This thread was Locked by Messuduppotatoasia.

Marriland 3DS Giveaway Comments

This thread is for all questions and comments regarding the Marriland Pokemon Story Contest. It is here so you can ask questions or leave comments without counting anything as an entry. Any posts made in the official contest thread that are not entries will be removed, which is why this thread is the one you want to post such stuff in.

Anyway, I'm not going to go over the details of the contest here again. You should know them by know! But here are a few of the frequently asked questions or the questions that are most likely to be asked:

• I live in Europe (or anywhere outside of the US/Canada). Can I enter?
      No, you cannot. We're sorry about that, but there are certain legal restrictions on running contests. Additionally, the 3DS systems being given away are North American 3DS systems, so they would not work with European 3DS games. Maybe sometime in the future we'll have a contest for our European users. :)

• I live in Massachusetts (or Arizona or Quebec, Canada). Why can't I enter?
      Each state and province has its own legal restrictions on contests. There were unfortunately restrictions that prohibited us from offering the contest in your state or province. Sorry about that! We'd love to let the whole world enter if we could.

• I'm younger than 13 years old. Can I still enter?
      You cannot, sorry. However, your parent or legal guardian may post your entry on your behalf with their account.

• What if I turn 13 before the contest ends?
      You can enter the contest as soon as you are 13, so if that occurs before the deadline, you can still enter.

• Can I enter more than once?
      You can! You may tell more than one Pokemon story of yours, although it must be a completely different story or experience than any of your previous entries. You can only win once, though.

• How will I find out if I won?
      You will be contacted via e-mail, using the e-mail address that is associated with your account. You need to make sure that your e-mail address is valid and capable of receiving e-mail! We will also be posting the winning entries in a topic as well.

Hey Marriland, I live in the US Virgin Islands. It counts as a US territory, but it’s not a state, and rules usually change for me. I don’t know the rules for contests like this in my area, so can you check and see if I can join? And even if I don’t count, would you mind if I put my stories in anyway, just for the fun of telling them?

I actually do have to ask this - it says to answer one question for your story, but can you incorporate more than one question into your story, if possible?  And my next question, does it necessarily have to be restricted to the games?

@MangoMashup: Just checked and YES, you can absolutely enter and have a shot at winning! :D

@Sesshimi: You can absolutely incorporate more than one question. Each of those questions are not separate categories, but just guidelines on what we're looking for. As for being restricted to the games, no, as long as it involves Pokemon, it is eligible.

Thanks a ton Marriland! :heart:

Last edited by MangoMashup: 12/12/2012 1:31:31 PM

If you do in fact win, when should you expect the email containing the winning info to be sent? Also, will it be marked as important, and not just a forum reply email?

Currently Shiny Breeding: Hopip
    90 eggs

Quote from yodastar »

If you do in fact win, when should you expect the email containing the winning info to be sent? Also, will it be marked as important, and not just a forum reply email?

It will be no later than January 18th, 2013. It will be coming from Curse, not the Marriland Forums, so it should not get mixed in with your forum notifications.

Wow, okay, I just wrote this long, nicely written, fun entry for your contest, but right as I was about to click post reply, the site reloaded for absolutely no reason. I lost everything I had typed and trust me, I was very pleased with myself for what I had written. It took a little while, some revising, and ect., but I had finally finished and when I went to hit Post Reply, the site reloaded, taking all my words and deleting them. Ugh. It's either my computer, or a combination of the site and my computer, but wow. This sucks. I tried to get it back...but nothing worked. Wow, you know, I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to retype and enter...Sorry!! :'(

ill tell you all 3 categories starting with how has Pokemon affected me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Pokemon has affected my life in a big way It made me go to the extent I collect Pokemon items, spend most of my time leveling up Pokemon to LV 50, and hang rend shipping pictures in my room... It's really my favorite series to the point it's part of me in a way also It means that I spend a lot more time on my couch playing DS than I used to.

next is what have i have learned from Pokemon

i have learned alot from Pokemon.also I've learned alot from the game and series and that's never give up i always tell that to myself when im battling the elite four and the champion.

last of all what was my favorite Pokemon experience 

my favorite Pokemon experience...well here it is  i was playing Pokemon diamond and i was in eterna forest i was training my staravia for the upcoming gym vs gardenia.as i walked on the grass and a shiny buneary appeared i was so exited.I had to go to the bathroom but i was so exited that i just sat they're and pissed my pants  i wish i could re live that day...I LOVE POKEMON  

Say I was premium, would I be able to win twice?(One from the random drawing, one from the writing)

Last edited by Lord_Cfre: 12/16/2012 5:20:07 PM

Does the one of the winners get to choose the color of the 3DS, I don't really care. but I figure I'd ask anyway, or are they automactically going to be Aqua Blue like in the banner?

(✖╭╮✖) 

Is there a word count limit, or any similar restrictions?

Quote from MissPiika »

Is there a word count limit, or any similar restrictions?

No word count limit or restrictions, but the longest piece does not necessarily mean it is the best written. :)

I know you can have your parent post for you, but still, I want to ask if it's really truly legal to do that and win something. :L

Quote from Lord_Cfre »

Say I was premium, would I be able to win twice?(One from the random drawing, one from the writing)

No, you would not. If you win once, you won't be in the random drawing.

Quote from Mew111 »

Does the one of the winners get to choose the color of the 3DS, I don't really care. but I figure I'd ask anyway, or are they automactically going to be Aqua Blue like in the banner?

They're already purchased, so they'll be what they'll be. I'm pretty sure they're all Aqua Blue, though!

Quote from Doomful »

I know you can have your parent post for you, but still, I want to ask if it's really truly legal to do that and win something. :L

I'm not a lawyer, so I can't give legal advice or say what is truly legal. ;)

I meant, truly legal within the rules of the contest. :P

Pokemon, Pokemon, it has done so much for me in my life.  It has taught me to love and care, to learn to be a good loser as well as a good winner, it has also taught me to be a better person.

Like many a person who has entered before myself, I come with a tale of how Pokemon has changed me and taught me things.  Pokemon has taught me how to love.  I do truly love all of my little monsters.  I feel as though they decide their own paths in their life on my game.  Some of my Pokemon are destined to be in contests, while others are meant to be battling their hearts out each and every day.  Some Pokemon are meant to breed, and others just sit there and look cute, while still others are just fillers for your collection.  Whatever way they decide to form themselves, they all find their way into my heart.  There is no Pokemon that can't be loved.  There are no bad Pokemon, just bad trainers!

Likewise, Pokemon has also taught me to care.  It kills me inside to watch my team faint because of my poor abilities as a trainer.  Every time a Pokemon faints, I feel like I have failed it.  My Pokemon didn't deserve to faint.  I could've used that MooMoo Milk, that Super Potion, or even that Oran Berry to get it through one more turn to win the battle.  I could've saved it, but no, I let it die.  I can't stand to watch my Pokemon suffer and be put through pain.  It's unacceptable to do that to your pets.  How would you feel if someone kicked your dog until it passed out?  That's how it feels for me to have my Pokemon faint.  I really do care about all of them and want the best for them.

Pokemon has also taught me to be a good winner, as well as a good loser.  I remember that when I was younger (about age 6) I would cry and throw a fit whenever I would lose a battle.  Now, I take all in stride and realize that I just need to train and get stronger so that I might win next time.  When I was younger (also around age 6) I would throw myself a party whenever I beat a Gym.  "Ha-ha! I beat you!  All of your Pokemon stink and I'm the best trainer ever!"  I would chant.  But, I know the pain and humiliation of losing and no longer do that.  Because if they could really hear me, I know that they wouldn't like that.  I wouldn't like them to do that to me, either.  Like the old saying goes, "Do unto others what you want done unto yourself.".

Pokemon has also improved my life and taught me to be a better person.  I'm not like all of the "popular" people at my school.  I'm a proud nerd and will say that I enjoy playing Pokemon.  I don't look down on the people who bring their DS system to school and trade Pokemon or play other games.  I don't bully people who play a DS or who are "nerds" because I know how it feels to be bullied.  Trust me, it doesn't feel good.  I don't look down on the people who bring their Beyblade tops to school either. Because, at heart, I am just like them.  I play Pokemon and I'm proud. I personally, don't believe that anyone is above anyone else.  All people are equal.  Pokemon or no Pokemon, everyone deserves to have friends and to be happy.

~AceTrainerAlyssa :heart:

" How has Pokemon affected me?" you ask. Well ,Pokemon changed my views life itself ,gave me something to explore more about,and most of all created my first passion or anything at that matter. It felt  like a newborn phanpy roaming the world with noting ,but a sudden urge to guide it. I can't explain in words, but I'll do my best.

With many different people ,their views of life change because of a special person in their life ,but not me. I always thought life was only in one direction yet I learned that you could take a variety of routes with Pokemon. You different chose Pokemon to go on your journey with you which leads to many possibilities and outcomes. Like when some say "when life gives you lemons you make lemonade",why not make a diversity of lemonade that's up to you. I did believe  that a person's weakness is what you really focus on more mostly ,but now the strengths of others is something you need to focus on too and you could win in the certain situation if you think wisely.

Pokemon gave me a chance to go out of my way to learn ,discover, and to experience more in the world of Pokemon. I bet anyone could agree when I say Pokemon is an interesting topic to think about and try to explain in your own words. To discover the new the abilities, moves, and combinations is fun ,homework sometimes, but still amazing. The funny experiences and the bad ones too(magikarp fisherman(cough)) its a lot of fun. Learning what to do with EVs and what two Pokemon go together to get an certain egg or how annoying a certain gym leader can be if not careful in battle.

All in all Pokemon being the number one thing passion I have, its a train I really don't want to get off. I love the artwork, the designs, music, battles and just everything about it. Its the game I'll remember even when I'm dead and gone one day. I'm just inspired so much by this game, its been there through even the bad parts of my abnormal life. I'll never forget it

~xrosgabumon  :grin:

Last edited by xrosgabumon: 12/31/2012 3:22:03 PM

How do you know our age and our name, Marriland?

white fc is 1421 5522 2930

black 2 fc is 4299 2102 8646

Pm me with your friend code if you want to trade, battle or anything like that.

Christianity is part of me.

@AceTrainerAlyssa and @xrosgabumon, this is the comments thread, NOT the entry thread, so you will need to post your entries in the actual entry thread in order to be entered!

@thunderage5: We will be contacting winners by e-mail and will need more details from there in order to receive the prize. If someone is not 13, then they will be excluded and a valid runner up will be chosen instead.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes