed house, and found Hue and his sister. Hue found out that I was getting a Pokemon and urged me on while his sister told me to take care of it. What does she take me for--- A pet abuser? Then again... I could abandon it and say that it ran away... No that is too cruel...

I met Bianca and she gave me a Snivy. I obviously did not want to keep him, so I named him 'Not Used'. Well, apparently he hated me, because we had our first battle with Hue... And I lost. How? Hue gained a Critical Hit and knocked out Not Used, in one hit (after he had already knocked out about 1-4 of Snivy's health already). And Not Used was about to win too (Tepig had a red pixel of health left). Great.

I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my team... Er one member team. After Not Used was healed, I got my shoes and two Town Maps, and Bianca showed me how to catch a Pokemon... Like I couldn't figure out how to that myself... Well, my first catch was a Purrloin named Defiance, who was a dark type. I didn't bother to look into his stats or anything, so I took him with me to Flocessy, where Alder jumped out from a cliff. He scared the living daylights out of me and I wondered how he survived the fall. He said that he will take me as his student, but then he noticed that I had two Town Maps, and instructed me where to find Hue. I went to the route close to the ranch and encountered a Sewaddle, which I named Platinum.

I wanted to make my Sewaddle strong, and raise a bug team, as they are looked down upon. So, I began training Platinum to level 8, and battled Hue. Hue's Tepig used Tail Whip, while I used Bug Bite, getting a Critical Hit. Hue used Tackle, taking away about one-fourth, and I used another Bug Bite, which finished him off. Then we heard about the missing Herdier and I searched for the dog, encountering Team Plasma and finally finding Herdier.

I went back and battled two schoolkids in Alder's house. One had Panpour and the other had Pansear, which Platinum took out easily. Then, I walked into Cheren's gym in Aspertia.

After battling the two trainers, the boss battle came up...

Boss Battle Cheren:

So, Platinum took the lead with Bug Bite. Patrat derped around a bit with Work Up, instead of attacking, which was Cheren's mistake. Platinum's next Bug Bite killed Patrat. Platinum went up to 14.

I was afraid of Lillipup. Platinum started off with Bug Bite, doing 1/3 HP damage. Lillipup used Work Up. Next turn, Lillipup attacked first with Tackle for 1/3 of Platinum's HP, and Platinum used Bug Bite again for another 1/3. Lillipup used Tackle again, getting Platinum to 12/37 HP (or something like that). Platinum used the last Bug Bite, which sealed the deal.

Well, after that hectic battle with Cheren, I got the badge and the C-Gear. I traded my Surskit (Curium) at level 9 and Metapod (Sulfur) at level 10. Then, training commenced.

And here's the team:

Name: Platinum the Male Sewaddle

Nature: Lax, Somewhat of a Clown

Ability: Chlorophyll

Level: 14

Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite, ---

Other Words: You have been a real buddy, taking on the first gym on your own. I will never underestimate bug types again.

Name: Sulfur the Male Metapod

Nature: Calm, Often Dozes Off

Ability: Shed Skin

Level: 10

Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, ---, ---

Other Words: I have used a Butterfree before and hope you live up to her (Kitty the Butterfree). You will make her proud.

Name: Curium the Male Surskit

Nature: Gentle, Impetuous and Silly

Ability: Swift Swim

Level: 9

Attacks: Bubble, Quick Attack, ---, ---

Other Words: I have always loved Surskit and hoped that you will do well in the future. May you evolve to a wondrous Masquerain.

Well, I am not focusing on natures and added benefits, but I do know that I do not have the most beneficial nature for some of my team members. Also, yes, feedback will be appreciated.

Credit goes to Pokenerd

Yay for starting the adventure and beating Cheren.

I have good hopes for this, should be nice. Hopefully Roxie won't be much problem!

YES!!! YOU WILL HAVE A BUTTERFREE !!!!!! I like butterfrees, I like Masquerain and surskit, I think his type is very unique. AND YES, another bug monotype, SHOW THEM WHAT BUG POKEMON CAN DO !

good luck on roxie, I think you should get Venipede though. It helped me with the first gyms.

~ Anime Club V2 ~ | Professional2341 on Smogon :]

^ Reference from One Piece manga :]

Yes I will get a Venipede. No clue what to name it yet. Any suggestions?

Credit goes to Pokenerd

You could name it Mercury. Mercury's toxic when ingested and Venipede is part Poison type. Just a suggestion. ^^

~Sammie

Thank you very much. Mercury it is.

Credit goes to Pokenerd

Let's pretend this is Monday, okay? Anyways, great update. You sure did do a lot in such a short period of time. Can't wait to see your Venipede, I've always wanted to use Venipede.

The Dimensional Romp RP

Thank you so much and yes, I need that Venipede. I went searching the Virbank Complex, ends up they were on Route 20 and my team even fainted. Not fun.

Credit goes to Pokenerd

Ok, thanks for all the feedback. I beat Cheren on the first try for all those who want to know. And an update...

I went to Route 20 where Bianca told me about the shaking grass... Like I didn't know about that already. I beat the hiker and Sulfur evolved into Butterfree, but did not learn Confusion, as he evolved at level 11. Now, what will I defeat Roxie with? Well, I talked to Cheren about the Double Grass and Hue went to train in them. I beat a set of twins with two Sunkern, causing Sulfur to learn Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, and Poison Powder at once. I kept Stun Spore and Sleep Powder, figuring they were better than Poison Powder, as I had a Poison gym to go to.

I went to Virbank and saw Roxie arguing with her dad and calling him a lot of inappropriate d-words. She walked off to the gym and I went to Virbank Complex, in the double grass, thinking there was Venipede there. Well, my entire team fainted in Virbank Complex against some fire and electric types (Magnemite and Magby), and I looked online to find out that Venipede was in Route 20. I hurried to Route 20 with Sulfur and Curium out in front, and battled a Venipede, which I put to sleep with Sulfur's Sleep Powder. Then, Mercury, the female Venipede, joined the team. I really was hoping for Poison Point, not that it will help in the gym any, but Mercury had Swarm. I was too lazy to catch like three Venipede until I got one with Poison Point, so I left her on my team, once I also realized that Swarm is more beneficial.

I went to Virbank Complex and started training, causing my Pokemon to faint to those Double Slapping Audino multiple times (I never blacked/ whited out though). I raised Platinum the Sewaddle to 20, causing him to evolve. Everyone else was at level 18. Then, I stormed into the gym.

Using only Platinum, with his Tackle, Bug Bite, and Razor Leaf, I took down the two gym trainers. I healed at the center and headed for Roxie.

Boss Battle:

I sent out Platinum the Swadloon and used a series of Bug Bite and Tackle, while Koffing managed to take away 1/8th of my HP with 3 Smogs. Platinum went up to level 21 and, then came the big one... Whirlipede.

Well, one Venoshock managed to knock about an extra 6/8 of Platinum's HP, so I switched him for Mercury. Mercury the Venipede started off with Defense Curl, until I remembered that Venoshock was a Special move, not Physical one. Well, there goes that strategy. Mercury used two Screeches and was put on to red by the Venoshock. I used a Fresh Water, as I had no Potions, and then used Roll Out. I gained a Critical Hit and practically OHKO-ed it. Yay!

Platinum evolved into Leavanny, and that made me happy. All that was left for Curium to evolve at 25 (when he learns Bubble Beam) and for Mercury to evolve at 22. Then, Roxie gave me the badge, and I got invited to Pokestars Studio to make a ridiculously long movie. I went to the Pokemon Center to heal and then went to the studio.

And the team:

Name: Platinum the Male Leavanny

Nature: Lax, Somewhat of a Clown

Ability: Chlorophyll

Level: 21

Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf

Other Words: You have been a real buddy, taking on the first gym on your own. I will never underestimate bug types again.

Name: Sulfur the Male Butterfree

Nature: Calm, Often Dozes Off

Ability: Shed Skin

Level: 18

Attacks: Tackle, Gust, Sleep Powder, Supersonic

Other Words: I have used a Butterfree before and hope you live up to her (Kitty the Butterfree). You will make her proud. And, you have earned the respectful title as 'Audino Killer'.

Name: Curium the Male Surskit

Nature: Gentle, Impetuous and Silly

Ability: Swift Swim

Level: 19

Attacks: Bubble, Quick Attack, Sweet Scent, Water Sport

Other Words: You are really being a bit difficult to train with your weak attacks, but training you will be worth it in the end, given that you can learn Ice Beam.

Name: Mercury the Female Venipede

Nature: Bashful, Alert to Sounds

Ability: Swarm

Level: 19

Attacks: Defense Curl, Roll Out, Poison Tail, Screech

Other Words: You were awesome in Roxie's Gym and took those Venoshocks like a boss. I am so proud of you for showing that Whirlipede who was triumphant.

Well, that is that. While Surskit evolves at 22, I will evolve him at 25, so he can learn Bubble Beam, instead of Bubble. Also, I want a Galvantula, Crustle, Durant, Pinsir/ Heracross (preferably Heracross), Escavalier/ Accelgor, Volcarona, and a Vespiquen/ Combee.

Credit goes to Pokenerd

Niiiiice. Good luck catching a female Combee. I ended up cheating to get one... Oh well! At least mine was shiny! Looks like waffles!

Anyways, this challenge is really good. And you take our gym leaders very quickly, which is also nice. Butterfree and Leavanny are among my favorite Bug type, and I also like Scizor because the steel type is one of my three favorite types.

For Platinum, I recommend teaching him Sunny Day and Swords Dance. Then with Leaf Blade and powerful attacking move of your choice, he will be invincible! Invincible I tell you! Fast and deadly!

The Dimensional Romp RP

Ah, thank you. Yeah, I figured an Attack booster and Chlorophyll will help him. May give him a bug move as his last slot or Poison Jab. 

Credit goes to Pokenerd

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes