Pokemon Relations. [Chapter 4]

Hey guys. I've always been interested in writing, but I've never really had a go. I'm normally used to writing essays rather than stories, but as I have a lot of spare time this summer, I thought I may as well try writing a story. Here it is. I hope you like it. Feel free to comment on the story or about punctuation, grammar, or anything in particular, criticism drives me. I have already taken on board suggestions and criticism and used it to better the story line. I'd like to thank you before hand for any input you make towards this fan-fic. Although it is my story, I'd like the readers to enjoy it. So please, if you feel that anything is wrong with a chapter, tell me and I'll explain what is going on, or see what I can do. Thanks again, and enjoy.

Pokémon: Relations

There's more to the Pokémon Universe than Pokémon. 

Main Characters:

Ben:

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Green

About: Ben is passionate about Pokemon. He brings out the best in Pokemon. His dream is to become as good as his idol, Red.

Lottie:

Eyes: Brown

About: The only girl from Pallet Town. A care free trainer who battles for fun. She tries her best in every battle and her best often surprises her. Lottie is best friends with Ben, Daniel and Lucas.

Lucas:

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

About: A care free, easy going trainer who dreams of one day being the next Professor of Kanto. Lucas is best friends with Ben, Lottie and Daniel.

Daniel:

Eyes: Green

About: Ben's younger brother. A stubborn trainer who just wants the strongest Pokemon in his party. His want for power blinds him. He is also friends with Lottie and Lucas, but could it be through choice, or force?

[Please Read:]

This fan fiction follows four teenage trainers on their Pokemon journey across Kanto. The story will loosely follow the direction of the Pokemon games Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen and have battle scenarios, strategies and logic that is close to what it is in the Pokemon Anime. As well as those factors, there will be my own personal additions to Pokemon battles, logic and other factors that I feel could be more realistic/better for the storyline.

Prologue:

Ever since I was little, I always wanted to follow in the footsteps of the greatest Pokemon trainer in Kanto; Red. As I was growing up he was my hero, my idol. Living in Pallet town I was able to watch him train and see him grow into the trainer he is today. I watched him from my bedroom window in awe. I never spoke to him, I was too scared! He was the cool kid on campus. He was too busy for the likes of me. At least, thats what I thought.

His story was what inspired me into starting my own Pokemon journey. I wanted to test my own skills as a trainer, to see how good I could become. I've always had a connection with Pokemon, I love them, each and everyone of them.

I've always gotten along with my fathers Pokemon, they're like my best friends, other than Lottie and Lucas of course, they're my real best friends. Lottie is the neighbours daughter, I've known her all my life. And the same goes for Lucas, I've known him since I can remember. He lives across the green with his parents. As we're three out of the four children that live in Pallet, it's only natural we all became friends.

The other child? Oh, that's my brother, Daniel. He's three years younger than we are. He's also our friend. We made a promise to him to wait until he was 12 to start our Pokemon journey. That would make Lucas and I 15 and Lottie 14, but we didn't care, as long as we had each other...  

Chapter 1: The Beginning.

Chapter 2: An Unexpected Trip.

Chapter 3: Rattata-Rattata-Rattata-Rattata.

Chapter 4: Pokedex, Pokeballs, Pokemon.

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/16/2013 12:18:20 PM

The idea of having such a strong bond with animals; where they love you unconditionally and would fight, or even die for you; is why I love Pokémon.

"We do have a lot in common. The same earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of what's different, well, who knows?" - Meowth

Chapter One: The Beginning.

PEEEEEKA! PEEEEEKA! PEEEEEKA! PEEEEEKA! PEEEEEKA!

“Is it 9am already?”

Ben awoke to the familiar sound of his Pikachu alarm clock. He sat up on his bed and stretched his arms out.

“I hate getting up early.” Ben said with a yawn. He turned his Pikachu alarm off and rubbed his eyes. He stood up, stretched again and opened his curtains. The sunlight blinds him momentarily, but as soon as his eyes have adjusted, he looks out across Pallet Town.

The sun is warm and bright, the sky is clear and dreamy blue. The grass is as green as it has ever been before and glistens in the sun. The grass and tree leaves gently sway in the soft, cool breeze. Bird Pokemon chirp their good morning songs while others fly around in celebration of a new and exciting day. Bug Pokemon are also making noises, playing and chasing one another. Today was going to be a good day.

And how could it not? Today is the day where Ben, Lottie, Lucas and Daniel all begin their Pokemon Adventure. Ben dressed as quickly as he could and sprinted down the stairs. He ran into the kitchen where he was greeted by his father.

“Good afternoon, Ben, what time do you call this?” His father joked. Ben's father, Michael, was a stay at home dad who looked after both Ben and Daniel. Everything the boys knew about Pokemon was taught to them by their father, or through stories of the towns favourite Pokemon Trainer, Red. Their mother was away a lot with work. The boys didn't know what kind of work exactly, they just knew she was away a lot. And because she was away a lot, their father had to raise the boys almost single handedly, and he did a great job of it.

“I hope you aren't going to see Sam like that, Ben. You look ridiculous!”

Ben looked down, in his rush and excitement to get ready he had put his shirt on backwards and his jacket on inside out!

“Thanks, Dad,' Ben said while rearranging his clothing, “That would have been embarrassing if you hadn't said.”

“HAHA! That's okay. Now, you best hurry along, Daniel got up extra early and is already making his way over to see Professor Oak.”

“But what about breakfast?” Ben asked.

“No time! Go! Go! GO!”

And with that, Ben ran out of the door and headed for Oaks Lab.

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/12/2013 3:22:36 PM

The idea of having such a strong bond with animals; where they love you unconditionally and would fight, or even die for you; is why I love Pokémon.

"We do have a lot in common. The same earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of what's different, well, who knows?" - Meowth

Cool story plz continue il try to come continuously.

This is an awesome story. Can't wait for this 

IGN: Dan Here's my shop. PM me if interested in anything:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUwTrLrN1Jq3YGVaNBRb2EjiZ8YvWFYfTViKLhte6QQ Good site. --------->http://www.bringvictory.com/

Quote from BenjinaUK »

Feel free to comment on the story or about punctuation, grammar, or anything in particular, criticism drives me.

Good.

A criticism which I do have with your story is that it's too short. You hardly got anything done in the first chapter apart from waking up. If this is an indication on how fast the plot is going to go - I'm not going to carry on reading. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Grammar's okay - I especially like the indents at the start of each paragraph. Having the speech in italics is annoying though and  kinda makes it hard to read. You don't have to italicise it, speech marks will do just fine :)

PS - I'm calling on the mother being in a criminal organisation. 

Previously Basilisking

@Pokechampion Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I intend to continue this as long as I have free time.

@sephiroth112 I'm glad you're enjoying it, and just for you, I've written the second chapter today! I'll post it shortly.

Quote from Basilisking »

Good.

A criticism which I do have with your story is that it's too short. You hardly got anything done in the first chapter apart from waking up. If this is an indication on how fast the plot is going to go - I'm not going to carry on reading. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Grammar's okay - I especially like the indents at the start of each paragraph. Having the speech in italics is annoying though and  kinda makes it hard to read. You don't have to italicise it, speech marks will do just fine :)

PS - I'm calling on the mother being in a criminal organisation. 

Fear not. The first chapter was just the beginning. I wanted it to be a sort of, second prologue. To ease the reader into the story just a little more. I plan to make the chapters from now on at around the 1,000-2,000 word mark. At the moment, there's nothing much really exciting happening, so I feel the chapters don't need to be so long, otherwise they could feel dragged out and a bit boring, so they're going to be kept at around the 1,000 word mark. But as soon as the story kicks in, I plan to increase the word count per chapter to between 1,000-2,000 or even more. I just don't want them to be too long...

Also, apologies for the italics. I thought it looked pretty good but reading through it I understand what you mean. I think I'll leave italics for emphasis from now on.

And not even i know what the mother does...or do I? ;)

[EDIT] - I have edited the italics from the first chapter. It looks so much better now.

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/12/2013 3:23:20 PM

Chapter Two: An Unexpected Trip.

With the wind whistling in his ears, Ben run as fast as he could to catch up with his brother. He didn't want to arrive last, he didn't want Professor Oak to think he was less eager than Daniel! His heart rate increased, making a pounding in his ears. His heartbeat, accompanied with the winds whistle, made for quite a catchy tune, and as Ben started to enjoy it, BANG! The whistle in his ears had disappeared and had been replaced with the rustling of grass and leaves. Ben had tripped and was now rolling along the floor, he reached out to try and hold onto something to stop himself rolling. THUD! He finally came to a stop, after hitting a wall face first.

“Ouch. What just happened?” Ben said as he tried to sit himself upright. After his dizzy vision adjusted, Ben looked back up the path to try and see what caused him to fall, but saw nothing. “Must have been an untied shoelace?” Ben looked toward his feet, but noticed his shoelaces were still done up. Ben composed himself, still feeling dizzy he stumbled to his feet. Once stood up, he brushed himself down and,

-Meow-

“What was that?” Ben thought. "It sounded like a Pokemon." Ben looked around, “Where did that noise come from?”

-Meow-

There is was again. But it was even more feint this time. Ben walked towards where he though the sound came from, and there, just in the grass, was a curled up Meowth.

“Hey there you, I'm sorry, I think I may have tripped over you,” Ben said as he knelt down beside it, “What are you doing here? Sunbathing?” Ben placed a reassuring hand on the Meowth,

“Mee...” The Meowth clearly wasn't sunbathing, it looked injured and weak.

“What's wrong, did I hurt you?” Ben asked. There was no reply this time. Not a sound. Ben picked the Meowth up slowly and cradled it in his arms. The Meowth had no visible cuts or bruises, nor did it have any raised bumps or bruises. It was heavier than Ben was expecting though, “Let's take you to Professor Oak, see if he can help you.”

By now Ben had forgotten all about what day it was. He'd forgotten all about trying to beat his brother to the laboratory. He'd forgotten that today is the day that his Pokemon Journey begins. For now, all that mattered to him, was the Meowth. Ben walked slowly towards the Pokemon laboratory, incase any sudden movement startled or hurt the Meowth.

As Ben walked around the front of the Laboratory, he noticed Lottie waiting by the door.

“Hey Ben!” She shouted, “What took you so long? The Professor said 9:15, it's nearly half past, what kept you?”

“Lottie, could you open the door for me please? I think this Meowth is hurt.”

“Oh my,” Lottie said surprised, “sure, Daniel and Lucas are in there with Professor Oak now. I wanted to wait for you. What happened to the Meowth?”

"I don't know, I think I may have hurt it." Ben said as he walked through the door, "I think I stood on it and now it seems to be in a lot of pain. As the nearest Pokemon Centre isn't until Viridian, I though Professor Oak could help?" As he walked closer to the Professor he started to hear what he was telling Lucas and Daniel.

“...and so you see, rather than let you choose your life companion, I've decided that this time, fate shall choose your Pokemon for you...Ben! Is that a Pokemon you have there?” Oak asked.

“Yes Professor, I'm sorry I'm late but I think I've hurt this Meowth. I tripped over it and found it curled up in pain in the grass, and thought that maybe you could help?”

“Let me see." Oak said as he walked forward to inspect the injured Pokemon. Professor Oak examined the Pokemon, he looked for any obvious signs of injury and examined the Meowth with his stethoscope, "Ah, I see. Daisy?” Oak called, “Could you take this Meowth and give it a check over for me? See if you can find what's wrong with her, I'll be over to help you as soon as I can.”

“Yes, Grandad,” a voice replied. From behind him, a twenty-something female tapped Ben on the shoulder. “I'll take her from you, if you like?” she said.

“Y-yeah, sure.” Ben replied as he started to hand over the Meowth, “Please be careful though, it's really weak.”

“It's in good hands now, Ben. You did the right thing bringing it here. It was very selfless of you, especially on a day like this.” She replied.

“Thank you, Daisy.” Oak said “If you didn't already know, kids, that was my granddaughter, Daisy; Blues older sister.”

Ben watched as Daisy walked away with the Meowth. He couldn't help but feel that he was the cause to the Meowths misery. Although he felt guilty, he was reassured by Daisy's words.

“Ben, thank you for bringing the Meowth to me. You may have even saved some lives. She's going to be fine. Now let's get to the matter at hand. As I was saying to Daniel and Lucas,” Oak said excitedly, “for you four eager trainers-to-be, I have decided to spice things up a little, mainly for my entertainment.” He said with a grin. “I have decided that rather than let you choose your own Pokemon, I'd let fate decide them for you. I shall explain more to you shortly. Meet me on the grass out back, I need to check on how Daisy is getting on with the Meowth. I shouldn't be too long.” And with that, Oak spun to his right, with a flick of his overcoat and walked hastily towards a back room.

“What do you think the Professor means by 'letting fate decide for us'?” Lottie asked the group.

“I have no idea,” Ben said, "I'm just glad the Meowth is going to be okay."

"I don't know either," Lucas said, “But it sure does sound like fun!” Lucas ran towards the back door, “Last one out is a rotten Exeggcute!”

The three remaining children smiled at each other and chased each other out the door.

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/15/2013 4:51:00 PM

@BenjinaUK: Yeah, that word length should be good good enough. Whenever I write something I always aim to go above 1,000 words. I chapter per 1,000 words I say. 

Yeah, italics are normally used to emphasise a point or used to demonstrate text in the story. The chapter looks a lot neater and easier on the eye now, thanks for changing it :)

EDIT: Wow, you ninja'd me with a chapter! xD

Okay, chapter two was much bigger and much better than the others - but that was to be expected. They were a few uncapitalised 'oak's and a couple of commas which I thought were misplaced but they weren't really anything to flame over. 

One thing though. You don't have to do this because I have no doubts it will break the tone of the story, but can we have a tiny bit of Urgency? When Ben ran to the lab with the injured Meowth we felt a sense of urgency. However when he got their everyones reactions were a bit "meh." Ben walked through the door, Lottie wanted to have a natter with Ben and seemingly ignored the Pokémon in Ben's arms. At this point I feel as if Ben just doesn't really care that much about the Meowth and then you show me nobody else does either! You go onto describe Ben watching a gorgeous Daisy (is he really going to be watching Daisy stunning legs, or will he actually give a **** about the Pokémon in her arms?) and Oak would rather talk to trainers than feeling obliged to treat an injured Pokémon. No concern was shown about the injured Meowth and that rather disappoints me. It's something which rather peeved me of - but it's your story, not mine. 

Last edited by Plato: 8/12/2013 4:03:48 PM

Previously Basilisking

Quote from Basilisking »

One thing though. You don't have to do this because I have no doubts it will break the tone of the story, but can we have a tiny bit of Urgency? When Ben ran to the lab with the injured Meowth we felt a sense of urgency. However when he got their everyones reactions were a bit "meh." Ben walked through the door, Lottie wanted to have a natter with Ben and seemingly ignored the Pokémon in Ben's arms. At this point I feel as if Ben just doesn't really care that much about the Meowth and then you show me nobody else does either! You go onto describe Ben watching a gorgeous Daisy (is he really going to be watching Daisy stunning legs, or will he actually give a **** about the Pokémon in her arms?) and Oak would rather talk to trainers than feeling obliged to treat an injured Pokémon. No concern was shown about the injured Meowth and that rather disappoints me. It's something which rather peeved me of - but it's your story, not mine. 

Thank you for your comment, and you know what? You were right. I read through the chapter again and realised that the Meowth seemed to have been forgotten about. Lottie didn't question Ben originally because she didn't expect him to have a Pokemon with him, let alone an injured one, and didn't know what to do. The part with Daisy, well, the idea was that Ben (being an adolescent male) was stunned by Daisy's appearance and temporarily forgot about his surroundings, but I didn't quite pull it off. In the next chapter I was going to elaborate on Ben and his feelings for the Meowth, but after reading through Chapter 2 again after reading your comment I felt that it needed to be done now rather than later. (If that makes any sense, I'm kinda drivelling now that it's 1:40AM here). I have also put in a bit more information hinting towards why the Meowth is poorly.

I have edited the second chapter if you would like to read it again? To see if the changes have improved the chapter or not.

Again I appreciate your input and criticism.

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/12/2013 7:42:28 PM

That's better than what you had before. That's the kind of reaction I would have expected :P 

Previously Basilisking

This is a awesome story. I think this should be the real television series, replacing Ash. I hope you keep on working like this: CREATING AWESOMENESS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D

IGN: Dan Here's my shop. PM me if interested in anything:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUwTrLrN1Jq3YGVaNBRb2EjiZ8YvWFYfTViKLhte6QQ Good site. --------->http://www.bringvictory.com/

Chapter 3: Rattata-Rattata-Rattata-Rattata.

“Haha! I beat you!” Daniel shouted back to Ben.

“Well, I never was a good runner!” Ben laughed.

“Awh, man! Does that mean I'm the rotten Exeggcute?” Lottie said with a pout.

“No, no! Girls can't be rotten,” Lucas said, “that makes Ben the loser.” he joked.

“Hahaha, very funny Lucas.” Ben replied sarcastically as he sat on the grass. The others joined him on the floor. They sat talking about which Pokemon they would have chosen if they had the chance.

“I would have chosen Charmander!” Daniel said, “He's got to be the strongest! He evolves into a Dragon for crying out loud! That's epic!”

“Well, I'd have found it hard to choose between Squirtle and Bulbasaur,” Lottie said, “They're just both too darn cute!”

“I agree,” Lucas added, “Both Squirtle and Bulbasaur are very cute, but so is Charmander. I think I'd have chosen Squirtle though. I love to swim, so Water would be my preferred choice. What about you Ben? Who would you have chosen?”

“I don't know.” Ben replied.

“What do you mean you don't know? You've had 15 years to think about it!” Daniel said bemused.

“I don't know who I'd have chosen.” Ben continued, “I guess which ever one I was drawn to at the time? They all have their strengths, and they each have their weaknesses. But I wouldn't want to choose one because of it's strength. It's going to be my companion for life. I want to feel a connection with it, not have it at my waist because of it's power or looks...”

“That's so stupid Ben,” Daniel snapped, “When is any of that going to matter in a battle? Your 'bond' isn't going to help you win, is it?!” Daniel laughed mockingly. Before Ben could reply, the back door to the laboratory opened and out emerged Professor Oak, carrying two suitcases.

“Now then children, this is what I was talking about!” Oak said enthusiastically. “This is how you're going to choose your Pokemon!” Oak placed the two suitcases on the floor in front of the children. One suitcase faced the children, the other faced Oak.

“What are these for Professor?” Lucas asked.

“Patience Lucas, for I was about to tell you. These suitcases contain Pokemon. This suitcase facing you,” Oak said as he opened the suitcase facing the children, “Contains 5 Pokeballs, each containing a different Pokemon. One of these will be your future companion. In my suitcase, are 4 more Pokemon, but these are the same kind of Pokemon. Rattata.” Oak said as he began to enter the combination to unlock his suitcase.

“So, why do you need those, Professor?” Daniel asked impatiently. Daniel was fidgeting, he couldn't keep still, he had his eyes on the Pokeballs, he couldn't wait to grab one and see what was inside.

“Why? Well, this is how we're going to choose your Pokemon. These Rattata...they don't really like children...well they don't really like being stuck inside this suitcase,” Oak explained as he struggled to keep the suitcase closed.

“Wait, those Rattata aren't in Pokeballs are they, Professor?!” Lottie asked.

“Well...no, not exactly.” Oak replied, “I'm struggling to keep this lid dow-OUCH!” Oak fell backwards holding his right hand, “One of them managed to bite me!” The suitcase fell to the floor and out fell four, rather angry Rattata. They all landed on their feet and all leant forward, as if they were about to pounce.

“Quickly!” Oak exclaimed, “Defend yourself with a Pokemon!” The four children leapt to their feet, each grabbing a Pokeball.

“GO! POKEMON!” They each shouted as they tossed the Pokeball to the ground. FLASH! A bright white light covered the surrounding area as each Pokemon was released from it's Pokeball. The Pokemon that emerged from the light were a Bulbasaur, who landed on his feet ready to battle; a Squirtle who came out of it's Pokeball spinning inside it's shell, it popped out of its shell and landed, sliding slightly on the grass, it looked ready to fight; a Charmander who front rolled in mid air then landed on it's feet, it exerted a puff of fire and eagerly waited for orders; and a Pikachu, it slid along the grass on all fours, it came to a stop and took up a similar pose to the Rattata, it's head down, staring out it's opponent.

“A Pikachu? I get a Pikachu?!” Daniel asked surprised, “Fine! Come on Pikachu, lets go! Thundershock!” Daniel ordered. The Pikachu leapt up into the air and curled into a ball. Stray sparks started to fly out from the Pikachu, then, with enormous might, Pikachu broke from the ball!

“PI-KA-CHUUUUU!” Pikachu hurled a huge shock of electricity right towards one of the Rattata! The Rattata had nowhere to run, not only had it been stunned by the white light from the Pokeballs but now it was stiff with fear. The electricity hit, electrocuting the Rattata. The Rattata squirmed in pain. Pikachu landed on the floor with a THUD. It had a confidence in it's eyes that said the Rattata wouldn't get back up. And it didn't. The Rattata had fainted.

“Ha, easy.” Daniel said smugly.

Meanwhile one of the Rattata started to charge at Bulbasaur.

“Quick Bulbasaur!” Lucas shouted, “Use Tackle attack!”

“'Saur!” Bulbasaur said with a nod of it's head. The Bulbasaur started to run at the Rattata, it's speed increasing with every step. BANG! The two Pokemon's heads collided, sending them both backwards at quite a pace. Bulbasaur slid backwards on its backside and came to a stop, it shook it's head as if to shake of the pain of the collision. The Rattata, however, rolled and bounced backwards until it came to a hault. It lay there almost lifeless, it had fainted.

“Nice one, Bulbasaur!” Lucas applauded.

“Squirtle! Use Tackle!” Lottie shouted after seeing how well Bulbasaur's attack landed. The Squirtle leant forward and charged towards a now frightened Rattata, this one also too frightened to react. CLUNK! Squirtle's attack hit and sent the Rattata flying into some nearby bushes. Squirtle stood up and waited for the Rattata to launch an attack of it's own. Nothing happened, the Rattata had either fled or fainted.

“Yay! You did it Squirtle!” Lottie cheered. Seeing it's fellow Rattata fall in battle, the last remaining Rattata began to cower in fear and retreat backwards, slowly and nervously. It knew an attack was coming, but it didn't know from who or from where. It kept scanning the Pokemon and their trainers, hoping it had enough nerve to react.

“What are you waiting for Ben? Get it!” Daniel shouted.

“NO! It's scared! It doesn't want to battle. It'd be wrong to attack it! It's just witnessed it's friends get hurt, I'm sure it doesn't want to get hurt as well.” Ben replied angrily. “GO!” He shouted at the Rattata, “We don't want to hurt you!” He continued, “See? Charmander, come here.” Ben's Charmander turned and walked back towards Ben. It seemed somewhat confused. Ben knelt down to speak to his Charmander, “We don't want to hurt a Pokemon that isn't willing to fight do we?”

“Char” Charmander replied with a shake of his head.

“What?! This is stupid!” Daniel argued, “Just attack it! It was willing to attack you a second ago, show it who's boss!”

“No! Go on Rattata! Run back to your friends!” Ben shouted. The Rattata, however, was still only walking backwards slowly. Still scared and confused.

“Charmander-CHAR!” Charmander roared at the Rattata. The Rattata's ears and tail perked up and then it ran away into the bushes.

“Thank you for listening to me Charmander,” Ben said as he stroked Charmander's head. Charmander's eyes closed and it smiled. Charmander enjoyed the petting for a second, then opened it's eyes and licked Ben's face. “Hahaha, thank you Charmander!” Ben sputtered.

“Pfft. Pikachu, return, let's ditch these losers,” Daniel ordered as he pointed Pikachu's Pokeball towards him. A red beam of light shot from the Pokeball and surrounded Pikachu, it then raised him into the air and pulled him back into the Pokeball at speed.

“Hold it right there!” Professor Oak ordered as Daniel was about to walk off. “You haven't finished yet. I still have to give you your Pokedex. Return your Pokemon, kids, and meet me back inside. Your Adventure has nearly started!” And with that, Professor Oak stood up with the suitcases in his hands, spun to his left and with a flick of his overcoat walked hastily back indoors.

Character Progress After Chapter:

Ben:

Pokemon:

Lottie:

Pokemon:

Lucas:

Pokemon:

Daniel:

Pokemon:

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/16/2013 12:10:48 PM

Quote from Basilisking »

That's better than what you had before. That's the kind of reaction I would have expected :P 

Thank you :) I think I sorta rushed the chapter and didn't think about what I was writing as much as I normally do. Thank you for your input, it really helped.

Quote from sephiroth122 »

This is a awesome story. I think this should be the real television series, replacing Ash. I hope you keep on working like this: CREATING AWESOMENESS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

And to just let you all know, I have edited the first post and put links to each chapter there. Just look for the chapters underneath the Prologue and click on the Chapter Title that you want to read next, and it'll take you right to the post. Little easier for you guys :)

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/13/2013 12:41:53 PM

Awesome I was just bored and thought of fanfiction and remembered this 1 and came and saw moar chaps just finish reading it, question though I thought Daneil was freinds with the others why did he call them losers,and didnt Red tell them "bonds" help you?

Quote from Pokechampion »

Awesome I was just bored and thought of fanfiction and remembered this 1 and came and saw moar chaps just finish reading it, question though I thought Daneil was freinds with the others why did he call them losers,and didnt Red tell them "bonds" help you?

Well, yes. Daniel is friends with Ben, Lottie and Lucas. But as there are only four children in Pallet, he was kinda forced to be. Daniel called them losers because they all believe in having a bond with their pokemon where he believes differently. You must remember that they are all (nearly) teenagers and mood swings and tempers can change quite quickly. Daniel was annoyed at Ben for not attacking the Rattata as he believed that it deserved to be shown who's boss, as it was willing to attack them earlier in the chapter. Daniel was annoyed that his own brother was 'soft' and turned down a battle because another pokemon was 'scared'. Daniels felt betrayed (so to speak) by his own brother for "backing down", thus resulting in him irrationally lashing out at the others and wanting to be left alone. (I'm not sure if this makes sense to you but this is exactly how my younger brother acted when he was arouage that age, heck he still acts like that now! Ha)  

And Red has never directly spoken to the children, but his stories have been told to them by their parents and other villagers. While Ben takes on board everything that he is told about Red (as he idolises him), Daniel doesn't, as his judgment is clouded. He believes Red is as strong as he is because his Pokemon are the strongest in the region, not because of the 'bonds' he claims to have with pokemon.

Thanks for the explanation, when he loses it would be funny lol.

[Update:]

Just to let you know I have updated the first post with a little information on each main character. I've also tidied it up a little.

I've also added another feature which I hope to include to each chapter, Beginning and End. It's a 'Character Progression' chart. The plan is to have it at the beginning and end of every chapter, to help remind you of their progress from the former chapter. The only information I plan to have in the chart at the moment is the characters Pokemon and Badges. However, if you can think of something else that would be useful to include in the progression chart, then please let me know. Or, if you feel I'm wasting my time a little creating them. Let me know and I'll stop doing it.

The first Character Progression Chart can be seen at the end of Chapter 3, here.

Chapter four has been written and will be posted after I proof read it in the morning. Right now though, I'm pretty tired. So, good night :)

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/15/2013 5:06:03 PM

Character Progress Before Chapter:

Ben:

Pokemon:

Lottie:

Pokemon:

Lucas:

Pokemon:

Daniel:

Pokemon:

Chapter 4: Pokedex, Pokeballs, Pokemon. 

“I never in a million years thought I'd end up with a Pikachu for my first Pokemon.” Daniel said confused as he walked into the laboratory.

“I think it's so cute!” Lottie screamed, “But not a cute as my Squirtle!”

Lucas was the last of the four children to enter the laboratory. After he closed the door, he had a long look around the lab. It was a sterile sea of whites and greys. Everywhere he looked there was a different instrument or machine, each with a different purpose.

“This is amazing!” Lucas gasped, “I know I've been in here before, but, I've never been able to appreciate it! It's so, big! It's gorgeous!” He walked over to the nearest counter. On it was a broken PokeBall, an opened PokeBall, gloves and a notebook. Lucas swiped his hand over the surface of the counter, “And it's so clean too! Just think, world breaking discoveries and research has been done here. Right here where we stand! It gives me goosebumps. One day, I hope I have a lab like this, where I make the world breaking discoveries and award winning research!”

“That'll never happen,” Lottie interrupted, “Your laboratory could never be this clean, have you seen the state of your bedroom?!” She joked. They all laughed.

“Now then children.” Oak said as he walked into the lab from a side room. “This is a Pokedex. These devices already have a considerable amount of recorded data on a lot of the Pokemon of Kanto. However, they aren't finished. There is still more information to be collected on certain Pokemon, and there are still plenty of Pokemon that the Pokedex hasn't even encountered. This means that as well as giving you information about a Pokemon, your Pokedex will also be recording more information about Pokemon along your Journeys, so be sure to use them when you can.” Oak explained as he handed each child a Pokedex.

“Thanks Professor Oak, we'll try our hardest to help.” Ben said.

“I'd also like you to take these. I have no use for them here, I'm too busy with research to be gallivanting with these .” Oak explained as he handed the children five Pokeballs each.

“Wow, thanks, Professor! You're so kind!” Lottie said.

“Now, I believe that's everything I've got to do for you. The rest is up to you, kids.” Professor Oak said with a smile on his face, “Make the most of your adventures, I know I sure did.”

“Thank you Sam,” A voice said from the front door. “I know how much of a handful this lot can be.” He said with a laugh.

“Dad?” Daniel asked, “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I just came by to check on how you four were getting on.” Michael said with a shrug of his shoulders, “It seems to me you're more than ready to head off?”

“They are indeed, Mike. There's a Pokemon at their waist and a Pokedex in their pockets. They're more than ready.” Oak boasted.

“Well, before you go, kids, come and see me at the house. I have a little something for you, that might come on handy.” Michael explained. “In fact I'll race you there!” He finished, he then ran out of the doors as fast as he could, giggling. The children laughed and started to run after him.

“Ben! Could I see you before you go?” Oak shouted. Ben stopped running and turned around.

“I'll catch up with you guys in a minute,” Ben shouted back to his friends, “What is it Professor?” He asked.

“Well Ben. It's about the Meowth you brought in earlier.” Oak started.

“What's wrong with it? Is it okay? Please tell me it's okay?!” Ben replied worried.

“She's going to be fine, Ben,” Oak laughed, pulling up a chair to sit on, “It's just, I'm glad you brought her in. You see, she's pregnant.”

“Pregnant?! Is that why she was so weak Professor?” Ben said surprised.

“I'm afraid not. Yes, the pregnancy may have weakened her slightly, but the main cause of her weakness seems to be malnutrition.” Ben looked confused, “What this means is, she hasn't been eating properly. This could be for a number of reasons, but Daisy and I think it's because she isn't a wild Pokemon.”

“What? What do you mean she isn't a wild Pokemon, Professor? She has to be, I found her in the grass.” Ben asked confused.

“What I mean is, there's a patch of hair around her neck that seems to have worn a little. I think this is because it used to have a collar around it. This Meowth was a domestic Pokemon. It has never lived in the wild. I think it's owner abandoned her because she was pregnant. I think they didn't want the responsibility of caring for 4 Meowth.” Oak explained.

“So, so...How could anybody do that? In it's time of need? When it's most vulnerable? The poor thing?!” Ben cried. “I just can't...I can't believe any one would do that to a Pokemon. Especially a pregnant one!”

“I know how you feel.” Oak said as he placed an assuring hand on Ben's shoulder, “It made me angry too, but there isn't anything we can do about it. What's important is, the Meowth and it's kittens are safe now. It's had something to eat and it's looking healthier already. Would you like to come see it?” Oak asked. Ben smiled and nodded. Although he was able to smile at the thought he could see the Meowth again before he left, he was still angry with the thought that somebody could treat another living being in such a disgusting way. As he followed Oak towards the back of the lab, his smile turned back into a frown. They walked into the room where the Meowth was being kept. The Meowth was asleep on a pillow on top of a counter. As soon as Ben laid eyes on it, his frown turned back into a smile. He crept over quietly to have a better look.

“It does look a little healthier now, Professor.” Ben said as he laid a reassuring hand on the Meowth. The Meowth started to purr, as if it recognised the touch and slowly woke up.

“Oh, no-no-no-no-no, I din't mean to wake you.” Ben told the Meowth as he pulled his hand away. The Meowth yawned, stretched a little and stood up. She moved over to Ben's hand and started nudging it with her head. “Oh, you want a fuss?” Ben smiled, “How could I say no to you?” He laughed as he started stroking her from head to tail.

“The only issue now is; what to do with her.” Oak said from the doorway.

“What do you mean, what to do with her? Can't she stay here?” Ben asked.

“Well. She isn't ours to keep, Ben. In fact, she doesn't seem to be anyones anymore. Once a trainer abandons a Pokemon, it can struggle to adapt back into the wild, or even find another trainer to be with.” Oak explained.

“So. Why don't I keep her?” Ben pleaded. “She likes me, see?” Oak moved his attention to the Meowth, it was now licking Ben's hand happily.

“So she does. You could keep her, but she isn't that kind of Pokemon. She wouldn't want to battle, she'd much rather curl up in front of the fire and be petted.” Oak replied.

“So...so...you can look after her for me?” Ben said with a smile on his face, “That would be prefect! You could look after her for me!? I'm sure she wouldn't mind that? Would you, Meowth?”

“Me-owth!” The Meowth replied with a grin.

“You have a fireplace in your office and I know you'd love the attention!” Ben said.

“Well, I guess that would be okay. I'm sure Daisy would love it too! But what about her kittens? We couldn't possibly look after 4 domestic Meowth! It's hard enough having to check up on Red's and Blue's Pokemon that they send back to me. They can't just sit in a Pokeball all day, y'know.” replied Oak.

“Well, how about our parents? They're going to need something to keep them occupied now we're leaving on our Pokemon Journeys?!” Ben said ecstatically.

“Hmm,” Oak pondered, “You know what? That isn't a bad idea. I'll ask them all tomorrow morning. Now, I'd also like to talk to you about something else, I can talk to you about it on your way out though. Say your goodbyes to the...sorry, your Meowth. I'll meet you in my lab, I have to make a call.” He finished. He then stepped out of the door and closed it behind him. Ben turned back to the Meowth he was petting.

“Hear that Meowth? I've got you somewhere new to stay.” Ben said with a smile, “It's here with Professor Oak. You're going to be nice and warm, well fed and well groomed too!”

“Me-owth!” Meowth purred with excitement.

“I'm glad you're happy about that, Meowth. Huh, I just realised; technically, you're the first Pokemon I caught!” Ben laughed, “I'm glad you are too. Right, I have to go now, but I'll be ringing Oak regularly to see how you're getting on. Now how about you rest, and good luck with the pregnancy. Don't let me down,” he said with a wink. “Try not me miss me too much, Meowth.” Ben stroked Meowth one last time before giving her a kiss on the head. “I'll see you soon.” With that, Ben walked towards the door. As he opened the door, he looked back towards his Meowth. It was already curled up, sleeping. He smiled and quietly closed the door on his way out.

As Ben walked back towards the lab he over heard Oak on the Phone.

“...Okay then, I'll ask them to meet you in Viridian City. Okay, thank you. I'll see you soon. Bye.” Oak put the phone down. “Ah, Ben. Have you said your goodbye's?”

“Yes, Professor. Thank you for looking after her for me. It means a lot to me.” Ben replied.

“Oh, not to worry. I'm sure we're both going to have a lot of fun! Now, I'd like to talk about what you did outside.” Oak said as he gestured Ben towards the front door.

“You mean about not attacking the Rattata?” Ben asked.

“Exactly that,” Oak replied as the two began to walk slowly to the door. “It was the right thing to do. I'm very proud of you. Daniel was right, the Pokemon was willing to attack before you released your own Pokemon, and after seeing it's friends get attacked, I think it learnt it's lesson. You were right not to attack a Pokemon that no longer wished to fight back. It would have been cruel, unfair and unnecessary. I'm proud of the kindness you showed, Ben, and I'd like you to have this.” Oak took out a Pokeball from his lab coat and handed it to Ben.

“What's this, Professor?” Ben asked confused.

“This is the other Pokemon that was in the suitcase along with the four that were chosen. This Pokemon could have been picked by any one of you, but I'm glad it wasn't. It seems right that it's going to you.” Oak explained.

“What Pokemon is it, Professor?” Asked Ben.

“It's quite a rare one. Now you look after it.” Oak said as he opened the front door for Ben. “Now go and see your father. I'm sure he's waiting for you.”

“Okay thanks. Professor!” Ben said as he began to run off.

“Oh! And before I forget! There's someone waiting for you in Viridian City! It shouldn't be hard to find him!” Oak shouted.

“Okay, Professor! Thanks again!” Ben shouted back as he ran towards his house. He looked down at the Pokeball that was still in his hand. “I wonder what Pokemon you could be?”

Character Progress After Chapter:

Ben:

Pokemon:

+     ?????

Lottie:

Pokemon:

Lucas:

Pokemon:

Daniel:

Pokemon:

Last edited by BenjinaUK: 8/16/2013 12:17:36 PM

I bet it's eevee lol.
    Awesome chapter btw :P
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes