The Official Nickname Thread!

I was debating naming her Mozilla or Moe, actually! I did name my Ninetales in Emerald Moe, and she was amazing, so I'm trying to not name her Moe...though I like that name.

Spin, spin, spin~!

Moe II, then? Maybe a bit insensitive to Moe original, but also a nice homage. :)

You are Mew!

My shinies: Weavile, Gallade, Furret, Roserade, Vileplume, Bellossom, Pyroarx2, Delphox, Braixen, Kecleon, Kirlia

My favorite nickname by FAR is Bulbapedia for the Bulbasaur family. 

Just figured out a nickname with 4 possible spellings:

Mawzilla, Mauxilla,  Mawxilla or Mauzilla.

(Origin: Maxilla, Maw, and Godzilla.)

Used for any Pokemon with a nice pair of chompers! I thought of it when I got my Tyrunt.

Notes: Merged Double Post
    Last edited by PrincessLuna: 10/22/2013 6:20:03 PM

My entire Pokemon X team has nicknames! Many times I like using the same names (like Tosca, Zaphod, and Mozart) don't know why I use them a lot, I just do, for my team nicknames:

Zaphod is my male Quilladin
    Tosca is my female Linoone
    Xandra is my female Litleo
    Milo is my male Espurr
    Sophie is my female Mienfoo
    Itachi is my female Furret

for some of my other Pokemon I have in rotation, which I like to change between cities:
    Sakura is my female Skitty
    Bubsy is my female Bidoof

for my last not yet caught Pokemon I will nickname:
    Mozart if male, Maria if female to my Watchog
    Alex if male, Valerie if female to my Floatzel

Last edited by Playful_Weasel: 10/14/2013 4:31:29 AM

#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan In The World!! love those two meerkats 
    I also love PokeMustelid, PokeFoxes & PokeFelines too! 

I like nicknames. I feel like they give a personal touch to the game - you (to use a cliche) "bond" with them better.

My team, atm:

• Meowstic (M) [Paolo] *
    • Sylveon (F) [Dione/ディネ - JPN named]
    • Talonflame (F) [Ribena]
    • Greninja (M) [Galahad]
    • Charizard/X (M) [Smaug]
    • Tyrantrum (F) [Dynomite] **

* I sometimes switch out with Mister Sparx, my Raichu.
    ** I sometimes switch out with Majestic! (a.k.a: Xerneas) XD

I especially like nicknaming bred-pokes, to send out on the GTS or via Wonder Trade. 
    I just feel warm and fuzzy thinking there'd be people who would use them. :)

EDIT: Just caught a Snover.. my nickname decision? Obamasnow. XD

Last edited by beccabryn: 10/14/2013 6:09:30 PM

3DS Friend Code...

Art    ♦   Twitter }

Quote from beccabryn »

I like nicknames. I feel like they give a personal touch to the game - you (to use a cliche) "bond" with them better.

My team, atm:

• Meowstic (M) [Paolo] *
    • Greninja (M) [Galahad]

I especially like nicknaming bred-pokes, to send out on the GTS or via Wonder Trade. 

Oh wow, Obamasnow is a great nickname :-) Needs a counterpart Romney. Rotom-ny?

Like, I think when they were choosing people, they wanted someone who was good at pretty much everything, and, like, because it's gonna be on the news and on TV and stuff, like, I don't wanna brag, but I think they wanted someone decent looking.

Anubis for male lucario/Lucy for female lucario, Liya for female Luxray and Lukio for male Luxray, Peter for male buneary or lopuny, Lune for Lunatone, Shenzi for female poochyena/mightyena, ed for male poochyena/mightyena, Pumba for tepig/pignite/emboar :) 

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend ~ Martin Luther King. 

Meet my pokesonas: Lucy the Lucario and Snape the Serperior ^^ 

Quote from Joltie »

Quote from beccabryn »

My team, atm:

• Meowstic (M) [Paolo] *
    • Greninja (M) [Galahad]

Oh wow, Obamasnow is a great nickname :-) Needs a counterpart Romney. Rotom-ny?

I got aROMNEYtisse...Haha, but seriously, I think Punchy is a good name for a Hawlucha.

Hello.

Is "Spike" a good nickname for a Lucario??

I LOVE WARRIORS!!

Yellowfang's #1 fan!!

B2 FC: 3569 3372 5181

Current Book Battle Books read so far: 2/3 Spaceheadz, The War With Grandpa

.........-Red

I named my Fennekin Blaze. I don't know, it sounded cool. I also named my Pidgey Pidgon (supposed to be Pidgin, I spelled it wrong.)

~Thank you, Lizzie!~
    ~Extended Sig,My Gravity Falls fan club~
    Once again, I am off Marriland for doing stupid things. Click here to follow my White 2 nuzlocke on Google Drive.

Quote from TheShiningEspeon »

I named my Fennekin Blaze. I don't know, it sounded cool. I also named my Pidgey Pidgon (supposed to be Pidgin, I spelled it wrong.)

I named my Fennekin Blaze too! I also named my Shuckle.. Wait for it.. Shuck Norris!

I just like that ^^

Friend Code -  0259 0584 0883

Friend Safari - Ice - Beartic, Spheal and Piloswine!

I want a Shiny Perfect Froakie :D - Egg Count: 300

Feel free to add me, if you do, send me a PM

Lol I named my Jynx NICKI MINAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus I called my Gothitelle Rihanna.

Last edited by Benopolis: 10/20/2013 7:19:24 AM

Fluttershy lover | Mawile fanboy | Team Hoenn 4 EVA!!!

PLZ Help I caught a shiny Braixen in the friend safari and i NEED an awesome NN for HER. My starter was Fenniken and I named that sorcerer. can any1 help me?

YourBrotherWombat

The Master of Ice

So you have sorcerer already....how about Oracle?

Quote from YourBrotherWombat »

PLZ Help I caught a shiny Braixen in the friend safari and i NEED an awesome NN for HER. My starter was Fenniken and I named that sorcerer. can any1 help me?

Hello.

Nostradamus Blastoise

I nicknamed my Shiny Slowbro Eiffel 65, ;)

FC: 2921-9112-0749 (currently full)

I think Sombre would be a good name for a dark type pokemon! 

Sombre= "Dark" In French, so it just makes sense. 

Last edited by TheSwagNoivern: 10/21/2013 6:40:54 PM

Will be leaving to get my copy of Y soon, and just wanted to post the Intended nicknames here :)
    (Not going to see which pokemon they belong too, but will tell you if you guessed right)

Aokigahara
    Liopleurodon
    Zabuza
    Neak
    Takamaru
    Arondite

Have fun with those names :)
    (All are new in gen 6)
    Back again, after some time. Not to sure if I'll be able to trade or stuff, but will see what I can do.
    2DS FC: 3969-6021-1916 - Steel
    3DS FC: 3239-3265-9472 - Poison

My nicknames are

Chale for my male Delphox. I have two small dogs at home, called Chip and Dale, so yeah, I just mashed their names together XD Chip did really look like Fennekin though ^^
    Yumekui for my female Pichu->Pikachu. Named after an anime show which I really liked. Pichu such a sweet air and amie, but with Volt Tackle she brought everything down hard, as is the main character of the anime show.
    Mimo for my male Venusaur. I am really intrigued (as a biologist) with a small plant Mimosa. When touched, it folds it leaves, and unrolls them later again, to protect itself from being eaten etc. Thus I named Mimo.
    Fluftayl for my female Dedenne. It is so cute and has a soft fluffy end on her tail, so I wanted a special name for her. 
    Danan for my male Lucario. A name I got somewhere out of a movie I cannot even remember. It was a surname of a person, but I really really liked it. Mostly when in games I get a cool yet sweet male char, he is called Danan.
    Elora for my female Lapras. I find this an elegant name, and it comes from the same movie and my Lucario's name, and I give this name mostly to elegant female characters. Maybe I should get a Mienshao and call her Elora, and rename my Lapras to Nami (oooh, guess where that comes from? I had the name before that game got it!)

My nicknames(for my Pokemon X team)

Bruce Leap the Greninja- I was planning on naming it a pun for Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee, but then I figured out "Froakie" must be a play on Jackie, so I decided to go with Bruce, but couldn't think of anything, so I actually found the nickname somewhere on these forums.

Po the Pangoro- What did you expect Pokemon. You give us a Panda fighting type. This is obviously going to be the next naming Lapras "Nessie".

Simblaze the Pyroar- Now some might have come up with this before I did but I didn't get this from them, I created it up myself, but its basically "Simba" from the Lion King since pyroar is a lion, and blaze because he is a fire type, combined together. I thought it was decent.

Electra the Heliolisk- It's a female Heliolisk, and I forget where I heard Electra, I think from a movie, but it sounds like electricity, and it is an electric type. 'nuff said. 

#RAGEINDUCER the Charizard- In case you are wondering, yes I used a hashtag because shofu did with his Blastoise, I was just stuck on what to name it, so just nicknamed it this, because it induces rage. Especially now that depending who you are fighting you can switch from flying to dragon. 

FrostyFerry the Lapras- Yes I added a Lapras to my team and yes it was mainly because of Surf. Nessie is annoyingly commonly used, and Tessie from Earthbound is pretty popular too, so I just named it FrostyFerry. It's an ice type so it's frosty. I use it for surf because the animation is so much better than a silhouette of a fat dolphin, its my personal ferry. FrostyFerry. Also it's a mini alliteration. I'm not very creative.

My Friend Code: 2294-3336-1267 (Feel free to add me just PM me so I can add you back)

Friend Safari: Fighting Type- Mankey, Throh, and Breloom

Looking for the current Friend Safaris: Flying or Fire with a Fletchhinder, Water with Frogadier, Grass with Ivysaur, and a Normal with none other than Ditto

Current X Team: Greninja, Charizard X, Pangoro, Pyroar, Heliolisk, and Lapras

Current Y Team: Blaziken, Blastoise, Hydreigon, Talonflame, Lucario, and Gengar (Post PL)

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes