Looking for a fun way to wind down after a series of International Challenge tournaments and the 2013 Spring Regional Championships? Well, you're in luck, because the 2013 Spring Friendly tournament on the Pokémon Global Link is slated to take place in the middle of the month, with registration open from May 9th until May 16th!
The rules for the 2013 Spring Friendly mix things up a bit by featuring only Pokémon from the Unova Pokédex in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. Here are some more highlights from the rules of the 2013 Spring Friendly:
- All battles will be played in the Single Battle style.
- Only Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 may be used. (#000–#300.)
- The Soul Dew item may not be held.
- The moves Sky Drop and Dark Void may not be used.
- Pokémon's levels are automatically set to level 30 for the tournament.
Every player that participates in at least five battles that end in either a win or a loss (in other words, no disconnecting) will be entered in the rankings and will receive two special Kyurem-themed C-Gear skins for their Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 versions.
The tournament itself runs from May 17th until May 20th, with registration running from May 9th until May 16th. You can register while signed in to the Pokémon Global Link. Good luck to everyone participating, have fun, and enjoy the game!