Pokemon Zircon announced in Japan!

[strike]Like the previous Pokemon generations, it looks like the fourth generation of Pokemon games - Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - will have a third version associated with it.

The game is titled Pokemon Zircon (Jirukon in Japanese, which translates to Zircon), and although all the details are not yet known, some information about the game has been released:
    • Unlike previous third versions, which left the plot of the game primarily the same, Zircon will feature several large changes to the plot and adventure to enhance the story.

• Giratina will play a much larger role in Zircon, and you will be able to encounter it before fighting the Elite 4. (How this will work exactly is unknown, because it isn't on the Sinnoh Dex... maybe you won't be able to catch it? maybe it will just have "???" for its number?)

• There is a new area to the Northeast Island called the "Challenge Area," which will contain simulation fights similar to Pokemon XD, as well as some competitive-style battles with twists thrown in. (Sort of like the Battle Frontier from Emerald, I'm guessing.)

• New applications for your Poketch!

Information is very limited at this point, although I am sure we'll be hearing more about Pokemon Zircon in the upcoming months before its release date, which is scheduled for Fall '07 in Japan.[/strike]

April Fools!

Yes, as I'm sure many of you figured out, the box art for Pokemon Zircon was a fake. I tried to make it as believable as possible, and I've gotta say I don't think I did half bad.

Although I think some of the features I mentioned would be neat, no third version to the D/P series has been announced, not even in Japan. Throughout this whole thing, it really did make me wonder how the third version (if they do make one) Legendary will work, since the only other Legendary in the Sinnoh Dex is Manaphy, and you get that in a different way. Curious...

I apologize if I upset or mislead anyone, and I hope you enjoyed this year's April Fool's Day surprise! It's all in the spirit of fun...

Also, a quick REAL update: a bug in the size comparison feature of the Pokedex has been fixed. Now, smaller Pokemon should be displayed at their proper height rather than look reaaaallly tiny.
    Yeh right. April Foolz.
    "This space STILL sponsored by SteVanDan"
    Just commenting that there's a serebii topic about this going on right now. It's quite hilarious. ^_^
    This has to be a joke. It usually takes a year or 2 before a 3rd version is announced.

Quote from gunthetra »
    I WANT THE SHOP BACK
    I WANT POINTS BACK
    I WANT MY LITTLE DINKY PIKACHU PET BACK SO IT CAN JUST SIT AND ****
    CHANSEY SCRATCHCARDS WERE A VITAL REASON WHY I WAS ACTIVE
    LISTEN TO ME SPACEGOO AND STOP IGNORING THE MASSES
    I WANT MORE FORUMS AND STUFF
    WHY IS THE AVATAR AND SIG FILESIZE LIMIT SO STUPID
    YOU AREN'T EVEN TRYING
    **** YOU

Quote from Ekul Yenaved »

Just commenting that there's a serebii topic about this going on right now. It's quite hilarious. ^_^

oh noez, dey stoleded ur aphrilz phoolz j00kz!111
    Huzzah! This totally rocks! I can't wait to buy it!
    [url=http]Click here for a gift[\url] I am paired with FDK

Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.tinyurl.com/2cd2ef

I KNOW HOW TO GET TONS OF POSTS WITHOUT SPAMFEST OR G & OR
    Despite this being an April Fool's Day joke, I'm pretty sure there will be a third version, most likely with Giratina.
    Before posting, PLEASE READ THE RULES AND THE STICKIES FOR THE FORUM!

I refuse to answer any questions that can be answered using a Sticky in the DP Board. I encourage others to do the same, as it will encourage (or force) everyone to use the stickies.

Credit to ' K I A for making the Kyogre banner.
    This is obviously an April Fool's Joke. I mean, I can't beleive that Japan would already have an add on to D/P, when D/P hasn't even been released here!
    I pre-ordered Pokemon Platinum, so I hope to help make video coverages.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PokemonPlatinumJP
    My Youtube Account
    Quote from Apple Pikachu »

This is obviously an April Fool's Joke. I mean, I can't beleive that Japan would already have an add on to D/P, when D/P hasn't even been released here!

They'll do one eventually, though.

I refuse to answer any questions that can be answered using a Sticky in the DP Board. I encourage others to do the same, as it will encourage (or force) everyone to use the stickies.

Can you get Cresalia before you complete the dex? Because if you can...

My friend code. No use now, seeing as my modem doesn't work with my DS.

5326 9835 0481
    Quote from thunda_night »

You can't. Mesprit will be on the 3rd game box- trust me...

Quote from thunda_night »

You can't. Mesprit will be on the 3rd game box- trust me...

Why Mespirit?

Because it runs and it's in the Sinnoh Dex. Or maybe Giratina will be the star and will take you to a world where the Sinnoh Dex doesn't exist. Or, it could just show up and then wait until after the Elites to be available (Groudon/Kyogre in Emerald)

*does the happy monkey dance*
    Quote from Gigawolf1 »

Because it runs and it's in the Sinnoh Dex. Or maybe Giratina will be the star and will take you to a world where the Sinnoh Dex doesn't exist. Or, it could just show up and then wait until after the Elites to be available (Groudon/Kyogre in Emerald)

*does the happy monkey dance*

I'm still pretty sure Giratina is the star. Is it not the leader of Dialga and Palkia, like Rayquaza is the leader of Kyogre and Groudon?

Giradina has no relation to Palkia and Dialgia, IIRC. Mesprit and friends do.
    Out of all the legendaries in sinnoh

Diagla

Palkia and

Giritana

are the only three legends to have a dragon type and another type

serebii also said that it was the third and went with Diagla and Palkia

Diagla and Palkia are very futuristic but Giritana is like a fossil (bears a great resemblance to anorith IMO) so maybe they are all to do with time

The Future (Diagla Palkia) the Past (Giritana)
    Water is my Element

The Water Master

90% of pokemon lovers hate Pikachu. If you like pikachu, paste this into your sig
    yeah. kinda figured that out....
    It could be Darkrai. The tenth Pokémon movie is called Palkia vs Dialga vs Darkrai.

So Zircon might be true, even if you don't Darkrai it before you complete the dex.

Or after...

My friend code. No use now, seeing as my modem doesn't work with my DS.

5326 9835 0481
    Darkrai is an event Pokémon, so no wai.

Darkrai is an event Pokémon, so no wai.

He's right. And I'm betting Darkrai is [the only] evil [Pokemon]. Giratina I thought mastered the space-time continuum.

• To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes