This thread was Locked by Rarity.

App?

Has anyone ever thought about making a Marriland app?

I'm craving for one! I bet it would come in handy for a lot of people.

FC Pokemon X: 4141 - 3420 - 4640
    FC Pokemon Y: 4167 - 5812 - 2318

Pokemon safari X: Fire, Pansear, Larvesta and Braixen
    Pokemon safari Y: Water, Wartortle and Octillery. 

This idea has been suggested in the past. This would certainly come in handy for many - I use a Droid and Blackberry myself so I can understand the pains of browsing a Curse forum on mobile devices. However, the trouble with this idea is that we lack the expertise in such manners and it would be extremely difficult to code an entire app. Unless someone is willing to volunteer to make such an app, I doubt this would actually progress any further. Of course we'd have to calculate if the number of existing Marrilanders browsing on mobile devices warrant such a development too. ;P

Last edited by Ice_Dragon: 2/5/2013 9:18:29 AM
    "Beyond the fiction of reality, there is the reality of the fiction"

The Pokemon Company International (and the Japanese equivalent, The Pokemon Company) have made it very clear that they do not want unofficial Pokemon apps out there. While yes, several do exist, there were many great ones wiped out a year or two back, and that sent a very clear message of their intentions. Unless we are given the official nod to do so, which I doubt will happen, we will not be pursuing an app for any platform and will instead focus on better mobile support in the new design.

Ah that's too bad, thank you for the explanation though. 

FC Pokemon X: 4141 - 3420 - 4640
    FC Pokemon Y: 4167 - 5812 - 2318

Pokemon safari X: Fire, Pansear, Larvesta and Braixen
    Pokemon safari Y: Water, Wartortle and Octillery. 

That seems fine... But the thought of a Marriland app is pretty sweet

My Y Team:

Yeah it does sound pretty sweet, maybe some sort of forum app could kind of provide a loophole, but probably not, would still be pretty cool though:).

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING!?*click*"                           

Pokemon FireRed Randomizer Nuzlocke [completed]| AMA |The Challengers Clan

Hoenn Remake Discussion ClubPokemon HeartGold Poison Monotype Challenge

Hey there InverseOblivion! Yep I totally understand how awesome it would be to have an app for the forums, however, as Marriland said, Pokemon does not want any unofficial apps out there.

Anyways, the post prior to this one was from over a year ago! This is called topic revival and it is against the rules of the forums. Please check the date of the last post to avoid revivals such as this. Thanks~

I'm awkward, your gorgeous. Wait, what?
    Pokedex Completed On: 7/30/14|Extended Sig
  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes