This thread was Locked by Ice_Dragon.

Giratina.. the Pokemon.... devil?

**This is all a guess** **I have nothing against Giratina, or religious beliefs and such**

Giratina is known as the "Renegade Pokemon" and Renegade is defined as 'one who rejects religion'. In Platinum, B/W and BW2, its pokedex entry says:

It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World.

Banished... and if the Distortion World is the representation of  'the underworld' as some call it.. Giratina might just be.. the representation of the devil. Also, look at Giratina's Design.

487Giratina-Origin.png

In it's origin form (left) it has 6 spikes, 6 neck bracer things and 6 wings. In it's altered form, it has 6 red spikes, 6 neck bracer things, and 6 legs. The number of the devil is 666. I'm not sure if this theory is legit or not, but I have a feeling, with all this evidence and such, Giratina might just be, the representation of the devil. 

Last edited by Dark1Ghost: 9/2/2013 11:08:33 AM

Friend Safari - Electric

I agree its like the devil of pokemon lol and the movie makes it a "good" pokemon.

It seems obvious to me that GameFreak designed it over the idea of the fall of Satan. Even though, I do not consider it a "devil" as the series itself says a pokémon's way seeing the world matches the trainer's viewpoint.

It's time to play the game.

Everything that you pointed out does make sense, and its origin story does vaguely mirror the fall of Satan/Lucifer. Its forme change does also mimic how Lucifer became Satan (went from a beautiful angel, to Satan, who was hideous). Also God created Lucifer, while Arceus created Giratina.

Now if only Giratina could have been the #666 pokemon haha.

Last edited by KAMii117: 9/2/2013 11:08:43 PM

But, Giratina isn't evil.

REMEMBER, HE MADE FRIENDS WITH ASH!

~LILOCREW~Banner by Slippy~My Challenge~STR~

Its a theroy and a good one to. Anyone think we should make a pokemon theroy thread.

I honestly doubt that it was intended to represent the devil, due to one thing.

It prevented Cyrus from destroying the UNIVERSE - a pretty noble thing to do. The Distortion World also doesn't really seem like heck - it's just the reverse-antimatter version of the real world.

So yeah, while there is some evidence, Giratina has done at least something to prove that it's not completely evil.

You are Mew!

My shinies: Weavile, Gallade, Furret, Roserade, Vileplume, Bellossom, Pyroarx2, Delphox, Braixen, Kecleon, Kirlia

Quote from nuthut1 »

But, Giratina isn't evil.

REMEMBER, HE MADE FRIENDS WITH ASH!

Every Pokemon maid friends with ash. But its a good theory, and you should see if theres any more evidence(Even though I've seen this somewhere else)

Gliscor  Credit To XxSakuraxX For Avatar/Banner.  

Not to get religious or anything but you can say Satan isn't necessarily evil from an objective standpoin. He never flooded the world or ruin the construction of the tower of babel. He just wants to have followers himself. There aren't any stories of him trying to destroy the universe. Same thing, IIwould argue with Giratina. He could be the pokemon version (watered down, of course) of Satan/Lucifer. You make a convincing theory proving Giratina could be the Devil's beast, perhaps? 

Friend code -  3883-5572-2117

Black 2 and X

Always be yourself,... Unless you can be Batman, then be Batman instead

Friend Safari - Rock - Corsula, Dweeble, Shuckle. Get your World Class Dweeble!!! And an alright Shuckle...

Quote from DJQuackQuack6
    Not to get religious or anything but you can say Satan isn't necessarily evil from an objective standpoin. He never flooded the world or ruin the construction of the tower of babel. He just wants to have followers himself. There aren't any stories of him trying to destroy the universe. Same thing, IIwould argue with Giratina. He could be the pokemon version (watered down, of course) of Satan/Lucifer. You make a convincing theory proving Giratina could be the Devil's beast, perhaps?

Blatantly disregarding the fact that this has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand, the concept that the Devil is not evil is a ridiculous concept in and of itself. Satan is the embodiment of sin and reprisal against anything and everything that is just, holy, and righteous. He is the patron of malice, fear, anger, violence, and gruesome criminality. Murder and pain are his ways, both natural evils. There's no stories of him destroying the universe because he can't. He works through human beings in order to gain their souls in ****. He's insidious, rather than outwardly power-displaying. Judeo-Christian mythology and religion has many contradictory stories in which God has done unrighteous acts, but religious scholars have interpreted these in a variety of ways including symbolic, rather than literal interpretations. I'm not religious in the slightest, but asserting that the Devil is not "evil from a objective standpoint" is laughable at best. The Devil, in all his incarnations in thousands of religious interpretations, is the embodiment and symbolic representation of evil. That is an undeniable fact.

That being said, I wouldn't call Giratina a representation of the Devil. Maybe more of a Pokemon that took inspiration from the story of The Fall. He's not the Pokemon Devil, they just have similar stories. Same as Arceus being inspired by the myth of creation.
    Last edited by Steelix8: 9/8/2013 11:09:58 AM

Pearl FC: 0860-8495-9736 (Trade)
    Platinum FC:: 0088-1636-9452 (Battle)

You make some good connections, OP, but I think that the closest thing to describe Giratina would be Charon from Greek Mythology or how Pirates of the Caribbean described Davy Jones, he's there to ferry souls from one world to the next. I would suspect that the Distortion World is similar to limbo or purgatory.

Friend Codes:
    X: 0275-8307-2147, WATER: Poliwhirl, Quagsire and Bibarel
    Y: 3308-4665-1744, GROUND: Sandshrew, Marowak, Diggersby
    Black 2: Let you know when I get my game card again.

That is a very interesting theory... Personally, I don't really care much about stuff like this, but you sure made good points.

Hunting Shiny Pokémon all day long!

I quite like the concept that there is a pokemon God and Devil as it adds some depth to the pokemon universe

Black 2 FC: 1335 8961 6708

Credit to: Zeo44 for the userbars

I love Giratina, full stop. But I think the whole Devil and God thing makes him so much cooler, as well as giving a more complete idea of religion or something in the pokemon universe...I guess

White 2 FC: 1421-8412-6251

Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 3668-8271-7944

no dark1ghost all u says is wrong, giratina origin form is not 666 while the altered form is. Also u have no complete prove that giratina is the devil / satan.but I can prove to  that giratina is the god of life and death unlike yveltal who drain all life forms and cause havoc in the Karlos region we know that giratina is similar but giratina just dun drain life forms but it is violence. Arceus banish giratina because of its violence. There nothing giratina can do now except secretly stalking the real world from the inside. U see for giratina origin form, giratina only have. 6 wings and 6 neck spikes while the remaining spikes are more than 6. Also in pokemon movie 12 giratina try to help to defend the world against arceus destruction

Hello Xuqidi123

Please do not revive threads which are over two weeks old as this is considered topic revival and against the forum rules. Do create your own thread instead if you wish to continue the discussion. Thanks!
    "Beyond the fiction of reality, there is the reality of the fiction"
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes