Pokémon Cries!

Ever since the beginning, each Pokémon has had a sound it makes when it is send it to battle, a cry. Some Pokémon have the same cries, such as Charzard and Ryhorn. Some are long, some are less then a second. What do you think the most annoying cry is? Mine is Electabuzz. And we thought the Lavender Town theme was the worst sound a gameboy could make.   

Last edited by Mabel_Pines: 9/22/2013 12:54:44 PM

~Thank you, Lizzie!~
    ~Extended Sig,My Gravity Falls fan club~
    Once again, I am off Marriland for doing stupid things. Click here to follow my White 2 nuzlocke on Google Drive.

Ninjask. It's just...ew. Some of it's Pokedex entries even state it's ear-killing cry. Just repeat it's cry over and over again. You'll go insane.

RUBY: "...it's crying can clearly be heard..."

SAPPHIRE: "...it will refuse to obey the trainer and cry loudly continuously..."

EMERALD: "...hearing its distinctive cries for too long induces a headache..."

HG/SS: "...its cry leaves a lasting headache if heard for too long..."

And Staraptor. It's meant to be a hawk or a falcon or something, not a screaming 3-year-old girl.

I was always annoyed by the fact they never updated the old cries while the newer pokemon were getting more advanced ones. Thankfully they've updated them for the new games though. I dislike Electabuzz' and Raichu's cries the most. Purely because of how horrible they sound.

why is it that they have the same cries? Couldn't they be more creative and  come up with different ones for each Pokemon?

Friend Safari: Water type with Krabby, Quagsire, & Frogadier.

From what I've seen so far, they do seem to be going back and updating the cries which is an awesome move by Game Freak, I hope that they update the repeated cries at least any who!

|The Poké Club|Johto PokéFarm Branch|Legendary Realm|
    |My Friend List|Ask Me Anything|All About Me|

Normal Friend Safari
    ♦ Kecleon ♦ Aipom  ♦ Eevee 

Most Gen 1 pokemon have terrible cries, and definitely agreed on Electabuzz. On the other hand though, Honchkrow, Dialga and Arceus have awesome cries, imo =)

It's time to tell Pikachu he's adopted...

Quote from muss05 »

why is it that they have the same cries? Couldn't they be more creative and  come up with different ones for each Pokemon?

It would take a lot more room on the game to come up with 150 unique cries for each of the original pokemon, considering the game cartridges were not nearly as advanced as the are now, so the programmers made some pokemon have similar cries for the first couple of generations in order to save space for other sounds and data in the game.

(Of course, NOW they CAN have a unique cry for each pokemon and still have space for all the sound and other data in the game.)

Last edited by rain_83: 9/27/2013 5:50:07 PM
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Vaporeon

... Oops! I thought I was forgetting something... Ha! Don't worry, though. I'll do something soon! :)

Now that you put it like that pokegirl 1696 i understand why they would do that 

Friend Safari: Water type with Krabby, Quagsire, & Frogadier.

Quote from muss05
    Now that you put it like that pokegirl 1696 i understand why they would do that

Yeah, but they could update the cries of the pokemon from the first two generations to each have unique cries now that technology has advanced so much. (If they did, the new cries would probably still have a hint of the original cries, if you get what I mean...)

Vaporeon

... Oops! I thought I was forgetting something... Ha! Don't worry, though. I'll do something soon! :)

Oh my gosh if I hear Starly's scream one more time I am going to lose it.

I swear, it spams Growl continuously and you can never avoid it.

MAKE IT STOPPPPP.

FC for X/Y: 3866-8489-7848 l FS: POISON (Swalot, Kakuna + ???) 

The Dimensional Romp RP

Random doodles and drawings

Wow, I never realised Omastar and Machop had just ugly cries. They sound sort of like squelches to me.
    I agree with Electabuzz having the ugliest cry too. I've also never been fond of Cobalion's cry. It totally scared me the first time I found it in Pokemon White.

White FC: 4514 2818 3583 

Just wondering, why do they sound really mechanic??? In the video, it is like a drill going into tungsten!!!! I also agree with other people's opinions! Electabuzz gives me the heebie jeebies! and Machops bloody cry...

Last edited by CleverClocks: 10/1/2013 9:21:39 PM

MY POKeMON WHITE FC: 3526 2614 6151                 

Gotta catch 'em all! Got a new signature coming up below!          

Magneton's cry slowed down sounds like a laugh.

Kricketune

Quote from CleverClocks
    Just wondering, why do they sound really mechanic??? In the video, it is like a drill going into tungsten!!!! I also agree with other people's opinions! Electabuzz gives me the heebie jeebies! and Machops bloody cry...

This is also due to technology for the games not being as advanced when those pokemon were created as it is now. The cries sound "mechanical" (as you put it) because the original Gameboy didn't have as large as a sound range as later handheld consoles do. As I've said before, now that greater sound technology is available, they could re-design the pokemon cries so that each has a unique sound. If that happened, the re-designed cries would probably still have a hint of the old cries.
    Last edited by rain_83: 10/6/2013 2:00:42 PM

Vaporeon

I always found Palpitoad's cry to be HILARIOUS! XD

National Dex completed- 16/06/2014

Currently Masuda Methoding: Hoppip
    >30 Eggs

Quote from Pokenerd »

I always found Palpitoad's cry to be HILARIOUS! XD

Dude you're right XD.

I love Swoobat, Shedinja, Torterra, Manaphy, Floatzel, and Kricketune. WupwupwupwupwupwupWHOOOOOOP!

Personally, I think Liepard's is plain annoying. I listened to it for about 5 minutes and my ears were still ringing with "Preeeeeoooow".

I ♥ Altaria

I don't know what to put in my signature.

I love Gastrodon's cry a lot.

But, Gothitelle's cry is just flat out creepy...

This is very true, it gave me a headache.

EMERALD: "...hearing its distinctive cries for too long induces a headache..."

HG/SS: "...its cry leaves a lasting headache if heard for too long..."

Meow~

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes